edited June 2005 in Strut Central
can you solder that shit back onbreak it down for an idiot

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    That's hillarious.

How did you manage that?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    by tip do you mean the jack?

I don't think you could solder the jack, but surely you could cut the lead and wire up a new jack !?!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    I broke the tip one time and for some reason had my mixer open. The tip fell into this unreachable place, and because I had a show that night, I spent about an hour and a half trying to manipulate this q-tip with glue on the end of it to get the piece. Then I superglued it on. Somehow I feel like I am remebering my past wrong.

• slushslush 691 Posts
    yeah the tip of the jack

theyre um sony mdr700 or something. id have to bend it slightly for it to plug into my minidisc player. bent it too far and it snapped

i also just broke my ewok plate

• slushslush 691 Posts

I don't think you could solder the jack, but surely you could cut the lead and wire up a new jack !?!

with household items and stuff? can i get macguyver with this?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    well, 2 similar situations are wiring up/together speaker cables (a straight (simple) wiring job) and replacing the power point on an electrical device (cut the power lead, solder onto the new power point, screw the top thing back on)

if you have an old pair of headphones you might want to look at how the cabling is constructed (i.e - cut it open and strip back) before butchering your sony's - but it seems liek you need to replace the jack part - I can't see any reason why the jack off a single to double RCA wouldn't work if you don't have some old headphones - others may have some ideas/experience though

EDIT[/b] - just a quick add, if you do go for the home wiring job make sure that the points where the wires are conencted can't touch each other otherwise you'll get a short and be fucked - this is particulary applicable to speaker cables and amplifiers