The Advantage Of The "Ladyfriend"

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Slow week at work............I'm betting NZ will agree with this take on the "Ladyfriend".The absolute BEST way to meet women, whether it be at the Pub or the Club, is to have a very attractive woman with you.The mentality I have seen in my years of bartending is that women, even though THEY are at the club, think all the single men there are pigs and "just after one thing".HOWEVER...If you are with another woman they don't think this, PLUS they think to themselves "Well he must not be that bad, he's with a good looking woman".AND....If you're not attached to that woman, other women who don't know this will try to "steal" you away.It's fool proof, guaranteed 100%!

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've heard this theory proposed but here's the question: if you're at a bar with an attractive woman, wouldn't this communicate that you are not, in fact, available? Ergo, why would another woman speak to you in such a social setting?

Note: since I don't drink, I spend little time in bars (outside of spinning) so I've never tried to observe social interaction science.

Drop that knowledge, Rock!

Slow week at work............

I'm betting NZ will agree with this take on the "Ladyfriend".

The absolute BEST way to meet women, whether it be at the Pub or the Club, is to have a very attractive woman with you.

The mentality I have seen in my years of bartending is that women, even though THEY are at the club, think all the single men there are pigs and "just after one thing".

HOWEVER...

If you are with another woman they don't think this, PLUS they think to themselves "Well he must not be that bad, he's with a good looking woman".

AND....

If you're not attached to that woman, other women who don't know this will try to "steal" you away.

It's fool proof, guaranteed 100%!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I concur.

after over a decade of observing primitive mating rituals from my side of the bar, i can attest that this method is a winner.

if you hit that bar single, you are going home single (or with a lady you wont want to wake up to).

But bring a lady friend, and your chances are greatly increased.

ahhh, bars....

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    finding said "attractive yet cool" girl to form your tag team that is first not taken, and second, willing to be the third wheel, is easier said than done.

conversely, imagine you hanging at a bar w/ your attractive single friend. She gets picked up, and you're left there twiddling your thumbs.

not so sunny after all now?

as with all things in life, you can spin it both ways.

• I have been told that in most cases the dude has nothing to do with who the girl wants to take home. It has far more to do with outshining the competition.

I've heard this theory proposed but here's the question: if you're at a bar with an attractive woman, wouldn't this communicate that you are not, in fact, available? Ergo, why would another woman speak to you in such a social setting?

Note: since I don't drink, I spend little time in bars (outside of spinning) so I've never tried to observe social interaction science.

Slow week at work............

I'm betting NZ will agree with this take on the "Ladyfriend".

The absolute BEST way to meet women, whether it be at the Pub or the Club, is to have a very attractive woman with you.

The mentality I have seen in my years of bartending is that women, even though THEY are at the club, think all the single men there are pigs and "just after one thing".

HOWEVER...

If you are with another woman they don't think this, PLUS they think to themselves "Well he must not be that bad, he's with a good looking woman".

AND....

If you're not attached to that woman, other women who don't know this will try to "steal" you away.

It's fool proof, guaranteed 100%!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Well the man has to initiate the interaction...but then the woman thinks "He's more attracted to me than that hot woman he's with".

It's just like sales.....it's all about having the psychological advantage.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    finding said "attractive yet cool" girl to form your tag team that is first not taken, and second, willing to be the third wheel, is easier said than done.

conversely, imagine you hanging at a bar w/ your attractive single friend. She gets picked up, and you're left there twiddling your thumbs.

not so sunny after all now?

as with all things in life, you can spin it both ways.

This absolutely does happen.....but finding a "ladyfriend" is easier than you think.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    oh I agree with you that in the right situation it will work. Alas it can also backfire on you.....

personally I prefer to work my own missions. Mainly because most girls I'm friends with will want to get into my business if I hook up w/ someone in front of them. People like to gossip, girls are obviously people, you draw your own conclusions on that one.

• i have also found that being absolutely stunning in your own right works for me too.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the drakkar noir + denim shirt doesn't hurt either

• the drakkar noir + denim shirt doesn't hurt either

how dare you!

i rock COOL WATER

the drakkar noir + denim shirt doesn't hurt either

i think youll find the correct shirt to waer with you DN is Chambrey.

i love those guys.

used to work in a bar where we didnt have prices on the cocktail menus, those chambrey drakkar noir muppets would always try to ply their way in with a cosmopolitan, so eggnuts orders two and i say thatll be $40.

cant look like a cheapass in front of the lady right? cough up buddy.

funny how they always left after the first drink.

and dont even get me started on the piss cubes.

come on Rock, drop some stories on em...

• MY GIRL GOT A GIRLFRIEND

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    MY GIRL GOT A GIRLFRIEND

Somehow, I'm not sure if "Get your girl a girlfriend and put 'em both in a pearl Benz" is advice that most SoulStrut dudes are going to be able to do anything with.

MY GIRL GOT A GIRLFRIEND

"Get your girl a girlfriend and put 'em both in a pearl Benz"

i can attest to the success rate of this method.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    This doesn't work at bars for obvius reasons, but if you want a REAL chicken magnet, get yourself a baby. Ages 1.5-2.5 work best.

• This doesn't work at bars for obvius reasons, but if you want a REAL chicken magnet, get yourself a baby. Ages 1.5-2.5 work best.

FAKE FATHERHOOD ALERT

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    This doesn't work at bars for obvius reasons, but if you want a REAL chicken magnet, get yourself a baby. Ages 1.5-2.5 work best.

FAKE FATHERHOOD ALERT

Well, can't say I didn't use the fake divorced father move, but now, years later and with my own son, I can testify that this method still works. I am totally married and happy about that, so let's just say it is fake flirting now

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

FAKE FATHERHOOD ALERT

Dogs aren't a bad but distant second. But I've been having a rough time getting my black lab into the club. Always giving her a hard time, even though I make sure to bring her tags.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've been having a rough time getting my black lab 2 year old into the club.

FAKE FATHERHOOD ALERT

Well, can't say I didn't use the fake divorced father move, but now, years later and with my own son, I can testify that this method still works. I am totally married and happy about that, so let's just say it is fake flirting now

real dads know the deal.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Well the man has to initiate the interaction...but then the woman thinks "He's more attracted to me than that hot woman he's with".

It's just like sales.....it's all about having the psychological advantage.

Who was it who said "for every hot woman out there, there's a guy who's sick of fucking her"?

Sorry ladies I'm taken.

• I've been having a rough time getting my black lab 2 year old into the club.

You sure? I was on 17th yesterday and I saw some chick with a glass of cider in one hand and a baby in another; while her two friends just watched.

it was also 11:00 on wednesday night

white people

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    an even better advantage of keeping that "ladyfriend" just a friend: her friends

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Dogs aren't a bad but distant second.

just don't use a chihuaha

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This doesn't work at bars for obvius reasons, but if you want a REAL chicken magnet, get yourself some game.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This doesn't work at bars for obvius reasons, but if you want a REAL chicken magnet, get yourself some game.

This sounds time consuming and complicated.

I am only interested in instant solutions--can you recommend any that are available for less than $20?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I am only interested in instant solutions--can you recommend any that are available for less than $20?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

LESS than $20!! LESS!

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    McNulty and Bunk disagree

"lets try number 2"