Snow Day, Yes! (CO Blizzard Related)

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
First snow day in a couple years, plus it's 2 working days until my 10 day break (all work days as paid holidays), and it looks like campus will also be closed tomorrow. So I come in Friday and then I'm off until Jan 2 paid. How sweet it is! I think about 4 or 5 inches have dropped in a matter of a few hours. It's projected to snow all day and night and all of tomorrow, something like an inch to 2 inches an hour. Now this is that winter schitt I remember from growing up in USNY!

Comments

• Umm, I think I'm getting more than I bargained for. This snow day turned into an almost state-wide blizzard. We already got about 18 inches since this morning and there are drifts up to 4 and 5 feet outside my door. My door won't even open. They closed down the entire airport, major highways leading east and north out of the state, and pretty much anything else you can imagine is also closed. Thank goodness I have enough food and entertainment for a couple days cuz there's no way I'm getting out of here. Shit is crazy out there right now. A far cry from the chilling 40 degree day in SoCal, I know....

From the local newspaper:

"A huge blizzard blew into Colorado, shutting down cities, schools, Denver International Airport and the state's three Interstate highways from Denver east to Kansas and Nebraska and south to New Mexico. Gov. Bill Owens declared the storm a disaster emergency and activated the National Guard.[/b]"

They even canceled tonight's Nuggets/Suns game.

• rastarasta 27 Posts
    My boy Dave called me this morning from CO, he is lovin it right now...

From the Winter Park website. "It's snowing big! Winter Park Resort has 21 inches and counting, powder day conditions apply, view detailed report."

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Berthoud Pass should be a death trap by now.

• rastarasta 27 Posts
    The pass has been closed since yesterday...NO LURKERS AT THE MOUNTAIN

• Berthoud Pass should be a death trap by now.

There probably isn't a Berthoud pass right now. Unless you're on a sled with 8 or 12 dogs. As of yesterday, you literally could not leave this state by plane or automobile. I'm thankful that my landlord shoveled a path to my door and shoveled away the 3.5 foot drift that was keeping me in my house whether I liked it or not.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    My brother, his gf and their two kids spent last night in a motel near DIA. They will not be coming home for Xmas.