Rappin 4 Tay - Playaz Club appreciation

awallawall 673 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
My love of this song continues to escalate at a exponential rate. did this make much of a splash outside of the bay?as smooth as wiggling your toes on a mink rug.

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    My love of this song continues to escalate at a exponential rate. did this make much of a splash outside of the bay?

as smooth as wiggling your toes on a mink rug.

it did in LA, well sort of.

I second this.

• The only thing I know about Rappin 4 Tay was like 6 years ago when I was talking to my friend from Sacramento, he and I were going back and forth with dumb snaps like "You got doubles of YMCA.. and they got cue burn!" And one of his disses was something like "You do searches on ebay for Rappin 4 Tay singles" and it made me laugh my ass off,, even though I had no idea who the fuck he was talking about.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    Dope track. The whole Don't Fight The Feelin' was pretty nice.

"Don't need a glock, but I bought one just in case..."

and my favorite one

"Ms. Goodytwoshoe I see ya lata' I ain't got time you ain't nuthin but a playa hata"

my favorite is the opening line. "I got a hoe named real to real/she got a buddy named SP 12/now you know the deal".

and he gives a shoutout to bakersfield (???). like he says dude is "unrapable"

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

• per0per0 153 Posts
    Dug it Down Under.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Playaz Club was/is hot to me. Didn't really blow in NJ though. Does any one know the sample they used in that song?

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Dope track. The whole Don't Fight The Feelin' was pretty nice.

"Now I'm offa that dank and gin..."

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Bell, William
    ?: (Stax ?)
    * "Private Number" (with Judy Clay)
    Rappin' 4-Tay - "Playaz Club"

take that shit to the-breaks son

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Bell, William
    ?: (Stax ?)
    * "Private Number" (with Judy Clay)
    Rappin' 4-Tay - "Playaz Club"

take that shit to the-breaks son
    good look daze.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    i hate that song

• I always liked "She's A Sellout"

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I always liked "She's A Sellout"

i dont think i've heard that song...i must search

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I was in the Bay and i hated that shit. It was mad corny to me. The players club, he wasn't even a good mac as far as I remember. Now I hear that shit, start noddin' my head, and try to pretend I don't remember. The beat's kinda hot.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I was like 13 livin' in Sunnyvale at the time and this shit was all over KMEL. I loved that shit and still do.

-e

• I was like 22 livin' in the Fillmore at the time and this shit was all over KMEL. I loved that shit and still do.

-j

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    I was like 22 livin' in the Fillmore at the time and this shit was all over KMEL. I loved that shit and still do.

-j

Yea! I lost that shit. Who's got some mp3? Peacefoulrotatorcuff, is that 4Tay on the "Dangerous Crew" bloodsplatter record the song you're talking about?

Girl calls me "Baby Bubba" all the time. She has no idea where she got that from.

• I was like 22 when 'Off Parole' came out. Got picked up for some 'failure to appear in court' bull and spent the night in the local. All the dudes I knew clowned me with that record for years. Hate that sh*t. Playaz Club is good though.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I was like 22 livin' in Austin at the time and this shit was all over BET. I visited SF for the first time not long after and was stoked to see Fillmore [That's where 4Tay's from, right?] I loved that shit and still do.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    I was like 22 livin' in Austin at the time and this shit was all over BET. I visited SF for the first time not long after and was stoked to see Fillmore [That's where 4Tay's from, right?] I loved that shit and still do.

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    It was relatively big in Seattle. Never really liked it that much though. 4-Tay just seemed old as shit to me back then. He might have been like 38 back then. "Don't Fight the Feeling" is a classic though.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    hating this song is understandable but still out of the question.

oh, and peacefulrotation...what's this bambouche tells me about you being from McKinnleyville?!?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i never really dug it. i remember the radio station out in hampton roads, va brought him out for their summerjam like 10 years ago and when rappin'4tay came out, they threw bottles and shit at him.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    i never really dug it. i remember the radio station out in hampton roads, va brought him out for their summerjam like 10 years ago and when rappin'4tay came out, they threw bottles and shit at him.

hilarious!