Where Do You Keep Your Butter?

2»

Comments

• What about those crazys that put peanut butter in the fridge. shit is nuts.

Aren't you supposed to keep "real" peanut butter in the fridge though after you open it up and mix it all together? JIF and stuff goes in the cupboard.

Aren't you supposed to keep "real" peanut butter in the fridge though after you open it up and mix it all together? JIF and stuff goes in the cupboard.

yup. real- refrig. fake- cupboard.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Butter - fridge
    Maragerine - Hell no
    Ghee - fridge
    Duck/Chicken/Pork Fat - freezer until needed
    Hot Sauce - Cupboard,unless its homemade(no preservatives)
    KYJelly/Asstroglide - Room temp
    Mustard(Tarragon/Dijon/French) - Fridge - bring to room temp b4 use if wanted

• My gf refuses to refrigerate ketchup. It pisses me the fuck off.

uhh, thought about buying a second bottle !?!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    With cold butter, I find that I can still easily get a smooth spreadable knifeful by lightly scraping the surface of the butter with quick, repeated strokes--(perhaps the friction builds up the right amount of heat). The resulting consistency is perfect.

• rastarasta 27 Posts
    My mom doesn't either, and it makes sense. When you put it on your burger, or eggs---it doesn't make them all cold and shhhhhht.

Also, I keep the butter out in a "butter dish" I have heard that butter tastes better if it is warm. Take it out 20 minutes before you want to use it and it'll get up to a temperature suitable for spreadable goodness.

PS, I am from Wisconsin. Butter is like the second cheese here.