where is Iverson gonna go???

thestrangemuseumthestrangemuseum 25 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I want to see him in denver with melo but I think golden state is making a late run to grab him...philly without AI is messed up...that team is gonna git greg oden next year........

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Timberwolves, plaese.

• Grizzles plaese....him + Gasol=

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    that team is gonna git greg oden next year........

has this dude already spoke about his intentions for next year?

BTW this dude looks like he's 46

• Grizzles plaese....him + Gasol=

NO DOUBT!!! if that happened, I'd be making that 3 hour trip on the reg!!! it's the real long shot though - Vesey says the Kings are the frontrunner.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Timberwolves, plaese.

Because of his salary, this'll probably end up being a three-team deal with Sac involved somehow.

• Yeah, him going to Sacramento for Bibby seems the most likely. Memphis can't do it because they're in the process of selling the team. Minnesota doesn't have anyone the Sixers want really. I'd like to see him in Denver personally.

• I want to see him in denver with melo but I think golden state is making a late run to grab him...philly without AI is messed up...that team is gonna git greg oden next year........

I don't understand why anybody would think this is a good idea. They can't both score 30-40 points a game. Plus J.R. Smith is the second scorer right now and he's doing fine. And he's only 20 and Melo is only 22. They can develop to become one of those great scoring duos if they work at it long enough. We don't need no stinking Iverson.

Don't get me wrong though, Iverson is bad ass, one of my favorite individual players ever.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Minnesota doesn't have anyone the Sixers want really.

Foye would be attractive because of his Philly connections; throw in a combination of Hassell/Davis/Hudson/Jaric and you'd have some relatively short-term contract commitments.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    I could deal with getting Bibby. I want Kenny Thomas back too.

Bibby
    Korver
    Iguodala
    K Thomas / Webber (other is 6th man)
    Dalembert

We need to build and this wouldn't be a bad start. Webber certainly doesn't have a ton of time left in him, we don't have depth, but we have guys that are developing. Hunter's height alone brings boards and blocks. Randolph is scrappy but is getting more confident. We wouldn't be too bad defensively and we would be looking at a much different offensive game, but i am looking at this strictly as Joel watching the Sixers which is something i've done every winter for the past 14 years and i would at least be entertained by this group.

• So I guess Denver proposed a trade tonight. The proposal is J.R. Smith, Nene, and Najera for Iverson or some shit. I think Philly countered with Iverson for Smith, Camby, and Najera. Haven't heard what happened since that. I guess the Nugs got a different plan than I thought! I just kinda hope we don't lose Camby. Or Miller. We can live without Najera, though he has been the hustle man. Smith, I like the kid, I would like to see him stay, but oh well. He ain't been here long so nobody's all that attached. He's gonna be nice though, and playing with Carmelo Anthony would probably help him get better a lot quicker. But Camby, old as he is, still averages a double double and just plays well in general. Plus he always has monster blocks against big dudes. Anyway, this was some shit my friend saw so we'll see what happens.