FEMALE PROBLEMS

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
im having female problems.yeah, so they have whats called "santa ana winds" down here and it makes my delicate porcelain skin really dry. im not used to it. and i have taken to actually washing my face and rubbing lotions on my mug. a homegirl of mines said that was crazy cuz im not using face potion but regular ass lotion that apparently chicks will only use on the hands and body or something. im just curious if this is true like is there some magical shit they put in face potion or are my homegirls just suckas for some wack ass marketing flibbityfloo? i have also developed a red patch on my cheek due to the soap, i believe. im wondering if that is just a reaction to soap touching my face or maybe im scrubbing my face too hard. i dont know these things. please help ladies and girlyboys.i asked this over at special nerds/whiteboys club but i tend to think that my soulstrut peeps are more, how you say, metrosexual and would know about such magic like face potion. yes?

Comments

• I can confirm that to women, lotion is just lotion and it is not to be used on the face. My lady has some daytime AND some nighttime shit for that.

I throw some Aloe Vera Shit on my face and she looks at me like I'm a hethen.

**I posted this at weird dudes with retarded grade school kids breathing records too

• Try Curel. I use to keep my dry hands un-dry, and it's also great for healing tattoos....

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    a homegirl of mines said that was crazy cuz im not using face potion but regular ass lotion that apparently chicks will only use on the hands and body or something.

Just so we're all on the same page, can you clarify whether you were referring to "regular-azz lotion" or "regular azz-lotion"? Thanks.

• Also, as it concerns this board rather than that, I believe those Clipse dudes mention in a song that one of their ladyfriends likes to "bathe in Odwalla".

That sounds like some hippy HCrink shit for sure.

• a homegirl of mines said that was crazy cuz im not using face potion but regular ass lotion that apparently chicks will only use on the hands and body or something.

Just so we're all on the same page, can you clarify whether you were referring to "regular-azz lotion" or "regular azz-lotion"? Thanks.

they make ass lotion?

and funky16, youre obviously a dude. im talking bout some hoohaw called face lotion that is apparently made for the face only. ive seen it too. it comes in little bottles. seriously!

• My guy likes this stuff for the hands:

And this for the face:

(cleanser)

(lotion)

He probably wouldn't buy the last two for himself, but since I got it for him he uses it.

• im having female problems.

yeah, so they have whats called "santa ana winds" down here and it makes my delicate porcelain skin really dry. im not used to it. and i have taken to actually washing my face and rubbing lotions on my mug. a homegirl of mines said that was crazy cuz im not using face potion but regular ass lotion that apparently chicks will only use on the hands and body or something. im just curious if this is true like is there some magical shit they put in face potion or are my homegirls just suckas for some wack ass marketing flibbityfloo? i have also developed a red patch on my cheek due to the soap, i believe. im wondering if that is just a reaction to soap touching my face or maybe im scrubbing my face too hard. i dont know these things. please help ladies and girlyboys.

i asked this over at special nerds/whiteboys club but i tend to think that my soulstrut peeps are more, how you say, metrosexual and would know about such magic like face potion. yes?

OK, dood... I'm gonna let you in on my beauty secrets....

http://www.jurliquestore.com/?id=g101

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Post shower shit.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I wouldn't put just any lotion on my face to help with dry skin cause I think that some lotions have more moisturizing shit in them, depending on where you need to put it. Your skin on your hands, elbows, knees is thicker than on your face - the stuff that would go on there is gonna be extra greasy. I think face moisturizer is going to be more mild so that you don't end up with pimples & blotches.

peace

h

• And this for the face:

(cleanser)

(lotion)

thats all fine and dandy young lady, but i guess im wondering if its true that regular-azz lotion is like battery acid for the shig-o-face? i mean, judging by girlsiz reactions, im like personally offending them by putting regular lotion on my face.

Regular ass hotel Ivory type soap is dead. Drink lots of water too.

• oh id also like to say, very nice with the msg board speed today, raj!

Your medicine cabinet is like your fridge. Women check that shit when they use your bathroom.
    Step yo products game up. Unless the woman are on some drugstore steelo.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I'm sure it's all good to use that stuff on on your face. Like you said, it's just lotion. But if you want that extra soft feeling, pick up some of that $10 face lotion in the skin aisle (ayo!). Me personally, I use this Aveno oatmeal lotion that makes me feel Positively Radiant.

• Your medicine cabinet is like your fridge. Women check that shit when they use your bathroom.

point taken young lady! thanks for the insight.

• i responded on Waxidermy, but I will here too.

face moisturizer is different than regular-ass moisturizer in that it's almost always oil-free, and it usually has a light sunblock in it too.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Also, as it concerns this board rather than that, I believe those Clipse dudes mention in a song that one of their ladyfriends likes to "bathe in Odwalla".

That sounds like some hippy HCrink shit for sure.

Ever since they cosigned "Desperate Housewives," I've been wondering if they share my affinity for "The L World".

Clipse-endorsed lifestyle products may need its own thread...

Your medicine cabinet is like your fridge. Women check that shit when they use your bathroom.

• i would recommend seeing a dermatologist who can help you with products for your skin type, the type
    of water in your area, and your cleaning habits. that being said, you should probably be using
    some sort of specialized cleanser to wash your face, from what you say i would reccomend something
    to exfoliate the dry dead skin that the wind is causing. after towel drying your face i would probably use
    a light milk or face cream, something not very oily or greasy (which many hand and body lotions are),
    and after rubbing that in i would use a facial toner to help seal up your mug and keep shit nice and firm
    and pretty all day.

problem is, if you dive into this realm of skin care, shit is not cheap, or easy to get.

i seriously recommend Dr. Hauschka products,
    but a good dermatologist will be able to help far more than a bunch of record nerds and dj's
    on the internet.

• Shig,

Holler at your boy. I just translated 100 pages of this stuff at work:

IMG SRC="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/hogginthefogg/lbelcatalog2.jpg" WIDTH=700>

PS At your age, you really should add a nighttime moisturizer to your skin care routine. And I *know* you're already using an eye cream, right?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    HJ makes me put shit on my face. She doesn't call it lotion. She calls it moisturizer. she says it will help me get rid of my wrinkles. I tell her I don't care about my wrinkles and think that they are cool, like clin eastwood. She says she is the one that has to look at my wrinkly ass face all day, so put on the goddam moisturizer.

But lately, as shiggy has said, the santa anas have been drying my face out somthing fierce, to where it actually itches. so now i put it on voluntarily just for releif. I still say wrinkles are cool though. not deep ones, but like, lines and shit. like scars are cool too.

So anyways, just go to bath and bodyworks or something and tell those bitches your fucking face is dry. I'm sure they'll hook you up

• Your medicine cabinet is like your fridge. Women check that shit when they use your bathroom.

girlfriend, get on my hype!

• thats all fine and dandy young lady, but i guess im wondering if its true that regular-azz lotion is like battery acid for the shig-o-face? i mean, judging by girlsiz reactions, im like personally offending them by putting regular lotion on my face.
    I don't buy too much into the specialized beauty products thing, maybe not as much as most women anyway. I don't think you need 10 different lotions for different parts of the body.

That said, body lotion tends to have more fragrances and other things that could irritate the thinner and more sensitive skin on your face. That may be why you are having a reaction.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Strut thread of the week

• HOLYCRAP ROSSI MY EYEBALLS NEED LOTION TOO!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    a homegirl of mines said that was crazy cuz im not using face potion but regular ass lotion that apparently chicks will only use on the hands and body or something.

[cue up Broken Language instrumental]
    Faux Rillz...
    the keep-it-real, grammar hammer
    the hyphen checka...
    the bad punctuation decka.

• HJ makes me put shit on my face. She doesn't call it lotion. She calls it moisturizer. she says it will help me get rid of my wrinkles. I tell her I don't care about my wrinkles and think that they are cool, like clin eastwood. She says she is the one that has to look at my wrinkly ass face all day, so put on the goddam moisturizer.

But lately, as shiggy has said, the santa anas have been drying my face out somthing fierce, to where it actually itches. so now i put it on voluntarily just for releif. I still say wrinkles are cool though. not deep ones, but like, lines and shit. like scars are cool too.

So anyways, just go to bath and bodyworks or something and tell those bitches your fucking face is dry. I'm sure they'll hook you up

SOFTHANDS ALERT!!![/b]

hey dizzy how was black friday?

• thats all fine and dandy young lady, but i guess im wondering if its true that regular-azz lotion is like battery acid for the shig-o-face? i mean, judging by girlsiz reactions, im like personally offending them by putting regular lotion on my face.
    I don't buy too much into the specialized beauty products thing, maybe not as much as most women anyway. I don't think you need 10 different lotions for different parts of the body.

That said, body lotion tends to have more fragrances and other things that could irritate the thinner and more sensitive skin on your face. That may be why you are having a reaction.

LadyDay speaks the truth, although you do need facial moisturizers, body lotion, eye creams, and hand creams. See? Only 4!

But moisturizers are only part of the picture, Shiggy-San. A basic skin care routine for someone your age (30-40) would be:

AM
    Cleanser + Toner + Moisturizer + Eye Cream

PM
    Cleanser + Toner + Nourisher

I can't believe you'd put body lotion on your face. I...I don't know you. You should only use that on your daikon ashi.

• i have also developed a red patch on my cheek due to the soap, i believe.

I grew up in st. louis... we just do this: