AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted Vs Death Certificate.

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Predator.

You can run but you can't hide Westside
    Nightstalker, shit-talker, run and tell them Mr. L.M
    Nigga with a gat and I'm back
    Off the everyday prey that I slay
    Rolling with a flotation through South Central
    Monkey wrench ho' should know that she'll get the Bozack
    Cause I'm not starvin' but fuck that Johnny Carson ho'
    Never had me on the Late Night Show
    Comin' with the shit that'll hit
    Steady Mobbin' cuz the flavor's good
    There goes the neighborhood
    Nigga with the third album
    How come he don't fall off
    Rollin' wit the the sawed-off gauge
    Turn the page of the chapter, caught up in the rapture
    But you know Anita, she can get the peter
    Eat em' yum and you're floored
    Mutha fuck Billboard and the editor
    Here comes the Predator

Check your head for the new style
    Fuck Lawrence Powell and Briseno, Wind, and Koon
    Pretty soon we'll fuck them like they fucked us and won't kiss em'
    Riots ain't nothin' but diets for the system
    Fightin' with the beast, no justice, no peace
    If any, even if we fuck up Denny
    Niggas are sick of your white man's tricks with no treat
    That's right now it's on on sight
    You called me a Muslim, no I'm not a resident still got my vote in
    Farrakhan for President of white America I'm tearin' ya a new asshole
    Who's the nigga with the new black
    Strollin' to your suburb house and I douse with gas
    Now who's cleanin' up trash?
    Eat em' yum and you're floored
    Here comes the Predator

Got my black rag showin' and I'm whorin' Ira Reiner
    Can kiss my grits like Flo on Mel's Diner
    I'm meaner than a muthafuckin' hyena chasin' antelope
    Put my chrome to ya' dome watch it bust like a cantalope
    I can't stand a rope, so don't try to hang em'
    Talk about dogs, Boy I can slang em'
    Rat-a-tat-tat on your noggin
    Cause Ice'll cream yo' ass like Haagen Dazs Chocolate
    I get crazy when I catch wreck
    Even be flippin' the tongue like diggety dung Das Efx
    So who is Ice Cube?
    I'm a rapper, actor, macker
    Got a little problem with the redneck cracker
    Get the tallywhacker, Jerry Heller is a devil shit-packer
    Comin' wit a crazy pitch
    Statue of Liberty ain't nothin but a lazy bitch
    Don't want to give up the crack to the black
    But you'll call it racial if we go and rape the ho'
    But eat em' yum and you're floored
    I am the Predator

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Damn.
    I'm broke.
    My feet hurt.
    (Inside the mind of a car jacker)
    And that bitch is slippin.
    It makes me wanna..creep.

[Verse One]

Damn, I'm such a G it's pathetic
    Here comes the big-headed
    Nigga that's dippin
    Sippin on Courvoisier
    Goddamn I must havta floss today
    Now pimpin aint easy but it's necessary
    So I'm chasin bitches like Tom chased Jerry
    I'll put the pedal to the flo-uh
    In my two-tone Ford Explo-uh
    You know how it's done
    Sounds bumpin
    Ain't that sumthin?
    Jumped on the 110
    She's flyin in the Blazer
    Like "Go Speed Racer"
    But I ain't gonna chase her
    Like Racer X
    But I won't flex
    Til it's time to have sex
    So when you wanna get togetha?
    Cause you know a nigga like me
    Is down for whatever

And I'm down for whatever

[Verse Two]

When I was little I didn't wanna be like Mike
    I wanted to be like Ike
    Cause
    Papa Was A Rolling Stone in the sixties
    And he liked green like Bill Bixby
    Told me that my best friend was a ten and a twenty
    Pokets never skinny
    Played let's get it on in the living room
    Cause he'll turn the party out sayin, "This is MY muthafuckin house"
    And y'all gots to go
    Through the door
    And if you can't find the door
    He'll help you with the four-four
    Talkin much shit on the grass
    And straight down to blast
    I'm still in my p.j.'s
    He's in a turtleneck sweater
    And we down for whatever

And I'm down
    Solid Pro is down for whatever
    The Don Jaguar is down for whatever
    And it don't seem to stop

[Verse Three]

Now
    I don't talk a lot of shit
    But when it's time to get busy with these hos, let's go
    Cause I'd rather see a skinhead dead
    Then my niggas wearin blue or red
    Cause I got the gift
    To hit these hos swift
    And I'm smellin like a fifth
    Of sumthin
    Yeah, that's right
    I'm standin in the store
    Koreans
    Act so nice
    Cause I got potentials to blow up a Winchells
    Donut
    And you know what?
    I'm Cool Like Dat like Digable Planets
    But don't take a nigga for granted
    Cause whether it's a verdict of the L.A. four
    You just don't know
    That this rappin-ass nigga will change with the weather
    And be down for whatever

[Outro]

And I'm down
    Creep.

Ice Cube - devoid of pop
    And I will never dance for you trick-ass niggas

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Death Certificate

• vhsvhs 18 Posts
    Both are classic lps but Death Cert is more entertaining to me.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Damn.
    I'm broke.
    My feet hurt.
    (Inside the mind of a car jacker)
    And that bitch is slippin.

[Verse One]

Damn, I'm such a G it's pathetic
    Here comes the big-headed
    Nigga that's dippin
    Sippin on Courvoisier
    Goddamn I must havta floss today
    Now pimpin aint easy but it's necessary
    So I'm chasin bitches like Tom chased Jerry
    I'll put the pedal to the flo-uh
    In my two-tone Ford Explo-uh
    You know how it's done
    Sounds bumpin
    Ain't that sumthin?
    Jumped on the 110
    She's flyin in the Blazer
    Like "Go Speed Racer"
    But I ain't gonna chase her
    Like Racer X
    But I won't flex
    Til it's time to have sex
    So when you wanna get togetha?
    Cause you know a nigga like me
    Is down for whatever

Anyone else think those Madness 4 Real beats were weak? I've always wondered how their beats got picked by Ice Cube, Eazy, etc.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Is DC the first Hip Hop album to separate the concepts. Life side/Death side?

Kool Keith did the Black Elvis/Lost In Space dichotomy thang as well.

Did LL do Bad/Badder sides on BAD?

Just wonderin'

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Death Certificate for me.

• AMW...played that shit until the tape broke.

• covecove 1,566 Posts

Did LL do Bad/Badder sides on BAD?

yup

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    AMW, but of course DC is an all-time great as well. AMW hit the streets like an H-bomb when it 1st came out... hard to top the best producers in the east teaming up with the best rapper from the wesside and having the schitt actually EXCEED the high expectations that everybody had for the album.

Cube dropping his brew =

The whole concept for DC was ... very at that time
    I knew that when he cut his curl off dude was gonna start going downhill, though... it was only a matter of time

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Death Certificate is perfection.

god damn straight it is... I'll add that Cube is one of if not the best to do it.

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    Death Certificate

top 10 g.o.a.t.

• thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts
    Both are great pieces but imma have to say AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted.

When The Ni**a You Love To Hate came on after the intro, I saw he still had that raw fire from NWA. I mean, you could really tell by the lyrics/beats Cube was still angry/frustrated or whatever you wanna call it, which made for a masterpiece of an album. Cube + Bomb Squad was a genius move as well. I think Cube saw how it worked for P.E.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Death Certificate is perfection.

Truth

That record IS California 1990. Perfect representation.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted shreds.

Both are great pieces but imma have to say AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted.

When The Ni**a You Love To Hate came on after the intro, I saw he still had that raw fire from NWA. I mean, you could really tell by the lyrics/beats Cube was still angry/frustrated or whatever you wanna call it, which made for a masterpiece of an album.

Most of the songs on AMW were originally intended to be on the follow up to NWA's "Straight Out Of Compton" album... it's been awhile since I listened so I don't remember for sure, but I think there are some lyrics on there where you can tell it was originally supposed to be for NWA, but he had to change it up a little after he defected from the group

• thesolelifethesolelife 369 Posts
    at that time
    I knew that when he cut his curl off dude was gonna start going downhill, though... it was only a matter of time

That's an interesting backdrop about some/or all tracks suppose to be on a NWA album.

Ha, I was also gonna add when he had the curl, he was a bad mofo....and when that shiet was cut off, his lyrics didn't have that punch as AMW and NWA and even his Macola days. For the record though, I also like DC and Predator, but after that, I lost interest. Lethal was aiight.

• CinisterCeeCinisterCee 863 Posts
    Death Certificate.

I love that layer of Latifah " ah-way " in the True To The Game beat.

Does anyone like Amerikka's more than Public Enemy's albums? Whenever I heard that Bomb Squad production I was like.... I wish it was Chuck & Flavor.

Does anyone like Amerikka's more than Public Enemy's albums? Whenever I heard that Bomb Squad production I was like.... I wish it was Chuck & Flavor.

My boy always called that the last good P.E. album, cause the next P.E. album wasnt as hot. Dude blew their loads on AMW.

My boy always called that the last good P.E. album, cause the next P.E. album wasnt as hot. Dude blew their loads on AMW.

I think Amerikka's would have been good material for PE, but I'm not about to start pretending I don't love Apocalype `91.

I think Amerikka's would have been good material for PE, but I'm not about to start pretending I don't love Apocalype `91.

91 < Fear/Nations/Yo! By the time 91 dropped the landscape for P.E. had changed.

that was most definitely the general consensus at the time... which is why i'm surprised that so many people these days (well, on SS anyway) rate Fear Of A Black Planet as PE's best album. Most people back then felt that FOABP wasn't even close to fuckin' with Cube's AMW, let alone It Takes A Nation (not that FOABP didn't have a lot of PE's best work, like Terrordome etc.).
    One thing about the production of AMW, btw... it seems I remember either reading or being told that Sir Jinx had a LOT to do with the sound of AMW. From what I heard it was Jinx and Vietnam Saddler who really made that record what it was music-wise. That would explain why the next Cube album (which was totally produced by Jinx, right?) was as good as it was... stylistically a little different but really no drop off in quality

91 < Fear/Nations/Yo! By the time 91 dropped the landscape for P.E. had changed.

Terminator X & The Valley Of The Jeep Beets > other shit from 1991

BAN.

I like Valley but better than most of the 91 stuff. U R buggin!

BAN.

Well I didn't say "most", but I'm sayin' coming off the heels of 2 classics like FOABP and AMW, there is bound to be some disappointment in Apocalypse `91 and Jeep Beets as follow ups but they were still solid, just not 5 star best-of-genre classics.

How low you really rate this stuff?

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Man I remember when they wanted to ban "Death Certificate" because the racial overtones about koreans/rodney king/LA riots at the time shocked people!!

BAN.

Well I didn't say "most", but I'm sayin' coming off the heels of 2 classics like FOABP and AMW, there is bound to be some disappointment in Apocalypse `91 and Jeep Beets as follow ups but they were still solid, just not 5 star best-of-genre classics.
    How low you really rate this stuff?

Terminator X & the Valley of the Jeep Beats is nowhere near Nations/AMW/DC/YO!

If some one asked me for Bomb Squad stuff Valley wouldnt get presented.
    Now in my private mind garden Valley has some shit that didnt get love - like
    Cant Take My Style & that song w/ the 2 female mc's & No Further is my shit,Buck Whylin is a given, but overall i couldnt include this w/ the genre defining classics.

^^^

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    AMW and DC are on the same level quality-wise (meaning classic). I got AMW as my favorite, because it hit me so hard when it came out. Classic rhymes. Fuck the system attitude b/w some nice storytelling. Classic beats. Funky as hell.

Check the sleeve again. Sir Jinx is responsible for what looks like 50% of the production work. He definetely deserves some accolades for his work on that album.

@Batmon & Cinister Cee. Hey, I like reading your posts, but can't you guys just quote the relevant passages instead of the previous 7 posts in their entirety? A whole page of quoted text followed by a "" reply is a bit . Not trying to be a nazi about it, just saying.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    A personal note regarding Bomb Squad production:

I used to have this set of crappy headphones back that I was used in the late 80s/early 90s. Around the time when AMW came out, they started acting up. A bad connection or something. When I started fondling the cable or the jackplug the sound would go into some phase inverted state where certain elements in the music dissapeared and other elements suddenly stood out solo.

This was mostly noticable with Bomb Squad produced records. All these strange layers that you didn't notice before now became clear as day, i.e. little guitar licks, backwards sounds, noise samples, subtle scratches etc that were masked sonically. It sounded pretty wild, and it was bugging me out. Started listening to all the Bomb Squad stuff with those faulty headphones. Son Of Bazerk, Fear Of A Black Planet, Valley Of The Jeep Beats. The weirdest details were coming out, and it gave me another perspective on how those guys were layering their beats.