NY bans most trans fats from restaurants

12346»

Comments

• what exactly is the issue here?

O-Dub and co[/b] are just happy this law was passed

Rockadelic and co[/b] see this as an infringement on their right to eat transfats in restaurants. Big Brother is forcing them to have to eat hardened fat in such a way that a paid employee will not serve it to them

it's the end of the world as we know it

At the end of the day, do I really care? No--this is a beneficial law--won't lose sight of the long-term advantages. Nevertheless, I still think it is a major cop-out and will not change the larger underlying problems: 1) The government infringing on people's liberty (admitedly blowing trans fat out of proportion to make a larger point), 2) People not being responsible for their own well-being.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    1) The government infringing on people's liberty (admitedly blowing trans fat out of proportion to make a larger point)

What the hell are you talking about???

I have not seen anything on the 'government' admitting they're exaggerating the effects of transfats nor do I have an inkling what this 'larger point' could possibly be.

• I'm talking about me blowing trans fat out of proportion to make a larger point.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The alternatives to Trans Am Fat are more expensive. Not that i want y'all to continue talkin about it.

• You think it's only poor people that eat at these places. It's the same reason you see middle class and even rich fat people. For many many people, they don't want to take the time or effort into making a proper meal.

I don't think that at all. That was only an aspect. Calling people lazy has no productive use. It's just wrong in most cases. You're assuming everyone has fully functioning kitchens. Notice how many homeless people have wieght problems? Coincedence?