Ali Rap (Chuck D related)

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
Anybody else see this Chuck D video at halftime of MNF last night? Is this new or have they shown this before?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Can't watch the video (blocked at work) but I'll be seeing Chuck tonight at the record store.

Any other SD peoples going? I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose my mind and I think I like it. oohhhoohhhohhhhhh

• Well, since you can't see it, it's the theme song to this new show or series or special that ESPN is doing about Ali and his rapping (presumably), and Chuck did a video for the song, which shows tons of cool Ali knockouts and whatnot. Chuck's gettin' raw on this one. Not bad...

• i love Chuck, but that drum pattern is a preset from some drum library. kinda disappointing.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Well, since you can't see it, it's the theme song to this new show or series or special that ESPN is doing about Ali and his rapping (presumably), and Chuck did a video for the song, which shows tons of cool Ali knockouts and whatnot. Chuck's gettin' raw on this one. Not bad...

There's a companion book and it's pretty wack... Ali was not a rapper and attempts to understand what he was through the prism of rappers are lame.

• Ali was not a rapper and attempts to understand what he was through the prism of rappers are lame.

I can't disagree with that at all. The advertisements didn't really tell anything about the show really, but I was more interested in the fact that they played a video of Chuck D rapping about Ali at halftime of a MNF game.