Movie Headz: any of these worth watching??...

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
my friend gave me a bunch of movies from her sister's (RIP) DVD collection to watch if I wanted. I've never seen any of them and have only heard of a few.anything good here?Kung Pow March of the Penguins I tried watching this w/a girl the other night, but after getting bored we switched to FridayJaded [advertises "More twists than Wild Things!" on the back. /]Alien vs. PredatorMy Date with DrewThe Bathers (Les Baigneuses)The TreatThe King's Whore (!)The HoleThe CellBram Stoker's DraculaStealing BeautyGet ShortyShriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13thDeath and the MaidenLolitaDangerous BeautyCubeThir13en Ghoststhanks in advance for any help

Comments

• DRockDRock 14 Posts

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    my friend gave me a bunch of movies from her sister's (RIP) DVD collection to watch if I wanted. I've never seen any of them and have only heard of a few.
    anything good here?

Kung Pow-Hilarious if you are a kung fu head!
    Alien vs. Predator-Lame
    The Cell-Cool visuals, not so good of a movie. J Lo can get it.
    Bram Stoker's Dracula-sweet
    Lolita-If you like or know the book, you'll like the movie. If you don't know ahead of time, you'll prolly not like it.
    Cube-Good horror/suspense, but frustratingly little plot development.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Both versions of Lolita......

• this is a great movie. the sequel, however, OHMYG-D that was bad. it was like a vehicle for Christina Milian to perform a couple of her singles. seriously, Get Shorty is to that 2nd terd as Caddyshack is to Caddyshack 2. nothing whatever to do with one another.

• March of the Penguins = SOOOOO boring.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Either you will love Kung Pow or you will hate it. I've seen it a million times and still think its hilarious.

"But- isn't Betty a girls name?"

• Cube is an interesting flick. It's Canadian too.

The Cell is worth checking just to see J-Lo burn one by herself in her panties, then raid the fridge.

But for real, I'd check the cell. It's a weird idea, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Cube is an interesting flick. It's Canadian too.

The Cell is worth checking just to see J-Lo burn one by herself in her panties, then raid the fridge.

But for real, I'd check the cell. It's a weird idea, but I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    i thought it was cool that she was watching fantastic planet in that scene. as for the rest of the movies, "lolita" is great, the rest

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Noowww I remember it...

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    March of the Penguins = SOOOOO boring.

twas decent on the big screen. i can imagine dvd experience would be lacking though