I celebrate the entire Warp Records catalog?

2»

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i like warp
    their like 96ish-00ish catalog is kinda unfadeable but theres lots of garbage now
    i wish squarepusher would make rap beats
    iambic 5 poetry is one of my mostest favoritest songs
    i found selected ambient works II on vinyl a few months ago and that made me happy because it has pretty vinyl

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    selected ambient works II on vinyl

• muggimuggi Reykjavík, Iceland 44 Posts
    I prefer the plug LP as his best work though

Yes, "Drum'n'Bass For Papa" is real good. Vibert was doing some killer stuff back then. For the last couple of years I haven't really checked for him beyond the "YosepH" LP on Warp and some of the Amen Andrews twelves. He knows a lot about library records. Doesn't he frequent the Vinyl Vulture board?

he still makes some killer stuff, i love his italo project.. 'realistique' and 'disco nasty', mmmmmh quality! http://www.discogs.com/release/730843

Yeah and his Lover??s Acid from last year was great, out on Planet-Mu though.

• i wish squarepusher would make rap beats

Have you ever heard his remix of East Flatbush Project's "Tried By 12"?

• muggimuggi Reykjavík, Iceland 44 Posts

i wish Autechre would make rap beats

• my favorite...

• No love for Prefuse around here?

I liked it at the time...seems annoying now...

• covecove 1,566 Posts

i wish Autechre would make rap beats

they kinda do, no?
    it's up to the rappers to get down with the digi-glitch!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

Have you ever heard his remix of East Flatbush Project's "Tried By 12"?

yes this remix is terminal
    someone please post this

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

oh I need this record

Good luck

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i got the tried by 12 remix when i get home
    i really didnt think it was anything special although i really didnt like any of the remixes of such a great original
    i really love squarepusher's basic melodic shit but dude has been given too much creative control it seems. his later albums are either on some fucked up bass shit or bad spoken word/rapping shit. when i first heard "my red hot car" and "do you know squarepusher" (back when it was just an untitled 12") i was bugging the fuck out. come on my selector and port rhombus are among my favorites also.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

i found selected ambient works II on vinyl a few months ago and that made me happy because it has pretty vinyl

nice, I love that album. is yours triple brown vinyl?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    triple brown vinyl, looked never played when i got it, and it still had the plastic sleeve with the numbered sticker still on it

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    ...port rhombus are among my favorites also.

could this track be any better???

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    4 pages with no mention of this stellar Lp! WTF!

I still play the shit outta this thing when play out.

And the remix 12"'s off this record are amazing also,
    Finer-Paul Nice Extended Mix
    Burn Me Slo (Feat OC)
    Les Nuits (DJ Spinna Mix)
    ALL FIRE!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

iambic 5 poetry is one of my mostest favoritest songs

Yes, truly beautiful track.

Haven't really revisisted any of my warp stuff in a good few years but this thread makes me want to go and dig it all out.

Port Rhombus was a favourite back in the day as was New Bass Hippo off Plaid's Rest Proff Clockwork.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    I can't listen to Squarepusher without thinking it's a bad case of "The Emperor's New Clothes". I mean, I can hear there is some musical talent there, but it's like he's being deliberately... Obtuse.

Would it sound better if I was a "Recreational smoker"?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Port Rhombus was a favourite back in the day

boards of canada are overrated and boring, for the most part.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Didn't know they released a cover of this track, was referring to the squarepusher original. Would imagine the boards of canada version would be lacking somewhat?

• I bought the first 15 or so 12???s as they came out. It was a great time as if I remember correctly XL was just starting at that time too, then I fucked up on drugs and got back into hip hop.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

have a look at page 1
    But, yes this LP is great. I think smokers delight is superior though. genre defining stuff!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

agreed but mhtrtc and roygbiv will rule forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT0gRc2c2wQ

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

have a look at page 1
    But, yes this LP is great. I think smokers delight is superior though. genre defining stuff!

Ooop looks like you did drop this on page one, didn't notice the NOW acronym.
    Both those lps are awesome. Smokers Delight is great for well smokin' and chilin'.
    Carboot Soul had more of a bounce to it that made it easier to play out IMO.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Didn't know they released a cover of this track, was referring to the squarepusher original. Would imagine the boards of canada version would be lacking somewhat?

oh sorry, those are two seperate ideas. Squarepusher's "Port Rhombus" is good. BOC are boring.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Another good one, not on Warp, but similar, is The Clifford Gilberto Rhythm Combination, that 14 Junk Classics album, or whatever it's called, cool "jazz jungle" ish and even a squarepusher diss.

I Was Young & I Needed The Money! on Ninja Tune. God, I still love that album - more than any single Squarepusher LP. Still bums me out a bit that he never followed it up with anything (excluding that Deliver the Weird EP and a track or two on misc. comps around the same timeframe), and just focused on his web/design firm instead. Sigh.

And yeah, I was in love with Warp because it worked as sort of a gateway for me to get into house and other stuff. Still a grip of classic singles and some select albums here and there. They lost me completely when they went with stuff like Gravenhurst, Jackson + His Computer Band, Jamie Lidell's drama queen soul projects, Grizzly Bear, etc. Just not feeling their new direction at all.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

have a look at page 1

Ooop looks like you did drop this on page one, didn't notice the NOW acronym.
    Both those lps are awesome. Smokers Delight is great for well smokin' and chilin'.
    Carboot Soul had more of a bounce to it that made it easier to play out IMO.

I remember first hearing about Nightmares on Wax when I was an angst industrial dude my freshman year of high school, when I got this Wax Trax records newsletter. Stoner music crosses all boundaries, I guess. I like Smokers Delight, but it sounds a little too dated for me to listen to it much. But I feel the same way about a lot of "Blazing Downtempo."

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

This was my last warp purchase that I was satisfied with.

I wonder, is anyone else still waiting for the new Jega album?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

This was my last warp purchase that I was satisfied with.

I wonder, is anyone else still waiting for the new Jega album?

yeah i liked geometry
    umm i think he did drop some new [ish]stuff on planet mu.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Plus these...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    the soulstrut mind will hate on you for likeing apc
    prepare umbrella for shit storm
    i didn't like that lp
    but i did like some other eralier stuff they did
    'also i hung with beans a few times and dude is straight up cool as hell