Rap Hands: the worst thing ever?

Scratch_n_SniffScratch_n_Sniff 353 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I was watching Lupe on Letterman:

If you want to react, bring it on back.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    That goes beyond "rap hands" into sign language territory. It did sound decent though.

Damn this dude having a string section! I just need to borrow them for a day or 2.

• Who has the real scitt rap hands? My vote is for the ODB drunken monk attack:

What's he saying he forgot at the end? This shit is classic though!

• day...I'm feeling you on that one...maybe it's me...but, I think Jill Scott adds nothing to that song...the hook is more than good without her...okay..begin the hating...

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Lupe??s rap hands are kind of hectic for real in this clip. ODB is on some classic trip though.

• Who has the real scitt rap hands? My vote is for the ODB drunken monk attack:

What's he saying he forgot at the end? This shit is classic though!

Ed Lover sarcasticaly says ODB is the elvis of rap, and then ODB starts mumbling about, "Is that what I just said? What did I say?"

• Man, that Lupe is business just looks silly. I like the dude, but that was embarrassing...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah what is going on at the end of the odb clip.
    miss dude.
    he was crazy.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    day...I'm feeling you on that one...maybe it's me...but, I think Jill Scott adds nothing to that song...the hook is more than good without her...okay..begin the hating...

Jill Scott = hyped up, borderline Erykah Badu wannabe. I copped her solo album and it was trash. That said, on the live version of the Roots song "You Got Me" she absolutley kills it.

• day...I'm feeling you on that one...maybe it's me...but, I think Jill Scott adds nothing to that song...the hook is more than good without her...okay..begin the hating...

Jill Scott = hyped up, borderline Erykah Badu wannabe. I copped her solo album and it was trash. That said, on the live version of the Roots song "You Got Me" she absolutley kills it.

wow...I wasn't expecting agreement...just dissent from my comment....

I agree...I fucking love that song too...but, on this one...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Jill Scott = hyped up, borderline Erykah Badu wannabe. I copped her solo album and it was trash.

Please be serious.

It's true, she basically becomes a backup singer to the I Monster sample.

her second LP is pretty trash, but really you shoudn't be allowed to post here or any other board ......EVER.

Jill Scott and the string section made it actually watchable and interesting,

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    day...I'm feeling you on that one...maybe it's me...but, I think Jill Scott adds nothing to that song...the hook is more than good without her...okay..begin the hating...

her second LP is pretty trash, but really you shoudn't be allowed to post here or any other board ......EVER.

Jill Scott and the string section made it actually watchable and interesting,

i think the whole band is trash. including jill scott and the strings.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

It's true, she basically becomes a backup singer to the I Monster sample.

You mean the Gunther Kallmann sample.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    that ODB clip was great I've never seen that before. The guy had hip hop in his veins.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

lol

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I thought this song would be horrible, but its not bad.

• I thought this song would be horrible, but its not bad.

I liked this single alot on the strength of the sample and the wierdo lyrics, but now I'll have to associate Lupe's spastic bouncy sign kung fu every time I hear it.