I want a lowrider.

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I want a 1970 cadillac convertible. Here's one in san diego for 7000: That one already sits kinda low anyways, so maybe I wouldn't have to drop it. I probably would still want to though. And the color has to go. I was thinking a creamy mint color would look dope, with the cream top. And then on the inside would be plush cream leather with mint trim. and of course a kick ass stereo with ginormous bass.goddam that would be cool. You could fit 50 friends in that thing and go cruising. all I would need is 50 friends.

Comments

• I'd drive down to sit in that with some shades and white loafers. werd..
    49 spots open.

• I want a 1970 cadillac convertible. Here's one in san diego for 7000:

That one already sits kinda low anyways, so maybe I wouldn't have to drop it. I probably would still want to though. And the color has to go. I was thinking a creamy mint color would look dope, with the cream top. And then on the inside would be plush cream leather with mint trim. and of course a kick ass stereo with ginormous bass.

goddam that would be cool. You could fit 50 friends in that thing and go cruising. all I would need is 50 friends, who each have $5.00 for gas...[/b].

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    who each have $5.00 for gas...[/b].

yeah... there is that..... hahahaha... oh well!

Thes. White loafers are a must.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    DUDE. Get that thing. I'll help you install a bag kit. the frame will touch the ground when you park it.
    Or you could go the cheap-o route: Drop the torsion bars out front a couple clicks and put some reverse shackles on the back. That thing will be a monster.

• i had a 78 chrysler cardoba. last of the big block chryslers. i loved that thing. it was a lowrider waiting to happen. the landau roof was peeling, the corinthian leather was kinda beat up, but really all it needed was like 5000 spokes and some new shoes and that shit woulda been dope. of course, it got like 5 miles to a gallon and it constantly broke down. every time i took it in the mechanic dudes were eyeballing it. i loved that car. it felt like driving on a thousand goosedown pillows. cruising at 25mph. i loved driving it on the freeways at nite listening to oldies and classic rock. man i miss that thing...

i had a 78 chrysler cardoba. last of the big block chryslers. i loved that thing. it was a lowrider waiting to happen. the landau roof was peeling, the corinthian leather was kinda beat up, but really all it needed was like 5000 spokes and some new shoes and that shit woulda been dope. of course, it got like 5 miles to a gallon and it constantly broke down. every time i took it in the mechanic dudes were eyeballing it. i loved that car. it felt like driving on a thousand goosedown pillows. cruising at 25mph. i loved driving it on the freeways at nite listening to oldies and classic rock. man i miss that thing...

48 seats left.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I want a 72 Charger. That Caddy is quite nice, though, especially for the price. Always a classic. And old enough to be exempt from smog regulations in CA. This kind of car will hold its value if you ever need to sell it.

• SHOTGUN![/b]

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I want it now...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

47[/b] seats left.

You will have to get a old man style Captian's hat when you pilot that thing.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts

• I want it now...

The brand advertisement donks are great. I saw one almost identical to that in NC in august. Fuckin' hilarious. Having to climb up in a Chevy Caprice or a Cutlass Sierra alone is hilarious. You gotta love donks.

Reagrding the color of your drop, get with that south shit, "inside peanut butter, outside jelly"!!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    They're not ready, GB.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Ever considering rolling a slammed vw? You can't exactly fit 50 people in it though. Unless maybe they are clowns.

I like the mint green color you are thinking about. Here is what mine looks like.

• only with the porsche rims and engine...

Most of my friends ARE clowns

That mint is exactly the color I was thinking of though.

HJ keeps trying to talk me out of getting a caddy though. But its like, I already have a nice nissan altima that will last me for years and gets good gas mileage and all of that. So why not get something cool??

I don't have 7000 dollars to buy dude's car right now anyways. wish I did though.

On another note, for those that knew my cat, Oscar, well.... she's dead. We had to put her down 3 weeks ago because of some kind of liver failure thing. It was sad. She was an evil bitch, but she was our cat.

Anyways, we got a new cat last night. A boy. A fluffy orange one. He's the coolest. We named him Roosevelt Franklin.

I keep looking online for any info about tricking this shit out, but can't find anything! or at least websites about restoration.... jesus....

also, i want to see other pictures of my car except all tricked out. for inspiration.

I NEED THIS.

sweet oval. Did you do adj. beam or spindles out front? Any engine mods or are you goin for resto-custom?

I miss my VW sigh. Oh well, someday, I'll be cruisin a 2 liter notch...

cadillac photos: i'd find you a better page, more specific to your era... but being at work and all makes me not so efficient w/ non work stuff: http://www.flickr.com/groups/classiccadillac/

google image for: custom classic cadillac. you'll get hits.

Yeah I saw that group... thats a lot of decades to sift through!

right now i'm googling 1970 cadillac convertible in google image search. thats turning up some decent ones.

oh hells yes:

I'm telling you: DO THIS. I'll help. Talk to S*e*e if you need anyone to vouch for my auto mechanic mastery.

Oh shit- thats right! You're in san diego! Do I know you? I definitely know St*v*.

wait a second- are you that dude that every time I meet you I forgot that I already met you because I'm always drunk??? that would be awesome!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ive been really wanting to get a cadillac recently for some unknown reason and i dont even drive

• I'm telling you: DO THIS. I'll help. Talk to S*e*e if you need anyone to vouch for my auto mechanic mastery.

I can vouch for his mastery in alcohol intake and snide remarks.

yeah, sorta. You're always drunk when we run into each other, but you always introduce yourself and follow it up w/ "OH WAIT, I KNOW YOU ALREADY." I think it's probably got something to do with the fact that Ste*e attends/dj's functions where everyone has a tendency to get fucked up (your parties/livewire/etc).

I can't help it. I like a fine ride.

Like dad's Gator:

c'mon p*il!!!!!! Don't blow up my whole life game plan like that!!!! (Wait, I'm kinda proving your point for you, aren't I?) Well SHIT. You comin out tonight or WHAT?

• c'mon p*il!!!!!! Don't blow up my whole life game plan like that!!!! (Wait, I'm kinda proving your point for you, aren't I?) Well SHIT. You comin out tonight or WHAT?

I'm going to make the extra effort to try and get out there. Maybe for a quick drank.

sweet. bring some records. you know h**poh would want you to play them jams all night.