Sean Paul's American Music Award.

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Congrats mi yout yuh mek it.Who would've thought that he would have made it to this stage.Winner of the Best Male Pop/Rock artist category.Hmmm controversial.

Comments

• Who would've thought that he would have made it to this stage.

Anyone who has been listening to/watching the corporate controlled big media outlets in the last five years.

Always had some sick riddims, but most. annoying. voice. ever. and never had clever lyrics either.

Stage One remains his best album IMO.

• yes mad.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I like trinity, its a FUN POP ALBUM as everyone says about that boring Lily Allen record.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Always had some sick riddims, but most. annoying. voice. ever. and never had clever lyrics either.

You must not like Dancehall music then

• Always had some sick riddims, but most. annoying. voice. ever. and never had clever lyrics either.

You must not like Super Cat[/b] then

I heard "Temperature" as we were disembarking from our United Airlines flight yesterday. WHOA. I thought back to two years ago when the Applause riddim first dropped on 45 (Jah Snowcone!) and how crazy it is that the Dutty Man has risen so high. Nothin' but respect from me. He is absolutely this generation's Super Cat (who Paul cites as a big influence): the JA artist that helps get hip-hop fans into reggae music.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    He is absolutely this generation's Super Cat

Probably why I can't get down with him.

Wild Apache all the way!~

I'm sorry if i'm coming of like the yout's biggest fan boy but,i really think this is a momentous achievement.
    When was the last time a fringe musical style from a 3rd world nation made such a impact in the pop music consciousness of the US without diluting it's sound?

• Who would've thought that he would have made it to this stage.

Anyone who has been listening to/watching the corporate controlled big media outlets in the last five years.

I personally like this dude. When ever I play his tunes 99.99999 percent of the time people go mad and the ladies get down. Maybe a brooklyn thing though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I'm sorry if i'm coming of like the yout's biggest fan boy but,i really think this is a momentous achievement.
    When was the last time a fringe musical style from a 3rd world nation made such a impact in the pop music consciousness of the US without diluting it's sound?

I like the fact he's gotten props, but Magnetic is he truly the real stuff in Dancehall or is it tweaked a bit for radio?
    Just wondering.

but Magnetic is he truly the real stuff in Dancehall or is it tweaked a bit for radio?
    Just wondering.

He's travelled the same path all DJ's do here.
    Only difference being he wasn't born into poverty.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    but Magnetic is he truly the real stuff in Dancehall or is it tweaked a bit for radio?
    Just wondering.

He's travelled the same path all DJ's do here.
    Only difference being he wasn't born into poverty.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I personally like this dude. When ever I play his tunes 99.99999 percent of the time people go mad and the ladies get down. Maybe a brooklyn thing though.

Nah, worldwide phenomenon. He got clubs on lock everywhere.