Record digging dreams... do you have them?

THRIFTDIGTHRIFTDIG 36 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Life imitates the unconscious, or so they say. Have dreams of digging? I've had vivid dreams of pulling amazing records that in real life, just don't exist in reality. Vivid enough that you see, and remember the covers of the LP's that you pulled upon awakening. Then, as you come to waking up, you think you have them in your possession. Then, you realize it was just a friggin' cream dream!

Comments

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Actually, yep.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Life imitates the unconscious, or so they say.

who says this?

Then, you realize it was just a friggin' cream dream!

*PASUE!*

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts

*PASUE!*

File under "Record-related nocturnal emission not induced by erotic digging fiction."

• THRIFTDIGTHRIFTDIG 36 Posts

who says this?

*PASUE!*
    Why be a smartass?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

*PASUE!*

File under "Record-related nocturnal emission not induced by erotic digging fiction."

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Life imitates the unconscious, or so they say. Have dreams of digging? I've had vivid dreams of pulling amazing records that in real life, just don't exist in reality. Vivid enough that you see, and remember the covers of the LP's that you pulled upon awakening. Then, as you come to waking up, you think you have them in your possession. Then, you realize it was just a friggin' cream dream!

if i ever have a dream about records...after i woke up i'd open the window and jump out that bitch....and if im still alive i'd crawl back in the house grab the first weapon i could find and kill myself...twice....because my life would be a joke.........no offense but i dream about things that can make a difference in my life...like money,power and Mariah Carey tossing my salad.....

Mariah Carey tossing my salad.....

What is it with you and the light-skinned chicks, Ed? Black is beautiful (Free Huey!).

who says this?

*PASUE!*
    Why be a smartass?

Are you kidding?

wait...this is SoulStrut, right?

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

who says this?

*PASUE!*
    Why be a smartass?

Consciousness is pulled from the unconscious. ANd I have those dreams all the time -- the ill shit is to induce yourself to have a lucid dream. In the dream if you can manifest the records you want, then the you will manifest them in real life.

who says this?

*PASUE!*
    Why be a smartass?

Consciousness is pulled from the unconscious. ANd I have those dreams all the time -- the ill shit is to induce yourself to have a lucid dream. In the dream if you can manifest the records you want, then the you will manifest them in real life.

I've been practicing vinyl visualization, and I have to say - for me - it is fallacy. The only visualization techniques that work for me are subconscious, as in, I'll be caused to think of an interesting record by 3 or more degrees of seperation, think of it for only a moment, and forget it until it appears in a store bin within the next 48 hours. If I could master it, I would have all the raers, but I feel I am destined to be held by the laws of fate, beyond the control of man.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

What is it with you and the light-skinned chicks, Ed? Black is beautiful (Free Huey!).

i'm a child of the 70's ...before dark skinned chicks started gettin perms.....

I feel I am destined to be held by the laws of fate, beyond the control of man.

What you are describing is also known as the "Calvinist doctrine of the record-digging game."

• girgir 329 Posts

cosign on the finding records that don't exist in real life...

also, i've had a lot of dreams where the setting will be some place i went because they had records.

who says this?

*PASUE!*
    Why be a smartass?

I've been practicing vinyl visualization, and I have to say - for me - it is fallacy. The only visualization techniques that work for me are subconscious, as in, I'll be caused to think of an interesting record by 3 or more degrees of seperation, think of it for only a moment, and forget it until it appears in a store bin within the next 48 hours. If I could master it, I would have all the raers, but I feel I am destined to be held by the laws of fate, beyond the control of man.

Dont say that dude, you just got to bring the unconscious into your consciousness by practicing your dreaming. Like everything else you got to work at it. the next dream you have where you feel somewhat in control, make interlocking circles with your thumb and forefinger on both hands. then try and pull them apart -- you will be able to because you have become conscious that you are dreaming and that the laws of physics dont hold true there. Then manifest those raers.

I feel I am destined to be held by the laws of fate, beyond the control of man.

What you are describing is also known as the "Calvinist doctrine of the record-digging game."

What can I say? I'm a New Testament kind-of-guy!

Dont say that dude, you just got to bring the unconscious into your consciousness by practicing your dreaming. Like everything else you got to work at it. the next dream you have where you feel somewhat in control, make interlocking circles with your thumb and forefinger on both hands. then try and pull them apart -- you will be able to because you have become conscious that you are dreaming and that the laws of physics dont hold true there. Then manifest those raers.

More likely than not, I have a deep, subconcious fear of this absolute power. I prefer the whims of fate, the uncertainty of The Game. To control my own destiny would probably cause me to become permanently unhinged.

More likely than not, I have a deep, subconcious fear of this absolute power. I prefer the whims of fate, the uncertainty of The Game. To control my own destiny would probably cause me to become permanently unhinged.

• jonthedjjonthedj 30 Posts
    I fantasize about finding 50 copies of a super rare 45 dirt cheap. Then i could ebay them slowly and aquire other expensive gems. A freind (whose on this board) recently told me a story about finding like 20-30 copies of Gunga Din- Snakepoit 45 in Philly. Now its a $50 45 but back then it was worth $200. Imagine if you had $6,000 in trades????

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    if i ever have a dream about records...after i woke up i'd open the window and jump out that bitch....and if im still alive i'd crawl back in the house grab the first weapon i could find and kill myself...twice....because my life would be a joke.........no offense but i dream about things that can make a difference in my life...like money,power and Mariah Carey tossing my salad.....

Word! HA HA! LOL!!!! Ed, U a foll hommie. Glad to have you back on the scene to keep it real with this type of reply! Real headz know the deal.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

No, but I did have a dream the other night that faux_rillz said that he liked my posts because I intelligently countered his posts. Thankfully, this was strictly a text-only dream.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

i once found a stack of deadstock Melody Nelsons (in my dream).

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

i'm a child of the 70's ...before dark skinned chicks started gettin perms.....

word up. and i personally wouldn't mind getting my salad tossed by that mulatto-licious mami.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    No, but I did have a dream about her last night:

She was doing an interview on top of a mountain, some needles went into her shoulder and I was... um, trying to get them out, yeah.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Coincidentally, I just had one last night. I was at a record fair, and to my surprise there was a turntable for listening there. The first record I grabbed had some nice jazzy guitar shit on tracks 1 and 3, track 2 had some solo piano that was . The funny thing to me about music related dreams is that I often hear music that I'm 100% positive I've never heard (consciously, that is).