Fat Joe about to rake it in??

paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
So, I'm at my local mall last night and I stop into FYE.I go on over to the Top 10 CD display and see that The Game's album is #1.Then I notice Fat Joe's CD. It's #6.Then I discover something that I thought was interesting.I turn over to the back of the CD and notice that for the life of me I couldn't find any major label info anywhere.It appears that Joey Cracks is actually putting this album out on his own.If that's the case, might he actuall see MORE $$$ back than someone like Game who may actually sell more units?

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    So, I'm at my local mall last night and I stop into FYE.
    I go on over to the Top 10 CD display and see that The Game's album is #1.
    Then I notice Fat Joe's CD. It's #6.
    Then I discover something that I thought was interesting.
    I turn over to the back of the CD and notice that for the life of me I couldn't find any major label info anywhere.
    It appears that Joey Cracks is actually putting this album out on his own.
    If that's the case, might he actuall see MORE $$$ back than someone like Game who may actually sell more units?

Didn't he put this out through Koch? In which case, "EIGHT DOLLARS PER ALBUM!"

Incidentally, I dunno how many US Strutters know/care that he's currently co-hosting "Pimp My Ride International" along with Lil' Jon. I've no idea if that show is running in the US, or if MTV Europe has simply co-opted the format locally, but Don Cartagena isn't quite as telegenic or Becky-friendly as Xzibit, even if he is quite funny at times.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,890 Posts
    Re: Pimp My Ride International.

I love the fact that Lil' Jon has to ask people "Do you know who I am?" [yeah, you told me who you were when we rehearsed opening the door 30 mins ago].

Joe seems more :connected: with the pimpee.

• So, I'm at my local mall last night and I stop into FYE.
    I go on over to the Top 10 CD display and see that The Game's album is #1.
    Then I notice Fat Joe's CD. It's #6.
    Then I discover something that I thought was interesting.
    I turn over to the back of the CD and notice that for the life of me I couldn't find any major label info anywhere.
    It appears that Joey Cracks is actually putting this album out on his own.
    If that's the case, might he actuall see MORE $$$ back than someone like Game who may actually sell more units?

Paul- Joe actually released the CD through Imperial/EMI, which is a feeder/incubator label, with a relationship to Virgin/Capitol very much like the relationship between Atlantic and Asylum or Fontana and Universal. It's basically a restructuring of the urban music side of the Caroline Distribution system and it's run by th due Neil Levine who started Penalty records. So, while he's not actually releasing the record himself, he IS participating in the net revenue in a meaningful way.

• Paul- Joe actually released the CD through Imperial/EMI, which is a feeder/incubator label, with a relationship to Virgin/Capitol very much like the relationship between Atlantic and Asylum or Fontana and Universal. It's basically a restructuring of the urban music side of the Caroline Distribution system and it's run by th due Neil Levine who started Penalty records. So, while he's not actually releasing the record himself, he IS participating in the net revenue in a meaningful way.

i used to work in the same office building on 25th where the penalty offices were, and wondered if i was going to run into noreaga pretty much every day

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Re: Pimp My Ride International(Lil Jon).

Wasn't it funny/slick how he made the car capable of skeeting on it's female driver.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

"EIGHT DOLLARS PER ALBUM!"

A line in search of a graemlin.

• Paul- Joe actually released the CD through Imperial/EMI, which is a feeder/incubator label, with a relationship to Virgin/Capitol very much like the relationship between Atlantic and Asylum or Fontana and Universal. It's basically a restructuring of the urban music side of the Caroline Distribution system and it's run by th due Neil Levine who started Penalty records. So, while he's not actually releasing the record himself, he IS participating in the net revenue in a meaningful way.

i used to work in the same office building on 25th where the penalty offices were, and wondered if i was going to run into noreaga pretty much every day

I thought you "normally don't get starstuck about celebrities"? J/k N.O.R.E. as a person is hilarious, someone has to re-up that old interview he did in Life Sucks Die.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

someone has to re-up that old interview he did in Life Sucks Die.
    This was posted on a blog entitled stylesbythegram. They're not up anymore though.