Like Father Like Son - Birdman and Lil Wayne

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Weird kissing photo aside, this album is really good. That photo just completely killed it for those 2. It's too bad. The album is full of nice tracks. Anybody heard this yet? Thoughts? Weezy hatteurs, please step aside. I already know how you feel.

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I cant remember if it was this board or in real life but someone was telling me this reminded them of classic cash money, which sounded promising to me

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I cant remember if it was this board or in real life but someone was telling me this reminded them of classic cash money, which sounded promising to me

That was me - mind you, I just flicked through the CD once real quick so far but I felt my 7 dollars was well spent. The production on a couple tracks reminded me of the older stuff which surprised me since Fresh isn't on board.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Weird kissing photo aside, this album is really good. That photo just completely killed it for those 2. It's too bad.

I think it scanned 170K its first week, which makes it one of the better performing rap albums to come out this year--the photo clearly didn't kill anything.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

That was me - mind you, I just flicked through the CD once real quick so far but I felt my 7 dollars was well spent. The production on a couple tracks reminded me of the older stuff which surprised me since Fresh isn't on board.

It was mostly produced by T-Mix, who's a Suave House production vet, so it makes some sense that it would have a slight throwback sound. And there's one forgettable Scott Storch track, which Weezy refers to not as a Scott Storch beat but simply as "a Scott Storch".

This is a Scott Storch, and I am a hot torch
    And gettin' money is my sport
    And understand the rap game is my court
    So I shall walk and come forth like a Rockport
    Or some sort... of matchin' slippers or yacht shoes[/b]
    See I don't cruise control; I control the crews
    Yes--I gets throat on a boat
    And I vow to never fall like soap on a rope...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yes--I gets throat on a boat

well, now i'm buyin the album.

i had to explain "stuntin like my daddy" to someone last night.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Weird fact that I just found out about earlier tonight: This kid that grew up on my street played the drums for the stuntin like my daddy track. I don't know if he played on any of the others though.

• Weird fact that I just found out about earlier tonight: This kid that grew up on my street played the drums for the stuntin like my daddy track. I don't know if he played on any of the others though.

played them like how? they don't sound like anything that wasn't done with an mpc/midi contorller/drum machine/etc.... If you are implying that those are live drums, I'm skeptical of that...

And damn, I didn't know the numbers were like that on week 1 sales. A lot of people were frontin' on that shit based on the photo. Good for them.