Hey Odub, So I relistened to my old Jeru

VitaminVitamin 631 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
And he is not as tight as I remember. Big L on the other hand, much tighter. I rescind my earlier remark that Jeru was the best rapper to flow over a primo track.

Comments

• and no, he doesn't touch Jay in his prime neither. But Soundbombing 2 is still the best mixtape ever sold commercially, and come clean is still essential.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Big L on the other hand, much tighter.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Jeru aint bad

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    first two albums were at times amazing (come clean, statik, ya playin yaself, d original), with some misses (revenge of the prophet).
    after that, we don't even need to discuss

• Big L on the other hand, is one of the best that ever was, is or will be[/b] .

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    We really don't need to revisit the whole "jeru: hot or not" thread.

Bottomline, dude had a moment which has long since passed. And he was never really as good as we thought he was.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    first two albums were at times amazing (come clean, statik, ya playin yaself, d original), with some misses (revenge of the prophet).

Did he ever release a 3rd album??

I'm asking seriously.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I'm asking seriously.

Yeah but without Primo and not on Payday/London.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

I'm asking seriously.

self-produced album that's as bad as the cover looks

• I love how there's a general consensus here on certain artists/records that everybody kind of just accepts as gospel truth. Is this the real "soulstrut effect?"

btw: I like Jeru.

• I love how there's a general consensus here on certain artists/records that everybody kind of just accepts as gospel truth. Is this the real "soulstrut effect?"

btw: I like Jeru.

I like Jeru too. It was just ridic however to compare him to Jay or for that matter others who rapped over primo. But you are definitely correct that there is a taste mafia on the strut. Some people have a problem with the roots, common or mos def. To me that's crazy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Some people have a problem with the roots, common or mos def. To me that's crazy.

Just the ROOTS.

• Yeah but without Primo and not on Payday/London.

I think he produced a lot of his own beats on that album if I remember correctly.

My mistake: Missed the earlier post.