BEAT STREET RECORDS R.I.P.

13»

Comments

• Did Rock and Soul close too?
    Rock and Soul closed it's doors a while ago (forget exactly when).

Records I bought From Rock & Soul the x-mas of '86:

Biz Markie - Goin Off
    Eric B. & Rakim - My Melody
    Dana Dane- Nightmares
    Schooly D- Saturday Night

• Did Rock and Soul close too?
    Rock and Soul closed it's doors a while ago (forget exactly when).

might want to double check that. The website is still up and running, and as early as March this year we were buying stuff from them for my old shop (Satellite records). I know they closed down and remodeled. When exactly did this happen? Had to have been in the last 6 months or so.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    oops!
    Sorry for disseminating false info. The last time I went there (2002?), it was closed and I never went back to see if they reopened.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    oops!
    Sorry for disseminating false info. The last time I went there (2002?), it was closed and I never went back to see if they reopened.
    oh word, yeah i was there earlier this year. I dont think there closed. haha.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    They were dead minute ago.

In the past 4-5 years ive picked up less to no vinyl there. Back in my giggin' days Beat St. was a part of the regular city sweep. They had the white label game on lock. I saw DanceTrax try to provide Mp3 and adapt to the computer world, while Beat St. stay on some ole 90's local black exp shit. They are also a product of their local enviorment. Local cats (non djs) dont care about the wax there. Whatever. A good section of my stash is from that outpost and I knew shit was inevitable. For out of townnerz it was a good spot to rack up classics.
    The Bronx one closed a minute ago and that hurt a little, but shit is what it is.

I havent seen that Asian cutie(June) up in there for a minute.

REST IN PEACE

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    oops!
    oh word, yeah i was there earlier this year. I dont think there closed. haha.

i asked around, my boy was there yesterday. not closed...

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    as a hip-hop fan and an urban planner, i feel sad about this (closing of Beat Street and the redevelopment scheme).

R.I.P. Beat Street!!