new Spidey 3 trailer...

2»

Comments

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Maybe I'm just romanticizing the memory of it, but I was all into Secret Wars (I & II).

Even after re-visiting the Beyonder's magnificent outfit, you should dig out those issues and refresh your memory. To paraphrase Homer Simpson, Secret Wars I & II "was the suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked."
    Several cases in point:
    1.) the series existed, at Mattel's urging, only to launch a toy line to compete with He-Man.
    2.) Spider-Man had to help the Beyonder realize he needed to take a shit.
    3.) She-Hulk briefly took the Thing's place in the Fantastic Four
    I could go on but I am flogging a dead horse...

I rate DC's bandwagoning Crisis on Infinite Earths slightly higher, if only for George Perez' art, and the higher-concept of cleaning up 50 years of DC's confusing multiple story arcs.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Maybe I'm just romanticizing the memory of it, but I was all into Secret Wars (I & II).

Even after re-visiting the Beyonder's magnificent outfit, you should dig out those issues and refresh your memory. To paraphrase Homer Simpson, Secret Wars I & II "was the suckiest bunch of suck that ever sucked."
    Several cases in point:
    1.) the series existed, at Mattel's urging, only to launch a toy line to compete with He-Man.
    2.) Spider-Man had to help the Beyonder realize he needed to take a shit.
    3.) She-Hulk briefly took the Thing's place in the Fantastic Four
    I could go on but I am flogging a dead horse...

I rate DC's bandwagoning Crisis on Infinite Earths slightly higher, if only for George Perez' art, and the higher-concept of cleaning up 50 years of DC's confusing multiple story arcs.

Secret Wars 2 was fuckin garbage. Crisis On Infinite Earths' impact is still felt in DC's continuity now.

She-Hulk replacing the THING = brilliant. John Byrne legitimized She-Hulk. Power Man/Luck Cage took Ben's Place for a minute back in the days. Black Panther & Storm are replacing Reed & Sue Richards for a while after the Civil War ended. Dont Sleep.