new Spidey 3 trailer...

paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• HOT

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    The CG is the only saving factor of this terd.

- spidey

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The CG is the only saving factor of this terd.

- spidey

You STILL mad?

I bet u cant cosign on the Evil Peter Parker persona that the symbiote causes?

Or the maskless Hobgoblin?

Or The Sandman being Uncle Ben's real killer?

You STILL mad?

I bet u cant cosign on the Evil Peter Parker persona that the symbiote causes?

Nah, that's fine I'll allow it.

Or the maskless Hobgoblin?

Or The Sandman being Uncle Ben's real killer?

Yeah this is the bullshit I'm talking about. Me mad? I'm still pissed about the cast.

this is a travesty worst then wolverine.

- spidey

• damn.... henry rollins woulda made a better Eddie Brock/Venom than that skinny fool... WTF!?

They're also going to mess up one of the greatest marvel storylines of all time.

-spidey

• They're also going to mess up one of the greatest marvel storylines of all time.

They already did that with Daredevil/Elektra.
    Re: Gwen Stacy, my friend has a theory that they're going to switch the fates of the two Spidey gals here and have Mary Jane die instead. It would definitely have more of an impact since most of the audience is only familiar w/MJ and she's been in the (film) series from the jump.
    Plus I can't stand her as played by Dunst so I can't say that something like that wouldn't be welcomed.
    The death of Gwen Stacy is what got me hooked on comics as a kid.
    And re: this series overall, I'm enjoying it.
    A lot of my fellow comic nerd friends are split on a lot of these Marvel adaptations.
    I fall into the camp that understands that drastic changes are going to be made in order for the stories to translate to film. That said, I'm able to keep the films and the comics separate - and as a result I tend to enjoy them more than some of my friends do.

Malus, would like to hear your casting ideas for Alpha Flight.
    Particularly for Puck.

Wouldn't that be nice to kill off Kirsten Dunst. She's garbage! Couldn't agree with you more on a lot of points. It just sucks that kids these days get the watered down lite versions of characters. I grew up in a comic store. I'm almost personally offended by some of this bullshit. Haven't seen a comic film that can get the tone and keep the movie interesting since batman begins. Marvel is really jumping ship with these bad adaptations.

I'm scared to see what Hollywood would do to Alpha Flight.

I haven't thought about that comic in years, but off the top.

Clive Owen - Master of the world

Viggo Mortenson - Guardian

Olivier Martinez - North Star

Paz Vega - Aurora

James Duval - Shaman

Laura Prepon - Snowbird

Shannyn Sossamon - Marrina

Peter Dinklage - Puck (I've had this one in mind for years)

Karl Urban/CG - Sasquatch

(who'd i forget?)

Directed by Christopher Nolan
    produced by Kevin Smith and David Cronenberg
    Filmed on location in Canada

- spidey

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

mmmmmmm....Gwen Stacy....

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    i can't see them killing of Gwen Stacy, at least not the same way in the OG comic, since, didn't they already basically play with that storyline in the first movie when the Green Goblin dropped MJ off the bridge?

And I also can't see them killing off MJ. While I agree with Paul that it might give the series some more depth, it'd also be certain to kill fan interest and let's just real about what we're talking about here: DVD sales. I mean, unless they can do it in a way that's "Titanic" poignant (and by "poignant" I mean melodramatic and saccharin), I just don't see them going there.

Personally, I haven't found the Spiderman adaptations to be works of genius but you have to admit that so far, franchise for franchise, Spiderman > X-Men.

That last installment has still left a bad taste in my mouth.

They're also going to mess up one of the greatest marvel storylines of all time.

They already did that with Daredevil/Elektra.
    Re: Gwen Stacy, my friend has a theory that they're going to switch the fates of the two Spidey gals here and have Mary Jane die instead. It would definitely have more of an impact since most of the audience is only familiar w/MJ and she's been in the (film) series from the jump.
    Plus I can't stand her as played by Dunst so I can't say that something like that wouldn't be welcomed.
    The death of Gwen Stacy is what got me hooked on comics as a kid.
    And re: this series overall, I'm enjoying it.
    A lot of my fellow comic nerd friends are split on a lot of these Marvel adaptations.
    I fall into the camp that understands that drastic changes are going to be made in order for the stories to translate to film. That said, I'm able to keep the films and the comics separate - and as a result I tend to enjoy them more than some of my friends do.

Malus, would like to hear your casting ideas for Alpha Flight.
    Particularly for Puck.

this is a travesty worst then wolverine.

That's not Wolverine -some pumped up/post image comics/ manga bullshit......that's why you mad.
    Is that the missing adamantium version.......str8 doodoo.

This be Logan....

As much as I love em ALPHA FLIGHT does NOT deserve a movie.

damn.... henry rollins woulda made a better Eddie Brock/Venom than that skinny fool... WTF!?

Eddie Brock isnt a 45 year old. He basically Flash Thompson at the Bugle.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    This be Logan....

Yeah, but Hugh Jackman cannot even fill these shoes. I heartily agree with Malus on this.

I'm definitely madder at the X-Men movies than Spidey 1 and 2. I think they're OK, and I will be checking for the third installment.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    All I'm saying though people is this...

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20060929_robert_downey_jr_is_iron_man.html

like...really?

I think Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is one of the best looks of the X movies. Besides Captain Picard's English Professor Xavier.

And you know theyre not going to cast a 5'3" actor the play Logan's real height.

That's not Wolverine -some pumped up/post image comics/ manga bullshit......that's why you mad.
    Is that the missing adamantium version.......str8 doodoo.

This be Logan....

Cause of the Hugh Jackman wolverine all google finds are lame pussified pictures of wolverine. The picture I found was just one of the first that was a bit more accurate.

I like this image of him.

- spidey

like...really?

He doesnt have Tony Stark's classic man frame but he does have this.........

Which gets the regular dummy public into the seats.

Did anybody catch Ben Affleck's Superman in HollywoodLand?

Not even with my cast? I think it'd be gangster.

-spidey

I hpoe the story is good. Plus You'll get to peep the OG GRider w// the horse and cowboy hat.

Not even with my cast? I think it'd be gangster.

OH SHIT that's a pretty good PUCK.....he'd have to buff up.

Your Northstar and Aurora arent tight. The should have that quasi Elfen/Norwegian look.
    Your Guardian is too gruffy. Vindicator is like Tony Stark/Reed Richard brunette.
    Snowbird should be crazy pale -ish.

You'd have the Master as the villain. Pretty good even though nobody outside the game know who he is.

• here's the trailer with venom in it its at the end he looks pretty cool

OH SHIT that's a pretty good PUCK.....he'd have to buff up.

Your Northstar and Aurora arent tight. The should have that quasi Elfen/Norwegian look.
    Your Guardian is too gruffy. Vindicator is like Tony Stark/Reed Richard brunette.
    Snowbird should be crazy pale -ish.

You'd have the Master as the villain. Pretty good even though nobody outside the game know who he is.

I think it's a pretty good cast off the top last night. Peter Dinklage is the shit. Watching that find me guilty movie with him and Vin Diesel. Thats all I could think about.

All the girls are just girls who I want to sleep with. I don't even know if Paz Vega speaks any english?

..and i don't care.

- spidey

pagin' Malus.....

• dmacdmac 472 Posts

Jesus, Mike Zeck was such a f**kin' hack. Other than the brief introduction of the black spidey outfit, that series was wack wack wack.
    And Secret Wars II? Forget about it. I remember buying crap comics like Dazzler because the "storyline"--and I use that term very loosely--continued for about 2 panels.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts

like...really?

I think RDJ is one of the strongest choices they have made in the world of adaptations. Dude is brilliant and transformational. Look at Christian Bale making the jump from his machinist physique to his batman begins. It can be done.

At least they have gone for someone who can do justice to the role, over someone who looks vaguely the right shape.

PS - i think jackman did a fine job. It was different, but thats the beauty of comics, different writers/artists doing their own take on a character.

• can i say...

I find the spider man movies very entertaining, but vastly overrated...waaaaaaaaaaaaay too heavy on the CGI. I'll take comic book campy, but shit just looks like a video game.

I'll see this. I'll enjoy it. But, it just doesn't have the impact on me that say, batman (the OG) did and still does.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Other than the brief introduction of the black spidey outfit, that series was wack wack wack.

Booooo

Maybe I'm just romanticizing the memory of it, but I was all into Secret Wars (I & II).

SON DON'T RISK IT

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    shit just looks like a video game.