"Al Ritmo Del Bump Bump" question

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I had a question - this is an obvious cover of "Soulful Strut" that I have on two different Peruvian Latin sources: an Enrique Lynch LP and an Otto De Rojas 45. Does anyone know the origin of this song within the Latin world, especially with the new naming?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    bumpity bump

• is this the one you have Odub? I also have the Enrique lynch album. Information is a little scarse. Interesting to note that this 7" has just been recently re-edited by 7 Samarai and Dubben. Dusty Grooves has some some info, but they seem to think the original is Italian (?), and that the horns sound a little like Soulfull Strut, rather than being soufull strut itself (Sounds just like it to me).

while we are at it..

I have a similar question regarding Enrique Lynch from the Y Su Orquesta album. The track is 'Las Calenas Son Como Las Flores' - but when I picked this up in Peru, I also picked up a 7" version from the Latin Brothers on Fuentes (1976). who was first? Is this track a bit of a latin standard? This was also recently re-edited for one of those Los Latinos white label thingies, not long ago..

while we are at it..

Anyone have any more info on Enrique Lynch? I have 4 of his albums: Y Su Orquesta / Bomba Tropical / Bailemos Bump Bump / Golazo Tropical - but none of them are dated for release (what year), also, info on Lynch is very thin on the net..

Frenzie,

Yes, that's the Rojas 45 I have as well. Very curious as to who came up with the song first.

As for Lynch, I don't know a ton about him except that he has a very deep catalog. From what I can tell, he was very prolific in the Peruvian Latin scene of the 60s and '70s - I own about five or six of his albums and I know of at least half a dozen more. "Bomba Tropical" was also picked up by a Miami label with the same cover but a different title. I don't know if any of his other LPs were similarly picked up by an American labels.

What is notable about Lynch is that many of the covers I've seen of his feature some attractive young woman. My favorite is "Bomba Tropical" but there's another, "Como Canon" which has a woman standing next to an old cannon and another where she's in football gear, kicking a ball. It's like a signature of his from what I can see.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Well, I've been told Lynch was argentinian, and that he recently passed away. Here's the story: about a mounth ago I was diggin at one of the local record stores. As I flipped through the dollar bin (actually, the "un peso" bin), I noticed QUANTITY of Enrique Lynch records. I grabbed them all. The owner then told me that he bought those records from Lynch's nephew. All unplayed. It seems he returned to Buenos Aires a few years ago and eventually, well, died.

here's the man:

and

Jorge,

THanks for the 411...now that you mentioned it, I feel like I had heard Lynch was Argentinian as well but most of his records appeared on Peruvian labels, no?
    I have "Pura Dinomata" (like whoa to that cover) and the "No Parking" LPs. How's that "A Todo Trapo" album?

• Oliver,

any chance of posting up the song in case? this post has got me very interested to hear this!

thx,

RC

• here's the otto version, which I prefer:
    http://download.yousendit.com/D01404F67418645C

• here's the otto version, which I prefer:
    http://download.yousendit.com/D01404F67418645C

Much obliged!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Jorge,

THanks for the 411...now that you mentioned it, I feel like I had heard Lynch was Argentinian as well but most of his records appeared on Peruvian labels, no?
    I have "Pura Dinomata" (like whoa to that cover) and the "No Parking" LPs. How's that "A Todo Trapo" album?

Yep, it seems that Enrique made a big part of his career in Peru. In fact, I've never seen an argentinian pressing of any his records. The same dude told me that he spent a few years in Miami prior to coming back to Argentina.

That girl on "pura dinamita" is fire. I have some brazilian record, I think is "Los Motokas" with the same girl and bike on the cover but in different position