dumbest diatribe ever, by mc serch

13»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I don't see anything at all controversial about that statement... although I'd phrase it a bit differently.

That is because you don't understand what hip-hop is--it's a multihued global cultural movement dedicated to the empowerment of women and the demise of capitalism. And it has four elements. Or so I'm told.

• Tiger Woods can hit golf balls all over the hood if he wants to, but in order for dude to get some real recognition/approval from the caucasian dominated golf world he's gotta do that shit in front caucasians to be considered pro in that world.

caucasians

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I don't see anything at all controversial about that statement... although I'd phrase it a bit differently.

That is because you don't understand what hip-hop is--it's a multihued global cultural movement dedicated to the empowerment of women and the demise of capitalism. And it has four elements. Or so I'm told.

Also: it was invented by Bob Dylan

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    You see, white people have names like Lenny, whereas black people have names like Carl.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Tiger Woods can hit golf balls all over the hood if he wants to, but in order for dude to get some real recognition/approval from the caucasian dominated golf world he's gotta do that shit in front caucasians to be considered pro in that world.

caucasians

Hey,

The above statement, even if made in jest, is true. See, Black folks understand the rules of the game to be considered to have "made it". Good Black parents raise their kids in the understanding that there are certain rules they must follow in order to become successful in the mainstream. One that I learned both through my parents and from experience is that of affirmation. This means that being Black, there is an automatic assumption from Whites of your incompetence. The onus is on the Black person to show his or her competence in no uncertain terms to be considered "acceptable" by his/her White peers, who usually have decision-power of him or her.

Interestingly, my current stint as a tenure-track professor played out in support of the "affirmation" process. Initially, colleagues were less than confident in how I'd fare on my road to tenure (i.e., a job in academia for life). They stressed how I must publish some research articles in top-tier journals (at least two, and a list of other publications in lower-tier journals), and said I'd be fired at mid-term (3 years into the total 6 years until my tenure review to occur this December) if I failed to do so. They were putting serious pressure on me around 2003-2004. Now, it's funny how the tune has changed since I published FOUR articles in top-tier journals in the last year. Now I'm dude, and they're scared I'm gonna leave (which I am). Is this fair for my White colleagues to assume my incompetence and sweat me about it? NO!!!!! But, it's how things go, it's REALITY whether I like it or not (like true hip-hoppers needing a Black stamp of approval). I have to impress my White colleagues to get tenure and it doesn't matter how my minority peers (who are in the numerical minority) feel about me. It would be the same if I tried to become a (1) hockey pro, (2) U.S. senator, (3) astronaut, (4) country singer, and so on. I find it funny how White guys are ass-hurt over Search's comments, when people of color have had to endure this kind of shit for centuries. Things that make you go hmmmmmm....

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    (1) hockey pro

Why you gotta go at hockey like that?

peace

h

• wait, wait, can I do it?....

:5pager:

Although it's probably going to turn into because I've only been able to kill threads so far.

Anyways: Is rap really a black thing? Since it's inception all sorts of other races have been marginally involved, especially nerdy white men. Style Wars, created by two thirty something crackers was one of the most important vehicles for spreading Hip Hop nationally and internationally. Martha Cooper says Henry Chalfant was the first person to use the word Hip Hop to unite the different elements of rapping, DJs, graffiti, b-boying, and not taking the tags off of clothing.

• Tiger Woods can hit golf balls all over the hood if he wants to, but in order for dude to get some real recognition/approval from the caucasian dominated golf world he's gotta do that shit in front caucasians to be considered pro in that world.

caucasians

Hey,

The above statement, even if made in jest, is true. See, Black folks understand the rules of the game to be considered to have "made it". Good Black parents raise their kids in the understanding that there are certain rules they must follow in order to become successful in the mainstream. One that I learned both through my parents and from experience is that of affirmation. This means that being Black, there is an automatic assumption from Whites of your incompetence. The onus is on the Black person to show his or her competence in no uncertain terms to be considered "acceptable" by his/her White peers, who usually have decision-power of him or her.

Interestingly, my current stint as a tenure-track professor played out in support of the "affirmation" process. Initially, colleagues were less than confident in how I'd fare on my road to tenure (i.e., a job in academia for life). They stressed how I must publish some research articles in top-tier journals (at least two, and a list of other publications in lower-tier journals), and said I'd be fired at mid-term (3 years into the total 6 years until my tenure review to occur this December) if I failed to do so. They were putting serious pressure on me around 2003-2004. Now, it's funny how the tune has changed since I published FOUR articles in top-tier journals in the last year. Now I'm dude, and they're scared I'm gonna leave (which I am). Is this fair for my White colleagues to assume my incompetence and sweat me about it? NO!!!!! But, it's how things go, it's REALITY whether I like it or not (like true hip-hoppers needing a Black stamp of approval). I have to impress my White colleagues to get tenure and it doesn't matter how my minority peers (who are in the numerical minority) feel about me. It would be the same if I tried to become a (1) hockey pro, (2) U.S. senator, (3) astronaut, (4) country singer, and so on. I find it funny how White guys are ass-hurt over Search's comments, when people of color have had to endure this kind of shit for centuries. Things that make you go hmmmmmm....

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

and for what it's worth i meant what i said, nothing in jest here.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    is this anything like drinking a white russian outside of russia?

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    who actually cares?
    serch has been a fag since forever.

if anyone needs me, i'll be putting on white face.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    wait, wait, can I do it?....

:5pager:

Although it's probably going to turn into because I've only been able to kill threads so far.

Anyways: Is rap really a black thing? Since it's inception all sorts of other races have been marginally involved, especially nerdy white men. Style Wars, created by two thirty something crackers was one of the most important vehicles for spreading Hip Hop nationally and internationally. Martha Cooper says Henry Chalfant was the first person to use the word Hip Hop to unite the different elements of rapping, DJs, graffiti, b-boying, and not taking the tags off of clothing.

Congratulations on breaking your thread killing streak! I'm sure if anyone cares to take you up this post it will definitley be a :5pager:.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Tiger Woods can hit golf balls all over the hood if he wants to, but in order for dude to get some real recognition/approval from the caucasian dominated golf world he's gotta do that shit in front caucasians to be considered pro in that world.

caucasians

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

and for what it's worth i meant what i said, nothing in jest here.
    ROLL CREDITS....

• Another old, white guy here that agrees with Serch. I'm not sure seeking out black folks will make you a better rapper, but at least you'll know it faster if you suck. Surely we can all agree there are too many wack, fake white rappers with no skills, and I think that's what Serch was on about more than anything. If a rapper had never played to a black crowd, but could do so easily because he's got skills, nobody would have a problem.

Some white people face the race issue head on, and some people like to act like it doesn't exist. They are both ways of trying to manage the issue though.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    everytime i see a Day post, i wonder to myself, "Self, why does Day have a piture of Cashless in his avatartar.