Raekwon & El Michels OR Chrome Children??

DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Has anyone caught either of these tours? They're bothing going on Friday and I'm torn. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Scion promoters fucked UP booking Raekwon the same night as Stones Throw

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    Scion promoters fucked UP booking Raekwon the same night as Stones Throw

100% agreed. its a damn shame because both of these would pull but now they're just splitting the crowd.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    id go with Rae and El Micheals

1) i heard the live XM show and it was really dope

2) you can always see Stones Throw cats

id go with Rae but thats me

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

cosign. seriously, i think99% of the stonesthrow camp is boring as f*ck. mf doom included and especially madlib. besides egon and pb wolf, no one on that roster looks appealing at all.

how many chances does one have to see raekwon w/ a live band? go with the yukon don.

• besides egon and pb wolf, no one on that roster looks appealing at all.

Umm...

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    Unfortunately there aren't a lot of oppurtunities to see either of these acts here (Minneapolis). El Michels Affair & Cuban Links are in heavy rotation HOWEVER J Rocc has been one of my favorite DJs since forever. this sh*t sucks. i may just have to go with my pocketbook on this one (Raekwon show is free).

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Rae it's a no brainer...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    besides egon and pb wolf, no one on that roster looks appealing at all.

Umm...

i'd consider j-rocc a beat junkie, established artist/dj who happens to sign w/ stonesthrow... but yeah id pay duckets to hear him spin again live.

• eetzeetz 53 Posts
    looking at the Stones Throw lineup, J rocc may be one of the guys that's on early, and I'm sure Rae will be closing out his show, so maybe you can hit both, just leave after J rocc? you can buy some of the "mind fusion" cds that they're selling at the stones throw show, dump them on ebay, and end up making money and seeing everyone you want!

• Unfortunately there aren't a lot of oppurtunities to see either of these acts here (Minneapolis). El Michels Affair & Cuban Links are in heavy rotation HOWEVER J Rocc has been one of my favorite DJs since forever. this sh*t sucks. i may just have to go with my pocketbook on this one (Raekwon show is free).

man the chef was just in town with wu-tang wasn't he? I am in the same town and i am in the same situation... i have already bought my stones throw tickets tho... madlib might not be the greatest live(i've never seen him) but the j-rocc, egon, pwolf are worth it to go hear what they are playing.... as to most the stones throw cats being boring, i would have to say that i saw oh-no lastyear at the 7th street entry and i thought his set was pretty hoppin... you might be suprised

• Scion promoters fucked UP booking Raekwon the same night as Stones Throw

damn

I'm sorry to hear this-where yall at?

El Michels/Raekwon will be in the Chi Thursday night and the Stones Throw crew are here on Saturday.

come to Chicago

• Chrome Children Live

Madlib live on drums

If our artists aren't enticing enough (!?!), the limited edition tour merch is well worth the attendance:

Madlib - Mind Fusion Vol. 4: Hip Hop Remixes, Nas Vs. Jay Z, CDP Archives

Madlib - Mind Fusion Vol. 5: Dirty Crates from Around the World & Back Home Again

Peanut Butter Wolf - Yo 45 Raps! Vol. 1: Hip Hop 45s Mix. Vol. 2 from J Rocc on the way.

Peanut Butter Wolf - Bass Your Car Streets and Party Fresh Beats: Mixtape. Title says the rest.

+ many other surprises in-store

• Chrome Children Live

Madlib live on drums

If our artists aren't enticing enough (!?!), the limited edition tour merch is well worth the attendance:

Madlib - Mind Fusion Vol. 5: Dirty Crates from Around the World & Back Home Again

Peanut Butter Wolf - Yo 45 Raps! Vol. 1: Hip Hop 45s Mix. Vol. 2 from J Rocc on the way.

Peanut Butter Wolf - Bass Your Car Streets and Party Fresh Beats: Mixtape. Title says the rest.

BAN[/b]

• Chrome Children Live

Madlib live on drums

BAN shameless promotion.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    You have to fucks with the Chef!
    I need to get that El Michels Affair LP.

• Chrome Children Live

Madlib live on drums

That mindfusion artwork is ill. I'm feeling those shirts as well.

I see Raekwon is opening for Redman at HOB/Anaheim in December, but I doubt El Michels Affair will be with him

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    J Rocc is one of the nicest Djs out there! Look man, everyone is saying Rae. I've seen Rae on the dolo and it was a boring ass show. His clothes weren't even tight. He just got up and rapped his songs and that summed it up. I would try and do both, but I am taking the Stones Throw train. That's me though.

• I still don't understand the hatt for Stones Throw around here...

To each their own. I don't see any reason to slag a label that is obviously putting out music they want to put out, for people that want to hear it. You may not like it, but you have to give them props for just doing their thing. Not to mention the re-issue aspect of Now Again...

I'm always baffled when SS shits on ST.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

cosign. seriously, i think99% of the stonesthrow camp is boring as f*ck. mf doom included and especially madlib. besides egon and pb wolf, no one on that roster looks appealing at all.

how many chances does one have to see raekwon w/ a live band? go with the yukon don.

wtf? if i wanted to see a good show, i'd definitely catch the stonesthrow, i've had a blast at previous shows...one show sucked, but was more about the setup/technical difficulties. seeing doom/jaylib/egon/pbwolf and madlib in one night was one of the greatest concerts i've ever been too, it was diverse act to act (which is has to be if a show is gonna be that long). but how could you watch raekwon solo for an extended amount of time? and i doubt he soley be busting out cuban linx sheit. and even if he did, how much stage presence would he have alone to just go through that. i haven't heard anything i liked from him in years besides that blue eagles track (hard as fuck!) now if he was with ghostface killah or maybe i could be convinced

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts

wtf? if i wanted to see a good show, i'd definitely catch the stonesthrow, i've had a blast at previous shows...one show sucked, but was more about the setup/technical difficulties. seeing doom/jaylib/egon/pbwolf and madlib in one night was one of the greatest concerts i've ever been too, it was diverse act to act (which is has to be if a show is gonna be that long). but how could you watch raekwon solo for an extended amount of time? and i doubt he soley be busting out cuban linx sheit. and even if he did, how much stage presence would he have alone to just go through that. i haven't heard anything i liked from him in years besides that blue eagles track (hard as fuck!) now if he was with ghostface killah or maybe i could be convinced

of all the acts playing that night, i'm most excited to see El Michels Affair, which may make the Raekwon show a little dissapointing if he doesn't give them room to shine.

anybody from the Twin Cities want to hit up the merch table for me????