diggin tv

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    posted before.

i like it when they talk about the little boy blues lp. creme de la creme? respect to dj anchovy, but that moderhater? fucking silly. he had to ask dj anchovy for the little boy blues lp? there are tons of copies on eBay! nerds!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    ...Terdy... what?
    Terdy Rypdal.
    Terdy Rypdal!

a totally unknown fusion guitarist from the lp on flying dutchman: esoteric cirlce.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Thanks for the repost i never caught it the first time.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    dj anchovy seems to be a cool guy. his blog is nice. it's great idea.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Blog address?

Thanks.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    grope, didn't know it was posted before, but yeah, its quite funny...pony, u can find anchovy's blog on youtube, he must be at number 6 right now or so. there was also another episode of this rare groove thing on the tube but it got removed recently. I am off now to dj, will take that mancini record with me, ha!

peace,

S.D.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    This show is hysterical! I suppose it's a good idea in theory, but in practice who wants to watch a boring listening session? Yeah guys, nod those heads! Ooh, let's another close-up shot of the "bad boy"! This stuff belongs on the radio...

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Co-sign both those mugs were made for radio!

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    I like the idea of this show. It's set up somewhat amateuristic but maybe that's the appeal aswell. Thanks for the link.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    This became instantly my new favourite show! They shouldve played 'dance of the sugarplum fairy' instead though from the Soulful Strings LP.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    whats that theme music???

• Funniest moments: when the guy on the left mouths "high" on the second Little Boy Blues Band track. Both of them playing air bass. This definitely belongs on the radio.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Funniest moments: when the guy on the left mouths "high" on the second Little Boy Blues Band track. Both of them playing air bass.

and their hand shake.
    "thank you."
    "no, thank you!!!"

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

yeah, great stuff thanks for posting this!

is there any other rare groove revolution clips out there, i recall watching one showcasing the stark reality record..

i want that soulful strings for xmas

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    This needs to be taped in someone's living room while they're smoking and drinking. I guarantee it would be a million times more entertaining.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

yeah, great stuff thanks for posting this!

is there any other rare groove revolution clips out there, i recall watching one showcasing the stark reality record..

i want that soulful strings for xmas

just click on the name of the video author. or search for dj anchovy on youtube.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    wait... you mean the rare groove revolution? i couldn't find any other clips, but i also remember the stark reality clip. the djs name is SOULERO

wait... you mean the rare groove revolution? i couldn't find any other clips, but i also remember the stark reality clip. the djs name is SOULERO

yeah same type a clip, quite a bit of head nodding going on, zooming back and forth from the persons to the record cover, strickly for record nerdys no doubt!

on both episodes ive seen, it seems like only one channel of the music is hooked up...

on both episodes ive seen, it seems like only one channel of the music is hooked up...

one channel? im not sure what u mean.. are you talking left or right channels?

• This show is hysterical! I suppose it's a good idea in theory, but in practice who wants to watch a boring listening session? Yeah guys, nod those heads! Ooh, let's another close-up shot of the "bad boy"! This stuff belongs on the radio...

even on radio these dudes would bore, i agree with whoever said it would be more fun to watch if dudes were stoned or drunk this is such a terrible waste of public access space, put on some call in show, those are always fun

and by the way any guy that calls himself 'DJ' and wears a donnas t-shirt really needs to stop doing both

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i liked it. shit's kind of boring, but just listening to it at work is nice with the ocaisional peeping the record covers and stuff.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    angry little message board we got here

one channel? im not sure what u mean.. are you talking left or right channels?

yeah, on the stark reality episode you couldnt hear the guitar, on this episode a lot of the instrumentation on jingle bells was missing...

for all we know that ukranian joint had some mega-heavy drums in the other channel...

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    haha thats dope.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    brooklyn public access!!! stand up! i caught this when i was visiting my sister last february in nyc... shit is funny and mad low budget. yeah its mad corny but what do you expect in public access.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    This needs to be taped in someone's living room while they're smoking and drinking. I guarantee it would be a million times more entertaining.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Who is DJ Anchovy?

Should I know?

Dude has recs! Where is he from?

• anyone got a digital copy of that little boy blues joint?