your favorite madonna song

2»

Comments

• this used to be my playground

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    so what's your favorite phil collins song?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I'd have to say "Like A Prayer", but "Get It Together", "Angel" (especially the mix on the 12"), "Into The Groove", and "I'd Rather Be Your Lover" are good too, the latter featuring Me'Shell NdegeOcello.

I also think "Take A Bow" works too. It's too bad that one of her background vocalists, Donny DeLory (daughter of Al DeLory for you thrift store junkies), has not had better success with her solo career, because much of the best elements of Madonna's records are the background vocals.

I like "Human Nature" too, but I think it has to do with the PVC the ladies are wearing than the actual song. But again, the whole BEDTIME STORIES album wasn't bad either.

"I Missed Again"

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

"I Missed Again"

SICK!!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    this used to be my playground

That's good. Yeah man i fuck with Madonna. From back with that Danceteria steez on some Jellybean shit to the more pop steez from the 80s, to the 90s when she was full on back IN THE CLUB and having dudes like William Orbit, Danny Tenaglia, Kenny Dope and the like doing wicked remixes for her. Saying, Madonna has always been alright with me. She's got a lot of shit that I'll fuck with.

The first song that came to mind was "Live To Tell" which is dope and was a departure for her at the time, not a dance tune and not a love ballad. Shit is spooky. Good call on "Ray Of Light" too. And "Vogue" although it might be watered down and exploitative at the time, it's still my shit. I still think 90s Madonna is my favorite era.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I love "Cherish". If it was a 60s song it would be a soul standard, it's so damn catchy. I love the whole "80s pop with a Motown-beat" thing...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Good call on "Ray Of Light" too.

Drowned World (My Substitute For Love)
    Swim
    Ray Of Light
    Candy Perfume Girl
    Skin
    Nothing Really Matters
    Sky Fits Heaven
    Shanti/Ashtangi
    Frozen
    The Power Of Good-Bye
    To Have And Not To Hold
    Little Star
    Mer Girl

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    into the groove

Without a doubt.

One of the most played out, still good pop-songs out there.

• Definitely either Into The Groove or Holiday. Probably the latter.

Cosmo I am feeling you on the 90s Madonna HEAVY IN THE CLUB steez. It's so weird to me that, as a kid, it all sounded like pop music, and when I started going out those songs grew a whole new dimension for me.

• I think "Beautiful Stranger" is one of her best later-era songs. In fact, I really like that one.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Definitely either Into The Groove or Holiday.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    For listening, either Into the Groove or Borderline,
    although the ballads Live to Tell and Crazy for You are
    pretty sweet, too.

For video? BURNING UP, BABY!!!!!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    Cherish is one of my favorite songs ever...
    Take a Bow is awesome
    I like the beginning of Secret, but not the rest of the song
    The chorus of Rain
    Lucky Star
    Human Nature

its cool that there's all these madonna responses, but where were your sensitive sides on my vanessa williams post? and she's in a tv show now called "ugly betty"...im in phuckn heaven, she wears a tight dress every episode.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    this one still

Borderline

did a dance routine to it for gym class!

its cool that there's all these madonna responses, but where were your sensitive sides on my vanessa williams post? and she's in a tv show now called "ugly betty"...im in phuckn heaven, she wears a tight dress every episode.

I've been off the forum for awhile so I didn't see the thread. But I would pick her first four hits:

"The Right Stuff"
    "He's Got The Look"
    "Darling I"
    "Dreamin'"

I also liked her cover of "Work To Do" and even like "The Comfort Zone". I did use the instrumental to "The Right Stuff" in one of my Mixophilia[/b] mixes, where I added the acapella of George Michael's "Monkey" over it.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

I've been off the forum for awhile so I didn't see the thread. But I would pick her first four hits:

"The Right Stuff"
    "He's Got The Look"
    "Darling I"
    "Dreamin'"

I also liked her cover of "Work To Do" and even like "The Comfort Zone". I did use the instrumental to "The Right Stuff" in one of my Mixophilia[/b] mixes, where I added the acapella of George Michael's "Monkey" over it.

you are cool with me. here's the video for comfort zone, she is such a fox.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Dont try to hijack AD.

I'm a Vanessa Fan but her recording career aint got shit on Madonna.
    Dont get it twisted either, I copped the last VW album w/ her Ohio Players "Let's Love" cover.