Roy Budd question

JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I've heard some rumours about the Get Carter OST got a release on vinyl in Japan sometime in the 70s.True?Also I saw "The Black Windmill" yesterday. Did that ever gain a vinyl release?

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Yes sir... Get Carter did get released in Japan on Odeon records. Very raer. Seen it up to about $500 US out there. The 7" is easier to find. Can find that out there fairly easy at soundtrack stores for under $30-40.

peace.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Speaking of asian released raers from Roy Budd.

Anyone up on the FOXBAT OST by Roy Budd from Hong Kong. My man Kenny hooked me up with that when I was in HK last time, apparently there were less than a couple of hundred pressed up. VERY FREAKIN' DOPE SHIT! I wanna see that movie. The pics on the back cover look sizzzling

peace.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Also I saw "The Black Windmill" yesterday. Did that ever gain a vinyl release?

Pretty sure it was on vinyl back in the 70's. I'm sure one of my boys has or had an OG.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    roy budd was a motherfucker
    everything i have from dude kills

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    Really???

I just listened to Get Carter last night and it didn't really move me. In fact it only moved me enough to put it in my ever increasing "sell" pile. Although mine is the gatefold re-issue from 1998, I bet it will still fetch a penny on ebay. Perhaps I'll add it to my auction starting this Sunday evening.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Really???

I just listened to Get Carter last night and it didn't really move me. In fact it only moved me enough to put it in my ever increasing "sell" pile. Although mine is the gatefold re-issue from 1998, I bet it will still fetch a penny on ebay. Perhaps I'll add it to my auction starting this Sunday evening.

ditto I felt the same, I pcked up the reish amid talk of it being a $1000+ LP and figured it would be the only way I'd be able to hear it. After giving it a good listen I got to say I was crazy underwhelmed.

Only tracks was the love is 4 letter word one and the one Shadow Flipped for Rabbit In your Headlights.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    If Roy Budd doesn't move you, you're a statue.

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    If a jazz pianist doesn't move you, you're a statue.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    So we've all established AlGarth and Guzzo are "statuesque."

• If Roy Budd doesn't move you, you're a statue.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Really???

ditto I felt the same, I pcked up the reish amid talk of it being a $1000+ LP and figured it would be the only way I'd be able to hear it. After giving it a good listen I got to say I was crazy underwhelmed.

Only tracks was the love is 4 letter word one and the one Shadow Flipped for Rabbit In your Headlights.

How much, fellas?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i don't own "get carter" it sounds like its ehhhhhhhhhh
    i'd like mr sheep to post the foxbat joint since

i like how he writes his basslines,they are wicked clever and low and menacing

• Cosign on the SHEEP upld FOXBAT on request