You know what? That Justin Timberlake shit sucks!

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Dude tell me more about how 'real schitt' club people (and we all know what this means, don't we?) >>>> gay people.

What I said was that:

cheesy gay & top 40 hard core & the real schitt

And hard core was meant to entail each of hard core gay, hard core drugged, hard core adrenalined, etc.
    oh ok sorry about the confusion

i still think yr wrong though. what is the 'real schitt' that timberlake is a watered down version of? its just R&B

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Dude tell me more about how 'real schitt' club people (and we all know what this means, don't we?) >>>> gay people.

What I said was that:

And hard core was meant to entail each of hard core gay, hard core drugged, hard core adrenalined, etc.

i still think yr wrong though. what is the 'real schitt' that timberlake is a watered down version of? its just R&B

R'n'B?

Maybe there are some r-n-b tracks on the album, but r-nb Sexy Back is not.

As far as I can gather, it's a watered down version of some pathetically generic house track from the past that noone gave two shits about when it originally dropped.

• it's so funny how much hate you guys have over something small like this.

its not really a small thing...people actually think he is an important artist and he is resurrecting and defiling a classic soul label...I think a particular level of hate building up in music lovers for what this guy does is justified.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

What I said was that:

R'n'B?

Maybe there are some r-n-b tracks on the album, but r-nb Sexy Back is not.

As far as I can gather, it's a watered down version of some pathetically generic house track from the past that noone gave two shits about when it originally dropped.
    ok, time to admit you dont know anything about house music.

ok, time to admit you dont know anything about house music.

Whatever you want to think that makes you feel better about liking so much crap music.

We get it...you are the champion of the cheesy, plastic, half-assed, watered-down, fake, corporate-minded, least common denominator, etc.

Good for you and Timbaland.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Oh man...I CAN'T WAIT for the thread on Diddy's new album!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    diddy can't rap for shit but there are some god damn good tracks on there

• I don't mind revisiting the past, just don't do it in a half-assed, uninformed manner.

Some of the Ciara songs from this past year or so did a much better job of rekindling any residual retro energy than does Sexy Back.

You go back in time and play So What in just about any club and it would surely bang.

You go back in time and play Sexy Back and it better be a cheesy gay club or a top-40 club that plays Paula Abdul and Millie Vanilli like there's no tomorrow, because in any club with any semblance of either hard core or even just real schitt tendencies...you'd only get a range of crickets to agitation.

"So what" was never a club banger and while it might blend in to an 80s club set, thats not necessarily a good thing. timberlake's song was/is better and more creative/artistic than all the generic sound-the-same shit that ciara has put out this year. i wouldn't add sexyback to my itunes playlist, but dedicating a thread to how bad it is....

it was a cross-over club hit everywhere this summer. people like(d) it. relax....

it was a cross-over[/b] club hit everywhere this summer.

Crossing over from what to what?

It's a pop song and to no one's surprise it found pop success.

The (mild) surprise is seeing dudes who normally act like they're first and foremost into hard core rap acting like Sexy Back is anything but a sad joke.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    hips don't lie

i thought this was celine dion at first.

part of the reason Sexy Back is so annoying (other than overkill) is that there is absolutely nothing sexy about JT. My Love sounds good to me - I like the falsetto.

• it was a cross-over[/b] club hit everywhere this summer.

Crossing over from what to what?

It's a pop song and to no one's surprise it found pop success.

The (mild) surprise is seeing dudes who normally act like they're first and foremost into hard core rap acting like Sexy Back is anything but a sad joke.

it was a cross-over radio hit (rap stations and pop) and it killed in clubs the same way. this is a song aimed at female fans. i wouldn't expect hard core rap fans to like sexyback. i mean... its called sexyback. that doesnt make it a "sad joke" though. grow up.

haters.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    diddy can't rap for shit but there are some god damn good tracks on there
    "Diddy Rock" is wild.

Harvey tell me more about how i'm supposed to let someone else dictate what i listen to and enjoy.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Just surprised that music this awful is getting championed on a forum that supposedly holds art and music up to higher standards than the status quo.

Whatever gave you that idea? We love that bullshit over here.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    NO HAY IGUAL > JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE'S ENTIRE CATALOGUE

No vomit basin.

Now JT may be overrated, and that song is okay...

But this is just plain ridiculous. She is HORRIBLE. I can't believe she managed a comeback.

• Just surprised that music this awful is getting championed on a forum that supposedly holds art and music up to higher standards than the status quo.

Maybe you're right. Personally, I've always vehemently HATED that shit and have no tolerance for it.

• Just surprised that music this awful is getting championed on a forum that supposedly holds art and music up to higher standards than the status quo.

Maybe you're right. Personally, I've always vehemently HATED that shit and have no tolerance for it.

There's a thin line between vehement hate and forbidden love. Open your heart to Justin. Come to him.

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    I think a particular level of hate building up in music lovers for what this guy does is justified. nice word play

• it's so funny how much hate you guys have over something small like this.

Sounds like someone doesn't DJ at clubs on a regular basis.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    it's so funny how much hate you guys have over something small like this.

besides fatback, who is complaining about requests in this thread? fatback is always angry so whatever. everybody complaining about sexyback being a shitty song (which i agree with) but the rest of the album has some great tracks but of course no one will listen to it because they don't like the LEAD SINGLE from a HIGHLY COMMERCIAL album. go figure.

as far as nelly furtado goes, i liked the singles (at least beatwise) and some of the album tracks are all right. maybe like half the album is decent. "do it" is one of my favorite tracks of the year and i really don't see how anyone can hate on this.

trae still has the best album this year though

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

That rhyme Pharoahe Monch wrote for him is pretty tight.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

as far as nelly furtado goes, i liked the singles (at least beatwise) and some of the album tracks are all right. maybe like half the album is decent. "do it" is one of my favorite tracks of the year and i really don't see how anyone can hate on this.

with all due respect for personal taste: i'm hating. now, 'do it to it' is another story!

i wish she had stayed with i-may-be-a-mother-but-i-really-wanna-be-sexy direction of Promiscuous as opposed to i-wanna-recreate-a-Valley-Girl-talent-show of Maneater and Do It.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

besides fatback, who is complaining about requests in this thread? fatback is always angry so whatever. everybody complaining about sexyback being a shitty song (which i agree with) but the rest of the album has some great tracks but of course no one will listen to it because they don't like the LEAD SINGLE from a HIGHLY COMMERCIAL album. go figure.

trae still has the best album this year though

albums. who gives a fuck about albums?

fly by night hits are pretty much all the same. redeemed slightly by someone like Timbo doing beats. last go around it was neptunes. whatever. at least Nelly Faturdo is tapable. Look at her mouth on the pics above. yes. and the only female on this thread has said JT's NOT sexy. but the gays have made it clear. carry on.

ps--prince is sexy

• I think some of you guys doth protest too much.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Damn. We been waiting all day. That's all we get?

[Verse 1]
    I'm bringing sexy back
    Them other boys don't know how to act
    I think you're special whats behind your back
    So turn around and ill pick up the slack.
    Take em' to the bridge

[Bridge]
    Dirty babe
    You see these shackles
    Baby I'm your slave
    I'll let you whip me if I misbehave
    It's just that no one makes me feel this way

Take em' to the chorus

[Chorus]
    Come here girl
    Go ahead, be gone with it
    Come to the back
    VIP
    Drinks on me
    Let me see what you're working with
    Look at those hips
    You make me smile
    Go ahead child
    And get your sexy on

Get your sexy on

[X6]

Get your sexy on

[Verse 2]
    I'm bringing sexy back
    Them other boys don't know how to act
    Come let me make up for the things you lack
    Cause your burning up I gotta get it fast
    Take em' to the bridge

[Bridge]

[Chorus]

[Verse 3]
    I'm bringing sexy back
    Them other boys watch while I attack
    If that's your girl you better watch your back
    Cause she'll burn it up for me and that's a fact

Take em' to the chorus

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i don't think anyone has said that the song was good in this thread
    clipse remix is fire though

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    This thread is hilarious. Who says rockism (or whatever the Soul Strut equivalent is) is dead?

I don't like the song much either but the idea that it is mortally offensive is pure overkill.

Why is this 3 pages?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Why is this 3 pages?

Fatback accounts for 2 of them.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Thanks guys, that was funny.

And for the record: i think the song is mildly interesting, think the new improved slutty furtado is pathetic, but then again it dosnt really matter what i think as im not the target market.

continue...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Soulstrut comedy gold.

The album is a decent enough pop album and it's impressive to see what as to be the biggest selling male artist in the world right now moving away from the MJ formula of the first album to something more experimental (even if he does totally fuck it up with the ballad heavy ending). Sexyback is wank, everyone agrees. My Love is great, a couple of the other songs are great.

Anyway, I want more discussion on the fact that Diddy's album is actually a highly enjoyable release with a couple of great tracks on it.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Irrespective of whether or not Brian does, this is pretty much the nub of the matter right here. I didn't like "Sexy Back" when I first heard it, and that opinion hasn't changed much since (although it works better within the context of JT's album), but when you're in a club at 2:00am, and it comes on, and girls start screaming and indiscriminately grinding up against one another (or trying to grab your nuts, for that matter), it makes perfect sense. And, for the record, I think JT's album is as good a high-end pop/r&b album as you're likely to hear this year.

Incidentally, anyone wondering where the inspiration for Timbo's current 80's electropop direction has come from should try playing Nelly Furtado's "Maneater" back-to-back with "The Damned Don't Cry" by Visage.