Is it me or is the Game corny as hell?

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I mean, the Documentary had the best production money could buy - but when he gets on it's just cringe worthy..... And his new stuff is worse! One Blood? Strip club????West coast heads? I want to hear from you especially... Are we really feeling this? Or am I just

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I think it could be decent if he would stop dissing everyone and starting "beef."

He needs to stick to the rhymes and "content." Even 50 and the rest of G-Unit have better topics to rap about than Game.

I do like the fany dual "The Game" chain though. Lol.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    the only thing the game is good for is supplying good rappers with dope beats for their mixtapes

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Game knocked out Ras Kass.

And yes I'll take The Game over the other garbage on the radio all day.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    corniest part is dude aint even a blood.

yikes

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Its not just you.

• Game's rhymes >>> those of 90% of rappers on the radio today.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    So very corny.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Hes a bit corny, but yes, we like him out here! Hes gotten alot better, and he picks good beats. His album will be good.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    Game's rhymes >>> those of 90% of rappers on the radio today.

That's not saying a whole lot.

Anyway, just to further clarify. I've been out in LA for about 5 years now (originally from NYC) and there's no question he's the only thing going on in LA hip-hop besides the occasional Snoop single and some Stones Throw/Jurrasic/PUTS stuff.

I want to like him - since I've been out here i've been able to really appreciate the classic L.A. stuff like the Dogg Poung, MC Eiht, WC,DJ Quick and even the original Project Blowed stuff (old school Freestyle Fellowship/Aceyalone/Volume 10/etc.) - but his constant name checking and ass-kissing/beefing is weird, no? I'm almost embarrased for him.

• Game's rhymes >>> those of 90% of rappers on the radio today.

Maybe not. But dude can rap. And on a site with "Timberlake Appreciation" and "Why Missy Elliott is Dope" threads it's just embarassing to hear people calling this guy corny.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    he just tries way too hard

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Game's rhymes >>> those of 90% of rappers on the radio today.

Maybe not. But dude can rap. And on a site with "Timberlake Appreciation" and "Why Missy Elliott is Dope" threads it's just embarassing to hear people calling this guy corny.

JT and Missy are no more corny than Game, reading that long interview with him in the new XXL there were many cringe-worthy moments... matter of fact it seems like every time this dude opens his mouth he embarrasses himself.

He's got some good songs but I don't give him much credit for them... like many popular radio rappers he had a very expensive team working to put that shit together

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    You're right he is hella corny.

Indeed, you're right on this one. Especially all that shit about how hes in a space that only pac could relate to! Come on man.

But you got to give him credit, hes held his own and kept himself interesting throughout this whole shit. And I can tell you that for the new album, its him making most if not all the final decisions on it.

But he does get corny sometimes. but he makes good albums.

i think the dude in this picture is actually president of black wall street east.

Oh yeah, and ya boy is the shit if you aint heard him yet check him out.

• He's got some good songs but I don't give him much credit for them... like many popular radio rappers he had a very expensive team working to put that shit together

see I'm not even crazy about his songs. but I think he raps good. and considering he's only been rapping a couple years, he's mad talented. he definitely sons most of these big-name cats on the mic nowadays.

• Oh yeah, and ya boy is the shit if you aint heard him yet check him out.

you mean:

??

Lemme put it this way. I'd rather listen to his raps than "GO stupid!" or "grippin' the grain".

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

I think that's exactly what bothers me.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Well, that and his general suckiness. Serg hit the nail squarely on the head.

• reskresk 391 Posts

Well, that and his general suckiness. Serg hit the nail squarely on the head.

me and my lady where discussing this just the other day, dude is a cornball. tries way too hard to be tough , even more so after watching that youtube video

yall are just haters. that and you don't live in the Wessttsiiiiiiiiiiidde!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    he gets some great beats
    some he rides alright, others he falls flat
    him rapping isn't usually the intersting part

he does kill shit on 300 bars though

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    he gets some great beats
    some he rides alright, others he falls flat
    him rapping isn't usually the intersting part

he does kill shit on 300 bars though

I thought that 300 bars shit was kinda average, expected more from it, but I think The Documentary is one of the best albums to have come out in the last couple of years, that Eminem produced track was the only song on the album I couldn't stand. Can't wait for the new album, though I have a feeling it won't be nearly as good.

oh that One Blood track is