This place

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hey,

I was really feeling "Wichita Lineman" by Glen Campbell the other day. I admit, that's an old AM gold guilty pleasure. Anyone else???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Wow, that is funny! I heard it the other day and thought about how I like this song.

Nah son that song is fresh.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I was really feeling "Wichita Lineman" by Glen Campbell the other day. I admit, that's an old AM gold guilty pleasure. Anyone else???

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Wow, that is funny! I heard it the other day and thought about how I like this song.

Beautiful!!! Some of the most timeless music played on AM radio, during the 70's, in the morning.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    i am enjoying one right now

hey, it's a 'turkey samkiss'.

• Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Oh SNAP where's my cane the 40 somthangs in the Hizzy! Yeah but Glen can't touch my man Ernie Ford or Barry Manilow

• Actually Johnny Mathis is ILLER!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Barry Manilow
    I know one of his records got an ill loop on it.

• Barry Manilow

And you knaw this! ONE !!! That was sampled by CNN Married to Maryjoewanna, remix!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Barry Manilow

Personally, I've never been one to write an artist off completely. I give even so-called corny artists a listen. Every now and then, they throw you a gem. I think my knucka Phill Most Chill proved that with "Down". You'd be surprised at some of the stuff I make beats from. It pays to keep an open mind.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I still can't figure out if that
    turkey sammich has apple slices in it,
    or if that's muenster cheese.

Tony Joe White does damage on Witchita Lineman, too.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Turkey and bologna sandwich, leave the ring???

• Turkey and bologna sandwich, leave the ring???

Remove the bologna entirely.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Waxidermy used to be all about records.

Didn't take long.

http://www.waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=4544

Yeah, sorry... I don't think we've ever had a "RAMP OG check" like a real record BBS.

been getting some ? prize czechs ? slipping in lately, though...

• Barry Manilow

Personally, I've never been one to write an artist off completely. I give even so-called corny artists a listen. Every now and then, they throw you a gem. I think my knucka Phill Most Chill proved that with "Down". You'd be surprised at some of the stuff I make beats from. I pays to keep an open mind.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

You get a Johnny Rowles hand clap fo real!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    been getting some ? prize czechs ? slipping in lately, though...

They shall be dealt with.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    What Day is trying to say here is that he NEEDS MORE BREAKS.

pps: wav files will do just fine.

ppps: sandwiches are good.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Good job everyone. That wasn't too hard, was it?

• Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Xtra fresh...

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"If it snows that stretch down south could never stand the strain."

This is a great song, and it's been covered by a diverse lot of folks (from The Meters to R.E.M.) often to good effect. The most recent version that I've heard that I really liked a lot was by Johnny Cash on his posthumous Unearthed box set. His fragile aged baritone imbues the song with a plaintiveness that reveals the lamentation at its core.

I don't know how to upload songs to anywhere (aren't we record geeks?), so I can't share it with you folls. But you can hear a 30 second snippet of it here - Disc 3, track 8.

Buy the box set if you're remotely interested in Cash's spare late period. It's great.

I love sad songs.

JRoot

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The problem is that there's too many of old timers around here (self included). We've already had all the record convos. Now all that's left is...

...life.

I'm not mad at that, personally but I can see why other people are eye-rolly.

That's cuz they have to assign a day to actually talk about records.

For the most part it's.

Favoritve actors/comedians (everybody's a critic)

Hand game (AYO!)

I'm getting married (who cares unless we're invited and it's a free bar)

I just got married (see above)

I'm DJing a wedding (oh I'm sure there are plenty of those stories none of us know about)

Some one I know stubbed their toe what's the best disinfectant. (did they stub their toe on a record???)

TV show thread (go to the damb TV shows web site and post)

Sabaddabbbaaddddaaaaabdbdbdbbbabdbdbdabbdbbdbdabdbdbdbabbbad..................

I'm racist/No I'm not! (That conversation has really progressed in the last 500 years!)

Cash's version is also on his When the Man Comes Around LP,
    his last for American Recordings before his death - so it can be
    had without buying the whole box set.

• i'm not trying to blow up le spot de breakself, but i keep this post of his on waxidermy bookmarked for whenever things start seeming too serious on these sites.

http://www.waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=710&start=40

for those who don't bother reading it, here is my favorite part, and something odub alluded to above:

4. NRR talk on SS is at an all time high. No fucking kidding? What the hell do you expect people to talk about after every single micro-genre under the sun has been exhausted? SS has got to be the only board on the planet that has run both Southern indie rap and Folkways into the fuggin ground. So what do you want? We've all seen the "Anyone got any recommendations for good 'field recordings from Java' records?" threads, and they aren't any better.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"If it snows that stretch down south could never stand the strain."

This is a great song, and it's been covered by a diverse lot of folks (from The Meters to R.E.M.) often to good effect. The most recent version that I've heard that I really liked a lot was by Johnny Cash on his posthumous Unearthed box set. His fragile aged baritone imbues the song with a plaintiveness that reveals the lamentation at its core.

I don't know how to upload songs to anywhere (aren't we record geeks?), so I can't share it with you folls. But you can hear a 30 second snippet of it here - Disc 3, track 8.

Buy the box set if you're remotely interested in Cash's spare late period. It's great.

I love sad songs.

JRoot

Someone sent me this version just yesterday.

"still on the liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine" =

• I'm not feeling it so much these days.

I'm feelin you.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    This thread has popped every couple of months for the past four years. Most of us are still here...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Danno I'm going to be so dissapointed when I meet you and you don't look like this guy.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    this is like one of those nonsense fights between couples. Instead of sex for making up, we have RECORD DAY. Then we are like the USA FOR AFRICA of the record game. But then we have the born again non-collectros. I will fight these dudes with all my heart. I already forgot sabadaba.

• This thread has popped every couple of months for the past four years. Most of us are still here...

im not.