The full Foley transcript

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• Jesus fucking Christ. I couldn't even finish that.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

its good to know thee are the types of people we trust our nations decisions to.

God bless America

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Jesus fucking Christ. I couldn't even finish that.

In 2002, he even stood up on the floor of the House, his eyes welling with tears, and commended the young men and women for their year of service.

Shouldn't this type of behavior have engendered at least a little suspicion? Crying because the pages were leaving?

• Jesus fucking Christ. I couldn't even finish that.

I had to close after "don't ruin my mental picture"

WHERE'S SABADABBA?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    why would you want to read this?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Hey, we all read the Lewinsky transcripts too. Admit it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Why wouldn't you?

I think having no curiousity about it would place you in the distinct minority.

• Someone posted this on another board:

"It's vile," said Rep. Mark Foley, R-West Palm Beach. "It's more sad than anything else, to see someone with such potential throw it all down the drain because of a sexual addiction." On Bill Clinton - 1998

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Why wouldn't you?

I think having no curiousity about it would place you in the distinct minority.

The same minority that doesn't watch Dateline's "To Catch a Predator" in rapt fascination?

Saying...NBC News must be besides themselves right now. They might have to start doing a series about gay pedophiles just to capitalize.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Hey, we all read the Lewinsky transcripts too. Admit it.

I was working at the Barnes & Noble on Shattuck when the Starr Report came out. To say we got bum-rushed by people looking for it would be an understatement. It was like the publisher had promised a $100 bill in each copy or something. And this was in the leftist bastion of Berkeley.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Man, that was disgusting. Once dude started talking about hand jobs I was done.

On a related note, Cliff Schecter brings the after Mitchell tries to shift the focus to "the Democrats have bad guys too!".

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that was a straight sonnage

loving it. Holy shit..you guys are going to vote soon....

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Foley needed to step down....if he's followed through with his "fantasies" and broken laws along the way he should go to jail.....and if other paid politicians knew he was breaking laws and either protected him or just stayed quiet, they should lose their job at the very least.

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    Jesus fucking Christ. I couldn't even finish that.

me neither

• I've mentioned it on here before, but anyone with even a passing interest in a story like this should check out Conspiracy of Silence. This shit is sickeningly pervasive.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts

I WONDER IF THERE IS A CORRELATION BETWEEN CONSERVATISM AND REPRESSED SELF-HATRED

• don't worry; this dude's on case.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I've mentioned it on here before, but anyone with even a passing interest in a story like this should check out Conspiracy of Silence. This shit is sickeningly pervasive.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I've mentioned it on here before, but anyone with even a passing interest in a story like this should check out Conspiracy of Silence. This shit is sickeningly pervasive.

Ugh, that's some depressing shit. It was made even creepier by the fact that music from the show Twin Peaks was running in the background through much of it.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts

• rampant homophobia

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    rampant homophobia
    What the fuck are you talking about, genius?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    rampant homophobia
    this is about pedophilia,not homosexuality. :5pager:

• this is about pedophilia,not homosexuality. :5pager:

Its quite clear that the root of the disgust expressed here is the gender of the two individuals and not their respective ages. Paedophilia is a handy cover for your vile bigotry.

Its quite clear that the root of the disgust expressed here is the gender of the two individuals and not their respective ages. Paedophilia is a handy cover for your vile bigotry.

I'm almost afraid to ask this, but could you be more of a fucking moron?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    this is about pedophilia,not homosexuality. :5pager:

Says the president of Man-Boy Love. CLEARLY, this is about gender not about using your position of power to talk sexually to someone barely old enough to drive. CLEARLY.

The line now is that Foley did all this stuff while drunk. Chalk another sin up to the evil booze. He'll be OK once he gets out of rehab.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

"if I was one of these sickos I'd be nervous with America's Most Wanted on my trail."

I bet! I bet he's more nervous about the Justice Dept and the FBI coming down on his ass too!

So does this scandal mean that Woodward's book expose ends up on the scrap heap of ignored scandal higher up the chain? I guess it's easier to get people to read about handjobs and pedophiles than the huge travesty that is the Iraq War. Plus they probably want to be told something they DON'T already know!

Says the president of Man-Boy Love. CLEARLY, this is about gender not about using your position of power to talk sexually to someone barely old enough to drive. CLEARLY.

The line now is that Foley did all this stuff while drunk. Chalk another sin up to the evil booze. He'll be OK once he gets out of rehab.

Yeah. I heard that now that he's finished rehab, Mel Gibson doesn't hate jews anymore....

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    rampant homophobia

The fact that you came to this conclusion without any prior mention to gender in this thread says much more about you than it does anyone else.