The full Foley transcript

12346»

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    CNN interviewing Rep. LaHood (R-IL)

MILES O'BRIEN, CNN ANCHOR: After all these years, why would you suggest dropping the page program now?

REp. RAY LAHOOD (R): Well, look it, Miles, this program was flawed when the Democrats ran it. We know that Gerry Studds, a Congressman from Massachusetts, was involved with a young boy in a homosexual activity. And there was Congressman from Illinois that was involved with a young page a couple decades ago. And we see what's happened now with former Congressman Foley and his activities with pages.

To send 15 and 16-year-old boys and girls to Washington, D.C., it's an antiquated system. And my idea is let's suspend it, send the pages home, and have some scholarly people in Washington really evaluate the program and bring it into the 21st century. It just -- it's a program that simply is flawed. It has its flaws. We should fix it. And then if it's a valuable program, perhaps bring it back.

M. O'BRIEN: Well, that's kind of a sorry state of affairs. In essence, what you're saying is that members of Congress can't be trusted to be around young people.

LAHOOD: Well, that's pretty obvious.[/b] It's pretty obvious with respect to Mark Foley and it was pretty obvious a couple decades ago when other members of Congress were involved with young boys and girls. And these young men and women come to Washington, they look to us as their heroes and people they can look up to, and then we betray their trust or some members betray their trust by taking advantage of them. And we should not subject young men and women to this kind of activity and this kind of vulnerability. And what I'm saying is let's have some scholarly people in Washington really look at the program.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    CNN interviewing Rep. LaHood (R-IL)

MILES O'BRIEN, CNN ANCHOR: After all these years, why would you suggest dropping the page program now?

REp. RAY LAHOOD (R): Well, look it, Miles, this program was flawed when the Democrats ran it. We know that Gerry Studds, a Congressman from Massachusetts, was involved with a young boy in a homosexual activity. And there was Congressman from Illinois that was involved with a young page a couple decades ago. And we see what's happened now with former Congressman Foley and his activities with pages.

To send 15 and 16-year-old boys and girls to Washington, D.C., it's an antiquated system. And my idea is let's suspend it, send the pages home, and have some scholarly people in Washington really evaluate the program and bring it into the 21st century. It just -- it's a program that simply is flawed. It has its flaws. We should fix it. And then if it's a valuable program, perhaps bring it back.

M. O'BRIEN: Well, that's kind of a sorry state of affairs. In essence, what you're saying is that members of Congress can't be trusted to be around young people.

LAHOOD: Well, that's pretty obvious.[/b] It's pretty obvious with respect to Mark Foley and it was pretty obvious a couple decades ago when other members of Congress were involved with young boys and girls. And these young men and women come to Washington, they look to us as their heroes and people they can look up to, and then we betray their trust or some members betray their trust by taking advantage of them. And we should not subject young men and women to this kind of activity and this kind of vulnerability. And what I'm saying is let's have some scholarly people in Washington really look at the program.

Ah, yes, the party of personal responsibility!

Should come as no surprise. How could anyone hope to get any work done with all that firm young nubile flesh flaunting it's nascent sexuality all over Capitol Hill? My god, in the name of protecting youth we should close down every public school where they have contact with adult teachers who could be tempted!

What a pathetic dipshit! "the program is flawed", not Mark Foley or God forbid any Republican leader, but "the program".

"Scolarly people" is likely code for James Dobson and whatever church crew the GOP has on retainer for such any such crisis.

• "Scholarly people" is likely code for James Dobson and whatever church crew the GOP has on retainer for such any such crisis.

I like to think that he had O-Dub in mind when he said that.

Mr. Wang Goes to Washington: Fall 2007

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dolo:

so what's your opinion of Foley sending IM's to underage boys?

Based upon the information presently available I dont much care. The most he has demonstrated to have done to this point is have consentual cybersex with a boy nearing 18 years of age. Of course if he is later found to have sodomised a bunch of 12 year olds my opinion is liable to change somewhat.

so if your underage son was getting sexual advances from a congressman he's worked closely with would you much care then?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    dolo:

Based upon the information presently available I dont much care. The most he has demonstrated to have done to this point is have consentual cybersex with a boy nearing 18 years of age. Of course if he is later found to have sodomised a bunch of 12 year olds my opinion is liable to change somewhat.

so if your underage son was getting sexual advances from a congressman he's worked closely with would you much care then?

You didn't specify if the Congressman is a Republican or a Democrat, Guzzo. That makes all the difference in the world for Dolo types.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dolo:

You didn't specify if the Congressman is a Republican or a Democrat, Guzzo. That makes all the difference in the world for Dolo types.

well lets make it really tough for Dolo,

independant candidate with whig leanings formerly assoicated with both the libertarian and green parties instant messages Dolo's 16 year old boy about stroking himself

Does Dolo make a sound?

• so if your underage son was getting sexual advances from a congressman he's worked closely with would you much care then?

What exactly am I supposed to be concerned about? that my son in his late teens might possibly be gay? im sorry but that doesnt bother me. Check your tolerance game.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

What a fuckin' pervert!!!! That is so cotdamn disgusting!!!!

Peace,

Horrified Stacks from Kakalak

P.S. I used to work in a mental health ward with paraphiliac teens that had been victimized by sick fucks like Foley.

• What exactly am I supposed to be concerned about? that my son in his late teens might possibly be gay? im sorry but that doesnt bother me. Check your tolerance game.

Good question, dolo.

Do you believe ABC when they say a "glitch" accidently revealed the identity of the recipient of Foley's text messages?

• Where I work Ive seen a few 15 year old girls who are built like brick shithouses. Does that make me a pedaphile?

No.

It means I have a pulse.

Would I chat with them online?

No. Thats perverted.

So some politician (republican or democrat, it doesn't fucking matter) chats with some young man online in a homosexual manner, big deal.. he's gay (which is no problem) but the interaction is a problem. Step down from your position and get shit fixed with you and your family.

• you're right - it's really not a big deal.

I mean, I see these high school girls walking around and I don't know what they put in the chicken these days but DAMN! It's hard not to look. Of course, I know what's what and I'd never chat them up or make a move...

I mean, gay people can't help but be attracted to other men - and it's the same thing, I mean when you see a hot young boy walk down the hall..... mmmm, mmm. As far as I'm concerned, it's just part of being gay and if you see anything wrong with being gay then you're the one with problems, not Foley. He's trying to come out and you guys want him to go right back into the closet.

Gay men have relationships with boys young enough to be their son ALL. THE. TIME. What world are you guys living in? Maybe you don't know that many gay people. 'Cause where I'm at (AKA FAGTOWN USA) it's like Soft Cell says in the song...

Isn't it nice
    Sugar and spice
    Luring disco dollies
    To a life of vice
    I could make a film
    And make you my star
    You'd be a natural
    The way you are
    I would like you on
    A long black leash
    I would parade you
    Down the high street
    You've got the attraction
    You've got the pulling power
    Walk my little doggy
    Walk my little sex dwarf
    We could make a scene
    We'd be a team
    Making the headlines
    Sounds like a dream
    When we hit the floor
    You just watch them move aside
    We will take them
    For a ride of rides
    They all love your
    Miniature ways
    You know what they say
    About small boys

As far as I'm concerned, you guys are living in the past. Open your minds. I mean, if this kid was 12? 6? Totally disgusting. But he's a nubile 17.5 year old - just oozing sex. You're telling me you wouldn't? 'Cause I would, and I'm not even gay.