POLITICS THREADS

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
I was real bored and tried to follow one of these a minute ago. I know, my bad. Anyhow, just curious - do you guys actually say anything in these threads? Cause to me it looked like a vast sea of paragraphs that, while made up of words I understood, did not add up to anything of substance. feel me?I did come away with a word I'm quite enjoying though
Wrioting

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Most people seem to stick to their guns, so to speak, rather than engage in substantive debates. It's a projection of acquired values overpowering the desire to share viewpoints and knowledge.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, makes sense. I'm kinda foolin', but seriously - it is not that I think politics to be uninteresting. However, reading 10 extremely long-winded replies back to back to back that seem completely unrelated to one another kinda makes my eyes roll back into my skull...

There also seemed to be more shock felt than I believe is possible of supposedly well informed people.

• You sit - like two superbeings - watching us bang our heads together and do nothing. Are we in a Star Trek episode???

You sit - like two superbeings - watching us bang our heads together and do nothing. Are we in a Star Trek episode???

I'm detoxing from psychotropic medication and trying to stay inside and avoid spending any money. SO, I might be kinda losing it...

BTW:

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i think we need a separate Political thread folder.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Wrioting

this and

Fishfight

are 2 words I proudly hope become part of the soulstrut vocabulary

- Young Phonics jr.

Wrioting

this and

Fishfight

are 2 words I proudly hope become part of the soulstrut vocabulary

it seems very possible that they will take the WHOLE internet by storm within 2 weeks time.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    You sit - like two superbeings - watching us bang our heads together and do nothing. Are we in a Star Trek episode???

No superbeing here, just an observation.

Wait for it...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    People are afraid to be completely honest.

• I was watching "secrets of the matrix" the other night by david icke and that stuff is crazy.

If your bored and want to burn time, I would recommend giving it a try.

• i think we need a separate Political thread folder.

its called "recycle bin"

[color:green] Lizard [/color] People are afraid to be completely honest.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    [color:green] Lizard [/color] People are afraid to be completely honest.
    Here's the answer to all of your questions:

http://www.carlisle.army.mil/USAWC/parameters/97summer/peters.htm

• For me it's more about the characters reacting with each other than the actual ideas being debated.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    For me it's more about the characters reacting with each other than the actual ideas being debated.

My fave is when someone declares that they themselves have someone.

This is the ultimate imo.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    apparently you havent sonned anyone in a while.