mad flava vs. mad kap

macacamacaca 278 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
who would win in an ultimate battle? (circa 93-94)two black guys & a kind-of white guy,or one black guy & three white guys.its just too close to call for me.vs.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Here it...comes!

• Mad Kap all day... Joe Liemburg (who by the way is a sick ass jazz trumpeteer) is the homie from way back in the hamilton high days.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Can we have a 3way battle with Mad Jazzy Flavors???

Or maybe Mad Lion?

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    you're killin em' son! i bet you, maybe 10 dudes on this board have heard both albums start to finish.

IMO it's all about madkap, but only if they rhymed over skull snaps!

• its all about madkap. Proof is in the pudding is the truth. And a dj on the horns? fugggettttaboutit

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    baby g is that motherfucking dude.

i give it to madflava solely on endearment to my dude.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DJ Baby G ain't white.

• All I ever had by Mad Flava was the single, "To tha Break" b/w Gotz Ta Flow To This" which is pretty good but I've put in months of listing to the Proof is in the Pudding, blunted. MadKapp gets my vote.

• its all about madkap. Proof is in the pudding is the truth. And a dj on the horns? fugggettttaboutit

• mad skillz

• a dj on the horns gives Madkap the edge.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Can Downtown Science get in on the battle? Sam Sever son!

• Can Downtown Science get in on the battle? Sam Sever son!

AAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHH!!!! THAT....IS....MY....SHIT....SON!!!!

Yo, that has got to be one of the most slept on albums that came out that year. I remember it being on everyone's top 10 list, but got overshadowed by Low End Theory and Apocalypse '91.

And for me it's a tough call btw Mad Kap and Mad Flava. The Mad Flava album got shelved for so long that by the time it did get dropped, everyone saw it as a cheap Cypress Hill knockoff. And how big was Mad Kap outside of the west coast?

• And how big was Mad Kap outside of the west coast?

I was probably the only person in Manhattan in 93 with this Tape ??? I bought it cuz it was on Loud!

And big ups to Downtown Science- ROOM TO BREATH!!!!!

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Mp3's or a link? Somehow, I slept.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

AAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHH!!!! THAT....IS....MY....SHIT....SON!!!!

The "Room to Breathe" cover is on my wall, and I still play that album on the regular.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    And how big was Mad Kap outside of the west coast?

I was probably the only person in Manhattan in 93 with this Tape ??? I bought it cuz it was on Loud!

And big ups to Downtown Science- ROOM TO BREATH!!!!!

"Sam Sever and Bosco Money make a naughty pair!"

• ahhhhh i just remembered coke of mad kap was in a group called colored section.
    i liked bomb mc when it came out, but who knows now.......lets go!

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    Baby G is the reason I started DJ'ing.

• Baby G is the reason I started DJ'ing.
    Baby G is good people.

• And how big was Mad Kap outside of the west coast?

All the hip hop guys in my town where mad into that album when it dropped, I guess this was the same all over the UK.
    I still play the album often.

• mad kap production was nice for its time. plus joe liemburg still does shit and actually comes with some synth heat in my opinion. dude has beats.

• Easy-- Madkap. So the Dr. Soose guy is Josef Leimberg of Snoop Dogg/ Freestyle Fellowship fame, huh? I never made the connection. The Colored Section EP wasn't bad either, nice beats.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Mad Kap fo' Schnitzel.

Only 10 people who heard it start to finish on this board? Never that son. Mad Kap is a must-have! Great music!

• I played that Mad Kap album to death when it came out. Seems like everyone else did too.