Eating for Your Ears

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
We all know that carrots are good for your vision. Or at least thats what mamma told us. Im trying to keep my ears healthy these days so Im not deaf by the time Im 47, if I live that long. I know people with tinnitus are given a special diet for ear health, at least I think. Anyone have any info about foods or compounds that may improve your hearing or at least keep your ears healthy? Are dumplings good for your ears?

Comments

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'm taking physiology right now, but we haven't covered ears yet. I will collaborate with my professor and the nutrition professor to see what I can come up with. What I do know, however, is that the the transmission of sound is largely mechanical and that protecting what's there is the best bet. However, I do know people who have protected their ears their whole lives and still ended up with degenerative hearing loss. Diet might be a factor. I will check into it.

~gNAT

• More people develop tinnitus from alcoholism than from exposure to noise. Also, if you wanna do a double whammy on your ears, drink gin-and-tonics. Quinine causes tinnitus. There was a tinnitus epidemic in the 19th century when quinine -often too much- was first being used to treat malaria.