. . : : : It's The Last Day of Summer : : : . .

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    so excited... sweaters and corduroys.

im gonna miss my MI cider and donuts though.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    it's bittersweet. prefer the spring and fall myself.
    winter is hell.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    It actually got sorta cold here in SD last night. I still don't own a heavy jacket though.

And I'm sure my house will still be hot when I get home today.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    its been quite cold in the midwest lately, 40s in the morning, 60s-70s as the day moves on. im ready for fall.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    It's been cold in LA at night these past few days. And it's hella gloomy outside right now. This sucks, I can't run around naked anymore.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

CENTER> The Last Day of Summer /CENTER>

thank you for the beautiful images and the wonderful song. I haven't heard this song before, and it was nice to listen to it just now, on the last day of summer. I'm going to listen to it again and post while it's playing. Where could I get this record in a non-MP3 format? Is it a single only issue? is there an LP? Has it been reissued? If reissued, was it a pirate job or an official one where they try to get the artists the royalties they are due? (I don't truck with those pirated ones if I can help it.)

Like some of the others that have posted here, I don't feel filled with sadness at the passing of summer 2006 (though Spanky Wilson got me as sad as I could get with her melancholic grooves).

See i was born in the Fall. I don't know if that's why I like it so much, but it is my favorite of the four seasons by a country mile. i remember so vividly walking to school on those Indian summer days in late October, the days where the morning is just too brisk for short sleeves or shorts, but you KNOW that by recess, the sun is going to be shining too strong for that sweater your mom wants you to wear. i always tried to sneak out of the house on those mornings in shorts and just a little windbreaker or something (I used to have one of those early Nike windbreakers that zipped into its front pocket - it was gray with some blue detailing. I loved that windbreaker, but Ithink I left it on the sideline at a soccer game or a flag football game or something. We went back for it, but like the summer, it was gone.)

Thanks again for sharing the music, Drewn.

Peace,
    JRoot

• so excited...im gonna miss the women walking around wearing tank tops[/b] though.