Allright..Who else is a Vincent Gallo fan?

fountain16fountain16 93 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
His album on Warp, "When" has been been my favorite album of the past 5 years or so since it came out. Great director and actor. Eliteist republican as well. B66 is a classic.

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    FUCK THAT GUY!
    A LEGEND IN HIS OWN MIND!
    He's dope in Grafitti Rock though!

• FUCK THAT GUY!

Vince the Prince!! as he was known it that era. He was on there with Debbie Mazar.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    FUCK THAT GUY!

I truly don't dislike him that much, I have a good buddy
    who thinks he walks on water, so it became a passtime of mine
    to hate on him.
    Buffalo 66 is a good movie, I don't think I need to see it again though.
    He got Chloe Sevigny to give him a bj on film...

By the way, who has seen Brown Bunny?
    Heard it was the ultimate ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

By the way, who has seen Brown Bunny?

I worked on it, but have never seen the finished product. Dude is a complete dick-elitist who cannot act, and caught dim lightning in a bottle when he made a semi-decent film called Buffalo 66.

But no matter how much I dislike him as a person and a film maker the "When" album is fantastic

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the words "insanely creepy" come to mind.

• I don't if I'd like want to shoot hoops with the guy or anything like that, but I respect him as an artist etc. etc.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i'd like to shoot hoops with the guy.

• By the way, who has seen Brown Bunny?

in the fullest

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    regardless of dude's old skool bboy stance there are 2 facts that remain
    he is a self admitted stuck up painfully self aware pompous douchebag with small penis.
    and........he is quite vocal about his disdain for marijuana and people who combust

me rasta not like em
    go listen to "yes "
    son
    i keep me dub

• I haven't heard dude's music or seen his movies. No opinion.

However, his studio is the definition of game over...
    http://www.drowninginbrown.com/dib_studio.htm

Check out the microphones, or the Gleeman Pentaphonic under #11, or the giant rack of Pultec EQs...

• HUGE FAN! I EVEN SAW BROWN BUNNY IN THE THEATERS!!!!

• regardless of dude's old skool bboy stance there are 2 facts that remain
    he is a self admitted stuck up painfully self aware pompous douchebag with small penis.
    and........he is quite vocal about his disdain for marijuana and people who combust

me rasta not like em
    go listen to "yes "
    son
    i keep me dub

you forgot to mention that he's also a registered Republican, racist, and ex boyfriend of paris hilton.

guy cracks me up trying to sell his sperm online though... not only does he want like a million dollars, but he refuses to supply sperm for any women of "extremely dark complexion"...

fuck this guy.. seriously.

• wasn't he selling his sperm on ebay for a million bucks or something? along with some of his artwork n stuff. legend in his own mind.

• met him, very funny guy and not the asshole (to me anyway) that many have described him as, but yeah - certainly a legend in own mind. B66 is a classic, BBunny was certainly self indulgent (in the amount of time he asked you to wait for a payoff + the needlessly "x" sex scene), but once the backstory was revealed (post sex scene), i felt it validated the whole thing. the story is a straight up tragedy, but you can tell he did the slow burn and needlessly "x" sex scene just to get people pissed at him - thus missing the fact that the film actually has a story and is well done for what it is - which of course fuels his self-imposed legend status in his mind. "no one understands my genius" ...well maybe they would, vincent, if you didnt talk so much shit and lost some of your attitude! heh heh... its pretty funny when you think about it.

• you guys are taking all his shit talking way too seriously,he's by no means an asshole.he makes great fucking music,Buffalo '66 was a truly fantastic film. with Brown Bunny he made a film that he wanted to see,sure thats self-indulgent but at least he has some balls and you dont really see alot of directors/artists/musicians with those anymore.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Buffalo 66 was an intriguing film that could fall into the category of a "City Symphony" or some such thing that we used to talk about around here in my day. I would watch it again, but I won't be putting it on my netflix queue.

I didn't see Brown Bunny and I also won't be putting it on my netflix queue.

I also haven't heard his album "When" on Warp records. Possibly if one of you would describe the music a little more than simply saying that you like it and think it's a classic, you might pique my interest. I've been known to buy with the right recommendations.

good luck with that,
    JRoot

• His album on Warp, "When" has been been my favorite album of the past 5 years or so since it came out.
    im glad im not the only fag that thinks so. i mean its not my favourite, but i really, really, really like it. brown bunny sucked though. i wanted to really like that too, but didnt

im sure its been played to death, but heres his appearance on stern anyway.

• I liked Buffalo 66, he was great in Palookaville...and dismissed the bad reviews for the Brown Bunny.................... and I still think Brown Bunny is one of the most awful films I've ever seen.

I don't know him so I can't comment if he's an asshole or not, but Brown Bunny is maybe one of the most pretentious pieces of shit I've ever seen.

• HUGE FAN! I EVEN SAW BROWN BUNNY IN THE THEATERS!!!!

Even more points in my book.

Come on, you can't even laugh at him, or take a step back and go "holy shit" ?