SOULSTRUT PET PEEVES

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited September 2006 in Strut Central
List the thing that most irks you. And please, no "DABABABADABA/FAUXRILLZ/ETC IRKS ME" asshurtedness. Just stuff that could make the site more livable for us all.Mine: excessive bumping of sales posts. Just buy a fucking sticky.

Comments

• The search function.

• Ooh that's a good one.

• Soulstrut Pet Peeves post!

• The search function.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    newbies giving their opinion on the state of soulstrut.

or really, just people in general bitching about the state of soulstrut. its a fuckin message board. if you don't like the way it is, leave.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i always hate K from canada's posts since they were always FULLSIZEPIX of similar shit over and over
    and i started doubting that anyone without a car could come up like that all the time

also little dudes who post pix of common lps
    i[we].>don't care>bout that curtisissacmotownstaxalgreen joints you crapped

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Oh man.. weird. I was gonna start one of these the other day.

Oversized images (thanks to Drewn for stepping up and ridding us all of this problem)

Gratuitous use of graemlins (this happens especially when new ones are introduced)

Run On Thread Subjects (LOOKATMYHEREPOSTITISCAUSINGTHEHOMEPAGETOSTRETCHOUT)

mORE TO cOME

• friendly little website you got here..........

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    multiple threads about the same subject (Steve Irwins death, political issue du jour)

one word posts ('cept from Rey)

lack of modern soul threads

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The search function.

I've never had a problem with it other than the 'too many searches' error which is just protecting the server from nosediving.

Another trick is to use Google. Type in 'your search term soulstrut' and it usually is faster and better than the local search engine.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Anyone who seriously calls for the banning of another member because they have a differing opinion on something/anything.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    The search function.

I've never had a problem with it other than the 'too many searches' error which is just protecting the server from nosediving.

Another trick is to use Google. Type in 'your search term soulstrut' and it usually is faster and better than the local search engine.

Eh, I don't know, dude:

deep pockets

vs.

short arms

Shit, even a google search for "your search term soulstut" comes up empty. Is there some trick that I'm missing?

And as far as the local engine: I fully support the "too many searches" safeguard, but eighteen-month-old threads cuffed by a three-month search function is real frustrating. By my math, that's only 78 searchable pages out of 573.

• every thread turning into the same topic: RACE and/or the N word.

seriously.. enough is enough. are there really any racists on this board anyway? actaully... don't even answer that.. it'll turn into another 10 pager.

• Shit, even a google search for "your search term soulstut" comes up empty. Is there some trick that I'm missing?

Spelling?

seriously.. enough is enough. are there really any racists on this board anyway? actaully... don't even answer that.. it'll turn into another 10 pager.

people who say that every topice becomes a race thread, when that is faaaar from the truth. biggest non-story of SS.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The search thingy is a peeve.

Also, the really short time limit on posting. I can't always be smart enough to write my post in word and then transfer it over.

How about a forum where great threads are posted.

Where only Mods+ could move threads into. This way classics will never just disappear forever. People could still post on, but no regular user could make a post or transfer one over.

Things like the Graemlins & soulstrut pics post have seemed to disappear.

This saddens me!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the cut off locations

people who say that every topice becomes a race thread, when that is faaaar from the truth. biggest non-story of SS.

i refuse to believe i've imagined all the threads. not to mention the amount of threads created ABOUT racial issues... we all know that saying the N word is not a good look, but reading about it everyday is a yawnfest.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Anyone who seriously calls for the banning of another member because they have a differing opinion on something/anything.

BAN

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Also, the really short time limit on posting. I can't always be smart enough to write my post in word and then transfer it over.

When you type out a lengthy post or are interrupted in the middle of composing a post, you can simply highlight, right-click and select copy, so it will be available to you to paste into a new post if it doesn't go through. In other words, you needn't go through the trouble of actually saving it in some second format.

• the amount of

BS when it comes to flakey dudes because of their board status.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    the cut off locati...

can we at least get 5-10 more characters added onto the limit? it's hard to be witty with so little

• When someone writes a super long post, usually full of pics, and people quote the whole thing for their reply.

List the thing that most irks you. And please, no "DABABABADABA/FAUXRILLZ/ETC IRKS ME" asshurtedness. Just stuff that could make the site more livable for us all.

Dudes that think I oughtta maintain an archive of records I don't like that much so I can use them as a reference when engaging in internet arguments about taste.

And, yes, they are making my life unlivable.

• When someone writes a super long post, usually full of pics, and people quote the whole thing for their reply.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    When someone writes a super long post, usually full of pics, and people quote the whole thing for their reply.

SERIOUSLY! you DO NOT need to quote 15 pictures! Cause, guess what? WE SAW THEM THE FIRST TIME TOO!

When someone writes a super long post, usually full of pics, and people quote the whole thing for their reply.

How about when that entire reply consists of nothing more than the quoted post.

I mean, if you want to offer some additional evidence in support of what the original poster is saying or have a new angle on it, that's cool, but nobody really cares that poster b happens to be in complete agreement with poster a on this lone point.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

How about when that entire reply consists of nothing more than the quoted post.

I mean, if you want to offer some additional evidence in support of what the original poster is saying or have a new angle on it, that's cool, but nobody really cares that poster b happens to be in complete agreement with poster a on this lone point.

DUDE I FULLY AGREE WITH THIS!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    cosign everything everyone has said so far but let me add Parody Threads

Only a matter of time before we see

SOULSTRUT PEEVE PETS
    SOULSTRUT PET LEAVES
    SOULSTRUT TET KNEES

yadda yadda yadda

(sometimes these are funny, though)

But usually not.

Also, I'm putting a bounty on MMMMMMM_Latenciez caps loc key.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Yeah...I see ya'll!