What are your man's or woman's "PAP-isms"?

2»

Comments

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

Most nights, right before she falls asleep, she startles herself awake. She says that it's because she dreams of tripping, and that wakes her up.

I get this, too. The tripping part and everything. What's that about?

I do that shit too, I hate it...it's a violent way to wake up. usually I feel like i'm falling though not just tripping.

i have heard that it has something to do that when we were monkeys we slept in trees and would fall out every once and awhile and if you notice you put you arms and legs out to try to catch ourselves

some left over monkey junk, kind like your tail bone

• -- falls asleep after ten minutes we sstart watching a flick.

My ex used to do this every time we watched a movie at home. Then she'd wake up at the credits and ask the usual question, "how'd it end?". I would just make up some outrageous shit like "they all went bowling" or "he died and came back as a ghost" and see if she would buy it. Most of the time she did. To this day she probably gets clowned on in movie discussions.

SONIC

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Most nights, right before she falls asleep, she startles herself awake. She says that it's because she dreams of tripping, and that wakes her up.

Not a clue.... it's freaky tho, right? She totally can't control it.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I could make a list longer than War & Peace, but here are some of the top "isms"-

1. Leaving really disgusting dishes in the sink
    2. Not leaving enough gas in one of the vehicles when she knows that I'll be driving that vehicle the next day (gotta admit I was just guilty of this myself, but she does this ALL the time)
    3. Spilling juice or crumbs or whatever on the countertop or table and not cleaning the mess up
    4. Not washing out the bathtub after bathing the children
    5. Over-doing it with the perfume when she's going out, even though she knows i have bad allergies and this will set off a terrible sneezing attack which will continue for hours after she is long gone and doesn't have to see my suffering

I'll stop it right there before I get on a roll. My wife is great, but man... she's got a lot of little things that tick me off and when you put 'em all together it can seem like a big thing sometimes. But what the hell, I guess I'll keep her. Well, until my imaginary mistress Esther Baxter lets me know that she's available, anyway!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

-- is convinced food spoils in a day, throws away that hot sauce I was saving

I'll never understand why people think food spoils in a single day. Sure if you leave it out it will spoil but if you throw it in the fridge or freezer, you're good to go.

And sauces? That ish is chock full of spicy preservative chemicals that scare off even the harshest bacteria.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    my FIANCE

-Sometimes calls me "Man"
    -Lashes out violently in his sleep when I try to snuggle him
    -is a NEAT FREAK
    -falls asleep during DVDs all the time

but basically I'm the messy one.

and I hope this thread disappears before he gets back into town tomorrow night!

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    How could I forget???

She refrigerates food that doesn't need to be, like peanut butter and "the cock" (that generic asian hot sauce you get with the rooster on it).

She locks the top lock on the back door, which she KNOWS my key can't hardly get in to!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    She locks the top lock on the back door, which she KNOWS my key can't hardly get in to!

So, your door has trouble locking, aye?

Don't let Headphone Fiend see this. He will be on the first plane down Souf.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts

Its called a myoclonic jerk. Its from our ancestry in the trees. Falling off meant instant death. That is also one of the reasons we as humans dream, because we have spent so muc time in the trees virtually safe from predators, that allowed us the ability to go into more deep REM sleep. Dreaming helps to establish an ego -- a seperation between the I and the "thou." And that swhat gives us consciosness.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    my FIANCE

-Sometimes calls me "Man"
    -Lashes out violently in his sleep when I try to snuggle him
    -is a NEAT FREAK
    -falls asleep during DVDs all the time

but basically I'm the messy one.

and I hope this thread disappears before he gets back into town tomorrow night!

BUMP!

I call chicks "dude" a lot. It's my subtle way of telling 'em "Ms. you're now in the friend zone".

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I just thought of another one. Let me begin by saying that my wife is an infinitely more picky eater than me. So, here's the scenario.

Her: Let's go get something to eat, I don't feel like cooking tonight.

Me: Ok, what would you like?

Her: I don't know, you pick the place (Remember, SHE'S the picky eater).

Me: (knowing that she's picky) Nah, you go ahead. You know how you are.

Her: No, I picked the last time. Whatever you pick is fine (Yeah, right!).

Me: (Like an idiot, I get suckered into this) OK, I want some Italian food.

Her: You always say Italian (didn't she say whatever I want). I'm not in the mood for Italian food.

Now, this same woman will tell me to be more decisive on occasion. What???? I used to be REEEEEAL decisive when I was single. Here's a question, why do women second-guess everything a guy does? It can drive you mad!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I do that shit too, I hate it...it's a violent way to wake up. usually I feel like i'm falling though not just tripping.

i have heard that it has something to do that when we were monkeys we slept in trees and would fall out every once and awhile and if you notice you put you arms and legs out to try to catch ourselves

Its called a myoclonic jerk. Its from our ancestry in the trees. Falling off meant instant death. That is also one of the reasons we as humans dream, because we have spent so muc time in the trees virtually safe from predators, that allowed us the ability to go into more deep REM sleep. Dreaming helps to establish an ego -- a seperation between the I and the "thou." And that swhat gives us consciosness.

that's amazing! i love that this why i do it. one of the best things about humans is that we come from monkeys.