Who Is Steve Aoki?

13»

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    hahahahahaaaaa

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Quo is steadily with the Photoshop skills.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Quo is steadily with the Photoshop skills.

Seriously.

Bow down kids, the man is

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I just noticed the brunette behind Steve is I>totally/I> checking Jesus out.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I just noticed the brunette behind Steve is I>totally/I> checking Jesus out.

• YO! where did you get those jesus things from? that's crazy!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    steve akoi is going to kill himself after reading this thread. good going guys.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    first rule of djing. put your purse down.

Damn! I was gone for 24 hours and this thread went nuts!

My original questions about this dude :

Who is he? I think we got that down.

Why is this the lastest trend among pop bitches?.....still yet to be answered, but basically I hate the stigma that DJs are cool, or that being a dj is cool. A lot of DJs are total nerds.....the complete opposite of cool.

Is this the next level of making requests? Would you ever let a girl come into the booth and go through your records to pick out a song? Instead of Becky askin if you will PLAY her song, she will ask you if she can get on your laptop and DOWNLOAD her song. Pretty sure this aspect has already been discussed.

Am I mad at Steve for teaching LL how to Dj? NO, am I mad at LL for wanting to be a DJ? Yes. The Djs of the new generation are not ever going to even touch a piece of vinyl and they are going to think that music comes from a titanium box. This makes me quite sad.

This is a meaty subject here in Portland because a DJ School opened last year. Anyhow, the threads on local boards about DJs being Taught to DJ is never ending...perhaps thats where some of my hostility comes from that and being a female DJ.

Her purse by the way probably costs more than the entire set up including the laptop, the mixer, the decks and the hardware.

This is how it goes down in my mind...

LL: " Hey steve can you teach me how to mix? I want to play some songs."

Steve: " Sure come on up, you can set your purse down over there"

LL: " I think I'll hold onto it"

Steve: " ughhh.. Ok, Well lets pick a song to play.....the song we are playing right now is 100 BPM so we need to find something that is similar to that"

LL : "What is a BPM?"

Steve; " Nevermind, just go through scroll through and pick out something with 100 next to it."

LL: " Can't we just play Ridin' Dirty?"

And finally.......Is Steve Aoki just another Hipster DJ or does he have actual street cred?

Seems like its about 50/50. While we have established that he has been around for awhile and may infact have some kind of credit...depending on what street your from, It appears that more people would catergorize him as bonafide Hipster. Even Jesus.

Why Do I care about LL or KO jumping on...because it more about status than skill and being a female DJ this is offensive because it is the equvilant to sucking dick to get a promotion rather than puttin in work and gaining respect as a skilled artist. And when "real" Dj's are being bumped for said dick suckers, it is not only offensive to a female dj but djs of all kinds. Both of these girls have have released pop albums, does that mean they have already paid their dues in the industry?
    I think not.

On a side note, Steve Aoki does endorse Uffie so I have to give him props for that.

You guys are crazy..being mad for being mad, hating the player and not the game. What will they talk about on soulstrut in 20 years? Will it be full of record loving maniacs? Will records even exist? Only God knows.
    (that shit is awesome btw)

P.S. Sorry for using the term FireCrotch how bout DJ FireFox

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    FIVER STAREER

DOOOD
    THIS THREAD HAS DJING AND L.LO

I LOVE THAT GAL, CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND IT
    SHE CAN'T BE DENIED
    SAYING

MEAN GIRLS