Scary shit (nrr)

ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Yeah, this is some shit. As seen on Fazed: The Junior Christian Science Bible Lesson Show

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

That is one of the most terrifyingly creepy things I've ever seen!

It gives me the shivers and now I want to vomit.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

That is one of the most terrifyingly creepy things I've ever seen!

It gives me the shivers and now I want to vomit.

that makes me NOT wanna watch it.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Yeah, this is some shit.

As seen on Fazed:

The Junior Christian Science Bible Lesson Show

Yeah, I'm sure aliens are really into Christianity - you know, like Jesus, who (as I recall) never perfected space travel.

That has got to be the worst puppeteering I've ever seen - how hard is it to move your hand to the words of a song???

I love that they have bible verses that support God and aliens. That is dope shit.

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    insane

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that shit is rad

• I think that was beautiful. It was surreal, but I think their info was probably more correct from what you'll hear from most Christians these days.

Rather have my kid watching that than the 700 Club.

And if my kid needed his Christian alien info fix, that show was much more pleasant and lovable than Jack Van Impe.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I think that was beautiful. It was surreal, but I think their info was probably more correct from what you'll hear from most Christians these days.

I'm not sure about the rest of the clip, but I thought that first song was pretty excellent as far as religious indoctrination goes.

"be glad for everything I have/gratitude to god will supply more in our path"

"believing in god, nothing can be lost or out of place"

"there's life on many different planets/just like many people have their own different talents"

not too sure about the whole "we will see the space angels face to face" part though.

Given the choice between christian science television and evangelical television, I'm letting my kid watch the alien.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Here's some info from a friend of my fiance, who forwarded the clip around:

"just for the record, that guy, David Hart is his name
    (i'll explain soon), is completely looney-toons. CS has NOTHING to do
    with aliens, UFO's, or anything remotely related to outer space.

So i forward your email to a bunch of CS friends of mine. And then i
    google the Junior Christian Science Bible Lesson whatever, and i come up
    with this article about the creator David Hart. So then I send the link
    to my CS friends so they could read it. Then one of my friends who lives
    in LA writes back and says that David Hart used to go to her church, and
    as mentioned before, was looney tunes. She said she'd occasionally see him
    standing on a bucket in front of the Hollywood Bowl or the Dorothy Chandler
    Pavilion singing hymns and asking for money. I also learned in this article I read
    about him that people who are into bizarro stuff have traded tapes of his productions and for a while he was a hot ticket amongst people who love bizarro stuff."

So, uhm, there you go???

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Given the choice between christian science television and evangelical television, I'm letting my kid watch the alien.

Yeah, I didn't see the alien preaching eternal damnation for all those that don't live his lifestyle.

looney tunes

• Given the choice between christian science television and evangelical television, I'm letting my kid watch the alien.

Yeah, I didn't see the alien preaching eternal damnation for all those that don't live his lifestyle.

looney tunes

Co-sign...

In fact, seriously now... Is it a huge stretch to say that anyone who believes that over 2000 years ago, god had baby boy, and his mission was to be nailed to a cross, and then immediately raised from the dead, so that all humans can live forever in heaven?

Sounds pretty loony tunes...

ANyone who knows about CHristian Science, knows that that wasn't "Christian Science"... But maybe... An attempt at a more scientific (science-fiction?) Christianity... But it's not what Christian Scientists believe... They may be even more wacky then this guy... I bet he takes medicine when he gets sick, and doesn't shun science like they do.

BY the way, I happen to like "Christian Scientists" (not real christian "scientists",everyone knows thats an oxy-moron)... I think both of these are much better than the guy in the pic above, and everything he represents.

Peace...

FNM