What do the PEOPLE think of "Idlewild" ?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    if trae was on the idlewild soundtrack it would sell half as many copies but have twice as much street cred

would it be backed by Fat Joe?

Fat Joe only goes around making fatuous claims that "streets is feeling" a given project when he's personally involved with said project. See: Remy Ma

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    if trae was on the idlewild soundtrack it would sell half as many copies but have twice as much street cred

would it be backed by Fat Joe?

Fat Joe only goes around making fatuous claims that "streets is feeling" a given project when he's personally involved with said project. See: Remy Ma

In that case I hope Trae can play ball at the Rucker next season

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Fellas, this post is great. Comedically speaking.

Oh, and Fat Joe informed Hot 97's morning listeners yesterday that "The hood is feeling that Paris Hilton album crazy!"

They still let that chump on Hot 97? Damn, NYC lost again.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    NYC KEEPS FUCKING UP THE MONEY

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    here is something to wrap your mind around... white is actually the combination of all colors in the spectrum. hence bright lights appear to be white as they reflect multitudes of color. black is the absense of color. hence darkness with the absense of light. now, what do real hip hop hard heads think about idlewild? and do they like outkast at all? cause i know some purists that argue that outkast is just wack regardless. thats not what i think, but it did take me a long time to warm up to them... still gonna check out idlewild though.

now, what do real hip hop hard heads think about idlewild? and do they like outkast at all? cause i know some purists that argue that outkast is just wack regardless.

I didn't know they still made these people.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    white is actually the combination of all colors in the spectrum. black is the absense of color.

If i've learned anything from Ras Kass, it's the opposite.

• Fat Joe only goes around making fatuous claims that "streets is feeling" a given project when he's personally involved with said project. See: Remy Ma

This is true; his full name is Fatuous Joseph.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    white is actually the combination of all colors in the spectrum. black is the absense of color.

If i've learned anything from Ras Kass, it's the opposite.

I just picked up a copy of The Isis Papers yesterday.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I think this is a apt title for such a project."Idlewind"!!! think about it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Paula Patton

• I listened to Southernplayalistic start to finish today. There ain't too much out there that's fucking with it.

Still haven't heard Idlewild.

b/w

Isis Papers

I didn't know they still made people like this

Isis Papers

That would want to read a book before casting judgement on it???

I listened to Southernplayalistic start to finish today. There ain't too much out there that's fucking with it.

You did not find it to be "cookie-cutter, street-life rap"?

Isis Papers

That would want to read a book before casting judgement on it???

I gotta ask too, Jonny. What is so incredibly ludicrous to you about The Isis Papers? That someone that holds a higher degree than you attempted to identify the psychological basis for worldwide racism? That a once-talented rapper took it in wholesale? I'd very much like to hear exactly what your beef is...

• I listened to Southernplayalistic start to finish today. There ain't too much out there that's fucking with it.

You did not find it to be "cookie-cutter, street-life rap"?

I was actually thinking that song in particular is just one of those songs that has an immortal feeling to it. I know every word and probably will 20 years from now.

That dude got it so, so wrong.

Robert - I'm pretty sure I've read the Isis Papers...

someone that holds a higher degree than you

It has been tooken there!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

image search for "Gauntlet thrown"

Also:

White male homosexuality may be viewed as the symbolic attempt to incorporate into the white male body more male substance by either sucking the penis of another male and orally ingesting the semen, or by having male ejaculate deposited in the other end of the alimentary canal. Through anal intercourse, the self-debasing white male may fantasize that he can produce a product of color, albeit that the product of color is fecal matter.

On both St. Valentine's Day and Mother's Day, the white male gives gifts of chocolate candy with nuts. . . . If his sweetheart ingests 'chocolate with nuts,' the white male can fantasize that he is genetically equal to the Black male.

Is it not also curious that when white males are young and vigorous, they attempt to master the large brown balls, but as they become older and wiser, they psychologically resign themselves to their inability to master the large brown balls? Their focus then shifts masochistically to hitting the tiny white golf balls in disgust and resignation???in full final realization of white genetic recisiveness.

• someone that holds a higher degree than you

A higher God Degree perhaps???

Only noted because The Isis Papers were written per academic criteria. It's not a shot at Jonny, especially coming from someone who only holds a bachelors...just a inquiry into standards.

White male homosexuality may be viewed as the symbolic attempt to incorporate into the white male body more male substance by either sucking the penis of another male and orally ingesting the semen, or by having male ejaculate deposited in the other end of the alimentary canal. Through anal intercourse, the self-debasing white male may fantasize that he can produce a product of color, albeit that the product of color is fecal matter.

On both St. Valentine's Day and Mother's Day, the white male gives gifts of chocolate candy with nuts. . . . If his sweetheart ingests 'chocolate with nuts,' the white male can fantasize that he is genetically equal to the Black male.

Is it not also curious that when white males are young and vigorous, they attempt to master the large brown balls, but as they become older and wiser, they psychologically resign themselves to their inability to master the large brown balls? Their focus then shifts masochistically to hitting the tiny white golf balls in disgust and resignation???in full final realization of white genetic recisiveness.

I haven't gotten to those parts of the book yet...but my initial response to the passages are that they are genius[/b], regardless of whether they are scientifically factual or not.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    coming from someone who only holds a bachelors...

I seem to recall the phrase "college boy" being thrown around as if it were a derogatory one.

Did u get to the cigars part?

Only noted because The Isis Papers were written per academic criteria.

Is that so?

It was peer-reviewed by a pool of respected academics in Cress-Welsing's field (remember, she's a psychiatrist, so that would mean MDs)?

It was published by a respected academic press?

Let's be serious.

• especially coming from someone who only holds a bachelors...

fucking snob.

That Isis Papers sounds like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo non-sesne, so of course it's something you'll enjoy.

especially coming from someone who only holds a bachelors...

fucking snob.

That Isis Papers sounds like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo non-sesne, so of course it's something you'll enjoy.

So I'm a snob towards myself???

Dude, you try way too hard to be so wrong so often.

fucking snob.

Read Mumbo Jumbo and see me in a month.

Only noted because The Isis Papers were written per academic criteria.

Is that so?

It was peer-reviewed by a pool of respected academics in Cress-Welsing's field (remember, she's a psychiatrist, so that would mean MDs)?

It was published by a respected academic press?

Let's be serious.

My understanding is that portions of the book helped her earn a PHD, no?

fucking snob.

Read Mumbo Jumbo and see me in a month.

Reed doesn't really seem like Young Phonics' bag.