MR MAGIC

2»

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    funny. i was originally going frame that post as follows:

[faux]But you're still wrong. Unless you're a lupe fiasco magic robot type who derives "coolness" from exclusivity.[/faux]

[archaic]In which case you'd be double wrong. In lifestyle and opinion. [/archaic]

Indicting someone's entire lifestyle--or right to exist--based on their opinions of a rap recording or two is more an Archaic move. I usually restrain myself to accusing them of not actually liking rap.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

Insane! I know about a guy from japan (!) who just got the OG Mr. Magic LP!! Rarest rap record ever??
    IMG SRC=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/297/ayo16es5.jpg>

• Editorial Reviews

Product Description:

With Food & Liquor, Lupe Fiasco sets no boundaries for himself as he creates a revolutionary brand of alternative hip-hop in which he shares his mind through original storytelling techniques. He takes hip-hop off the streets and onto the half pipe, off the streets and into the sneaker shops, off the streets and into the hands and in front of real people.

from amazon.com

Editorial Reviews

Product Description:

[O-Dub]With Food & Liquor, Lupe Fiasco sets no boundaries for himself as he creates a revolutionary brand of alternative hip-hop in which he shares his mind through original storytelling techniques. He takes hip-hop off the streets and onto the half pipe, off the streets and into the sneaker shops, off the streets and into the hands and in front of real people.[/O-Dub]

from amazon.com

I've been waiting for an excuse to post this:

also i just figured out what that says.

for his career.

It's pretty bad, but check this one out:

I guess dude realizes that the only way anybody's gonna buy one of his records in 2006 is if he fools them into thinking it's a Limp Bizkit release.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Ok. I am sorry if my swearing was coming out offensive, but his statement makes no sense. I didn't say anything wrong or incorrect. and once again? haha no, I know what I'm talking about. Sounded like he was trying to make fun out of me or diss me.

pookey, you still don't understand what everyone here is trying to tell you:

the Mr Magic you're insisting is 'better' (the CT one) is really just a minor footnote (if that) in the larger history of rap music. the Mr Magic that is largely considered to be far more important here is the NYC one, who's influence on rap is immense.

you seem to be representing the whole european teen rewriting of rap history phenomenon these days which does not go over well here.

i don't know or care if the Mr Magic LP is the rarest rap record or not.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    Ok. I am sorry if my swearing was coming out offensive, but his statement makes no sense. I didn't say anything wrong or incorrect. and once again? haha no, I know what I'm talking about. Sounded like he was trying to make fun out of me or diss me.

pookey, you still don't understand what everyone here is trying to tell you:

the Mr Magic you're insisting is 'better' (the CT one) is really just a minor footnote (if that) in the larger history of rap music. the Mr Magic that is largely considered to be far more important here is the NYC one, who's influence on rap is immense.

you seem to be representing the whole european teen rewriting of rap history phenomenon these days which does not go over well here.

i don't know or care if the Mr Magic LP is the rarest rap record or not.

Dude! He said the CT Mr Magic was "cooler"! There is a BIG difference! What that difference is is still not clear...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I need that "Crack It Up" Pro drug song he use to play. The song that PE called him out on.

You gotta CRACK IT UP -
    You gotta CRACK IT UP -
    You gotta put it in the pipe -

Oh ok thats that Funk Master Wizard Wiz joint you talking about.....I know i have that somewhere.....that cat was like an earlier version of ODB and Flavor Flav....... he also had some even crazier shit on his full lenght LP talking eat shit in bellvue etc etc

That cut is on the flip to "Crack it Up"... I believe it's called "Bellevue Patient" and on it he describes raping a cop!

"all the kids used to say ',yo, wiz is sick'
    cause i used to make snowballs out of dogshit!"

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    the whole european teen rewriting of rap history phenomenon these days which does not go over well here.
    Please to explain.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

for his career.

He might as well title that shit "Lollapalooza for Life"

I still like those mixtapes but this is a bad sign for the album (I never heard the leaked version)

for his career.

He might as well title that shit "Lollapalooza for Life"

I still like those mixtapes but this is a bad sign for the album (I never heard the leaked version)

Is it supposed to be a reference to something specific from the eighties? Like Back to the Future or some such schitt that people who grew up without a TV missed out on?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    LUPE FIASCO BANGIN NEW STREET ANTHEM "TRON"

LUPE FIASCO BANGIN NEW STREET ANTHEM "TRON"

FIX YOUR FACE SON!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I need that "Crack It Up" Pro drug song he use to play. The song that PE called him out on.

You gotta CRACK IT UP -
    You gotta CRACK IT UP -

Oh ok thats that Funk Master Wizard Wiz joint you talking about.....I know i have that somewhere.....that cat was like an earlier version of ODB and Flavor Flav....... he also had some even crazier shit on his full lenght LP talking eat shit in bellvue etc etc

That cut is on the flip to "Crack it Up"... I believe it's called "Bellevue Patient" and on it he describes raping a cop!
    Never was a fan of Crack It Up.

Bellevue Patient is most def. hard as f**k.

Can't you take a hint?/I'm CRAZY!!!