WHAT SHOULD RASS HAAAAG PLAY AT THE JERU SHOW?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
DUDE WAS ALLL LIKE "YO..." AND I WAS LIKE "YEAH?" AND HE LIKE "F'REALS?" AND I WAS LIKE "LETS SEE WHAT SOULSTRUT HAS TA SAAAAAAAAAY"

Comments

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Club Bangers

• Organic Kufi-Slapper Blappers.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Ross should "bless the apparatus".

• xian folkways heet

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    "TRU MASTER," DUDE.

WRATH OF THE MATH: JERU HOOK + "HOG WITH THE GOLD CARD" x (EASTCOSE + WESSCOSE) = DOUBLE THE VAN DAMAJ

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    del "dark skin girls"

yoooooooooooo!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    dead prez

• "Regulate" by Warren G

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    Nothing but Gangstar

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Group Home - "Livin Proof"

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Bob Marley's "Crazy Baldhead" with a livification for Jeru .

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I don't think he gets down like that, dude... your fifteen years of fervid fantasies aside.

• I ended up playing it safe for that crowd (read: backpack-friendly 90s rapp, Primo productions, etc.) and they dug it. Decent turnout for Jeru, which surprised me a little, but the other rooms were not exactly packed. And Jeru wasn't bad, all things considered.

But towards the end of his set, some dude ran on stage and SUCKER PUNCHED him. He then immediately hauled ass out of the club with Jeru and his huge DJ right behind him. Place went nuts for a few minutes, then they walked back on stage, laughed about it, and continued their set. It was pretty impressive how calm he was.

You really can't stop the prophet.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    But towards the end of his set, some dude ran on stage and SUCKER PUNCHED him. He then immediately hauled ass out of the club with Jeru and his huge DJ right behind him. Place went nuts for a few minutes, then they walked back on stage, laughed about it, and continued their set. It was pretty impressive how calm he was.
    wow.
    when i saw him he berated the crowd for not giving him enough energy. i think he stopped the show early too

• dayday 9,611 Posts

I don't think he gets down like that, dude... your fifteen years of fervid fantasies aside.

His status is the saddest.

But YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - Ross plaese to elaborate. Anybody know why/who etc?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

wow.
    when i saw him he berated the crowd for not giving him enough energy. i think he stopped the show early too

this kind of shit drives me up the wall, same as Cat Power crying and stopping playing because people are talking, Ryan Adams having a hissy fit because of a heckler, Ian MacKaye pontificating, Detroit Cobras berating the crowd for the "lack of response"...I'll be damned if I could take an artist seriosuly that does this shit...you pay money, you enjoy/watch/listen however you want...insulting your paying audience is fucking lame...

• But YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - Ross plaese to elaborate. Anybody know why/who etc?

No idea, although Jeru did say, "I kicked some dude's ass at DNA Lounge here in Frisco a couple of years ago. Maybe that's him!"

I've also heard a story (from THE_OTHER_ROSS, later corroborated by Jimi Scott) that 10 year ago in Boulder, some kid jumped onstage and wanted to battle. Jeru dropped him with a spinning backfist instead.

Payback?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

wow.

this kind of shit drives me up the wall, same as Cat Power crying and stopping playing because people are talking, Ryan Adams having a hissy fit because of a heckler, Ian MacKaye pontificating, Detroit Cobras berating the crowd for the "lack of response"...I'll be damned if I could take an artist seriosuly that does this shit...you pay money, you enjoy/watch/listen however you want...insulting your paying audience is fucking lame...

While you will find no bigger berater of spoiled artists who can't take a bit of crowd indifference than I, it is also a public concert where other people have also paid their money, so it wouldn't kill patrons to exercise a little consideration to at least their fellow patrons on the chattiness/loudmoth heckler-ness,etc.

But I agree...acts who get asshurt over lousy crowd response generally need to practice more or play out less.

• It should also be mentioned that Bicasso (Living Legends) was the host and was doing some freestyling with a band, which was kind of dope (so granola right now!) and dude made history by BEING THE FIRST RAPPER EVER TO TELL THE SOUNDMAN TO LOWER[/b] THE VOLUME ON HIS MICROPHONE. Homeboy was just real nice overall.

Also there was a crop of HUF/Streetwear/Retro Early 90's gear type dudes in the building all going dumb to some bay joints I was playing. They looked fucking silly.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    It should also be mentioned that Bicasso (Living Legends) was the host and was doing some freestyling with a band, which was kind of dope (so granola right now!) and dude made history by BEING THE FIRST RAPPER EVER TO TELL THE SOUNDMAN TO LOWER[/b] THE VOLUME ON HIS MICROPHONE. Homeboy was just real nice overall.

That's a good dude right there.

BTW, when does that new shit drop?

Herm

• It should also be mentioned that Bicasso (Living Legends) was the host and was doing some freestyling with a band, which was kind of dope (so granola right now!) and dude made history by BEING THE FIRST RAPPER EVER TO TELL THE SOUNDMAN TO LOWER[/b] THE VOLUME ON HIS MICROPHONE. Homeboy was just real nice overall.

That's a good dude right there.

BTW, when does that new shit drop?

Herm

IT'S BEEN OUT. PM with your addy I'll give you a copy por gratis. Maybe it'll inspire some more white text messages!

• I've also heard a story (from THE_OTHER_ROSS, later corroborated by Jimi Scott) that 10 year ago in Boulder, some kid jumped onstage and wanted to battle. Jeru dropped him with a spinning backfist instead.

Whoa, your version sounds a lot better...plays out like a kung fu movie in my mind. Heres how I remember it 10 years on:

Latyrx opened this fine evening in Boulder. At the end of his performance, Jeru challenged anyone in the audience to a freestlye battle. This cat that went by the name of Africa S** took the stage and they went to work. Africa S** refused to give the mic back to jeru after like the 2nd round, so Jeru clocked him with what I know as a rolling backfist straight to the nose, and knocked the Boulder kid to the ground. I thought your man must have known some shaolin. Then its all chaos and backpacks and hippies. If I remember correctly, Jeru gets cut by someone else from the audience (!) and the show is over. We slipped out as fights were breaking out all over the venue.

Looking back on it, I can't believe that happened in Boulder of all places...the only other violence I can think of around CU campus was riots that were started when the police cracked down on underage drinking.

I can only assume this SF show will go better...but if D. Original challeneges audience members, cluth them boxcutters and guard your grillz y'all.

-Other

• I've also heard a story (from THE_OTHER_ROSS, later corroborated by Jimi Scott) that 10 year ago in Boulder, some kid jumped onstage and wanted to battle. Jeru dropped him with a spinning backfist instead.

Whoa, your version sounds a lot better...plays out like a kung fu movie in my mind. Heres how I remember it 10 years on:

Latyrx opened this fine evening in Boulder. At the end of his performance, Jeru challenged anyone in the audience to a freestlye battle. This cat that went by the name of Africa S** took the stage and they went to work. Africa S** refused to give the mic back to jeru after like the 2nd round, so Jeru clocked him with what I know as a rolling backfist straight to the nose, and knocked the Boulder kid to the ground. I thought your man must have known some shaolin. Then its all chaos and backpacks and hippies. If I remember correctly, Jeru gets cut by someone else from the audience (!) and the show is over. We slipped out as fights were breaking out all over the venue.

Looking back on it, I can't believe that happened in Boulder of all places...the only other violence I can think of around CU campus was riots that were started when the police cracked down on underage drinking.

I can only assume this SF show will go better...but if D. Original challeneges audience members, cluth them boxcutters and guard your grillz y'all.

-Other

What makes this even stranger is that at the show I told Ross "Hey sometimes when I check who's online I see 'THE_OTHER_ROSS' is that your boy?'" and here you are talking about it. Stah-ray-nge

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Detroit Cobras berating the crowd for the "lack of response"

Did this really happen?

Seems funny since when I saw them it seemed the opposite
    to me - the band seemed kinda dull, singer just standing
    in one place smoking a cigarette, band going through the
    motions staring at their instruments .. and the crowd was going
    all bananas, which seemed to me unwarranted - they even called
    them back for 2 encores, all chanting and stomping ... I was like,
    "really?" I was personally underwhelmed, but the crowd frothed
    like frenzied cult members...

Maybe they had been conditioned at an earlier show?

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

No idea, although Jeru did say, "I kicked some dude's ass at DNA Lounge here in Frisco a couple of years ago. Maybe that's him!"

I've also heard a story (from THE_OTHER_ROSS, later corroborated by Jimi Scott) that 10 year ago in Boulder, some kid jumped onstage and wanted to battle. Jeru dropped him with a spinning backfist instead.

Payback?

If I recall correctly we kicked some journalist dude's ass for writing about how his last show sucked. Who else was there? Stef? Peaceful?

Payback?

If I recall correctly we kicked some journalist dude's ass for writing about how his last show sucked.

We?

This is a new side of you, girl!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    ha! I meant "he" as in Jeru.

• But YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - Ross plaese to elaborate. Anybody know why/who etc?

Payback?

If I recall correctly we kicked some journalist dude's ass for writing about how his last show sucked.

We?

Young_Anna went to the Faux_Rillz school of Purse Swinging.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Payback?

We?

ROFLATOR

Payback?

We?

That would be really funny if it was at the expense of someone other than me.