WHAT SHOULD RASS HAAAAG PLAY AT THE JERU SHOW?

2»

Comments

• I've also heard a story (from THE_OTHER_ROSS, later corroborated by Jimi Scott) that 10 year ago in Boulder, some kid jumped onstage and wanted to battle. Jeru dropped him with a spinning backfist instead.

Whoa, your version sounds a lot better...plays out like a kung fu movie in my mind. Heres how I remember it 10 years on:

Latyrx opened this fine evening in Boulder. At the end of his performance, Jeru challenged anyone in the audience to a freestlye battle. This cat that went by the name of Africa S** took the stage and they went to work. Africa S** refused to give the mic back to jeru after like the 2nd round, so Jeru clocked him with what I know as a rolling backfist straight to the nose, and knocked the Boulder kid to the ground. I thought your man must have known some shaolin. Then its all chaos and backpacks and hippies. If I remember correctly, Jeru gets cut by someone else from the audience (!) and the show is over. We slipped out as fights were breaking out all over the venue.

Looking back on it, I can't believe that happened in Boulder of all places...the only other violence I can think of around CU campus was riots that were started when the police cracked down on underage drinking.

I can only assume this SF show will go better...but if D. Original challeneges audience members, cluth them boxcutters and guard your grillz y'all.

-Other

WOAH, how the hell does the name "Africa S*m" end up on soulstrut? The world is too damn small.

Way I heard it told, Jeru was not exactly killing it with the freestyle rhymes, and he got aggy. I think he was also piqued by the fact that a kid named "Africa S*m" was white (and, btw, from Africa... but I digress)

• I've also heard a story (from THE_OTHER_ROSS, later corroborated by Jimi Scott) that 10 year ago in Boulder, some kid jumped onstage and wanted to battle. Jeru dropped him with a spinning backfist instead.

Whoa, your version sounds a lot better...plays out like a kung fu movie in my mind. Heres how I remember it 10 years on:

Latyrx opened this fine evening in Boulder. At the end of his performance, Jeru challenged anyone in the audience to a freestlye battle. This cat that went by the name of Africa S** took the stage and they went to work. Africa S** refused to give the mic back to jeru after like the 2nd round, so Jeru clocked him with what I know as a rolling backfist straight to the nose, and knocked the Boulder kid to the ground. I thought your man must have known some shaolin. Then its all chaos and backpacks and hippies. If I remember correctly, Jeru gets cut by someone else from the audience (!) and the show is over. We slipped out as fights were breaking out all over the venue.

Looking back on it, I can't believe that happened in Boulder of all places...the only other violence I can think of around CU campus was riots that were started when the police cracked down on underage drinking.

I can only assume this SF show will go better...but if D. Original challeneges audience members, cluth them boxcutters and guard your grillz y'all.

-Other

WOAH, how the hell does the name "Africa S*m" end up on soulstrut? The world is too damn small.

Way I heard it told, Jeru was not exactly killing it with the freestyle rhymes, and he got aggy. I think he was also piqued by the fact that a kid named "Africa S*m" was white (and, btw, from Africa... but I digress)

A WHITE GUY WITH THE NAME AFRICA!??!?! THATS MAD SUSPECT!??!?