7L & Esoteric - A New Dope

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited August 2006 in Strut Central
Whoa, has anyone else heard this yet. Did these guys start doing heavy drugs? I gotta say I'm feelin' this shit! Not a big fan of Eso, but I like that they're trying some different shit here. With a better rapper this record would be serious heat. Beats are crazy.Here it is. Thoughts?

Comments

• I could never get into these guys. Something about their voices. Beats are pretty hot though.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Something about their voices. Beats are pretty hot though.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Something about their voices.

• *yaaawn*

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    these guys put in work...i'm not really into the music, but i respect what they do....7l is really good dj and super nice guy..gotta give em props.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    That song that samples the Twin Peaks theme tune is the best thing I have ever heard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always liked 7L & Esoteric. Esoteric's voice is part of the equation. Truly the NEW DOPE

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    This album is a experiment gone horrifyingly wrong.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    These dudes are terrible, i can't belive this is even a question.

Eso > Shawnna.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    If Lil' Wayne, Trae or MF Doom was spitting over those beats you'd probably be creaming your pants.

Eso sounds like shit though, I can't disagree, carry on with the hate...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Eso > Shawnna.
    !!!!!!!!!! lol

If Lil' Wayne, Trae or MF Doom was spitting over those beats you'd probably be creaming your pants.

You got me confused with someone else here,i dont care for any of those rappers you mentioned.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    You got me confused with someone else here,i dont care for any of those rappers you mentioned.

Sorry bout' dat. Who are you feelin?

Sorry bout' dat. Who are you feelin?

I haven't felt a rapper in a very long while.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

That makes sense.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Eso > Shawnna

no shit

• I???m definitely in the vase minority here as I usually really enjoy 7L and Eso. Over the years I think they have done some really good work.
    But this album here I???m not to sure about, I???ve only listened once and it didn???t grab me. But I will most definitely give it another listen before I write it off.

Eso > Shawnna.
    !!!!!!!!!! lol

I hope you're not trying to disavow your 8.5 rating of her album .
    That was truly a LOL moment if there ever was one.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    That means a lot, coming from you dude.

I???m definitely in the vase minority here as I usually really enjoy 7L and Eso. Over the years I think they have done some really good work.
    But this album here I???m not to sure about, I???ve only listened once and it didn???t grab me. But I will most definitely give it another listen before I write it off.

I really think that they're having problems with the label and they just want to fulfill their quota of albums for them.
    This is too serious a switch up in music style to be sincere.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts

Just can't get into it. Never been a bit 7L and Eso fan but this has to be some of the worst shit I've heard from them.

And they butchered the Twin Peaks theme. What a waste.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Their first 12" was the best joint they ever did. Speaking real words was dope as well. This new stuff is ummmmm...

Anyone check 7L's Dope on plastic mixes?

• I???m definitely in the vase minority here as I usually really enjoy 7L and Eso. Over the years I think they have done some really good work.

I really think that they're having problems with the label and they just want to fulfill their quota of albums for them.
    This is too serious a switch up in music style to be sincere.

Yeah, I think it's definitely a hail-mary "let's try to cash in"/"get out of the contract" move.

"A Common mistake like Electric Circus." Very ironic.