Crazy Record Finds

2»

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    You guys are like the Ernest Hemingways of record collecting.

BTW......Mucho Gracias for the unexpected present in my mailbox!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    You guys are like the Ernest Hemingways of record collecting.

BTW......Mucho Gracias for the unexpected present in my mailbox!!

stickers? haha! you're welcome.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    For those keeping score....Glockose is my brother.
    Game over? b/w I wish my brother would post here.

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts

Lemonade, REAL Beef Jerky & RECORDS!! Hell my kind of store.

This is the kind of roadside America I hope never goes away.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Went to a local Garage Sale one day and this older woman had a garage filled with records......said it had been her husband's collection......wnet through and picked out about 100 LP's or so and when I went to pay she said she had more in the house if I was interested.

We went inside and she brought me into a small bathroom which was obviously being used on a daily basis and she opens up a free standing clothes hamper that's just packed with LP's!!

Found one of the rarest LP's of my life in that hamper....Jackie Wilson "Razzle Dazzle" LP on Sesac Recordings Label!!!!

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    "the big record swindle"

Mmm... those were good cookies. Crumbs on my Oscar Harris, though...

That entire trip to Germany was one huge "crazy record find" to me though, even if it did lack abandoned starships filled to the brink with records lying on the bottom of the sea. You dudes got some serious stories!

- J

• Ok my wife wants me to tell HER crazy record diggin story.

When we got married we didn't have much money or time for a honeymoon so we went to the pocanos for 2 days. Well on the car drive there I saw a Antique mall and said Oh lets stop and stretch our legs for a while "we have plenty of time". When we walked in the place was filed with records. We left 5 hours later and when we got the Hotel we had lost our resv. since we where 5 hour late.

4 days later we are on our way from NY to TX in a uhal truck Me, my Wife and 2 dogs. The way she tells it she fell asleep and woke up in the truck with the dogs in a ally and I was gone. She started to panic and then saw the record sign in the rear view. I scored big that day "Steelmoon" and "Greer" for $5 each.

Well, next month will be 13 years and she hasn't gotten rid of me yet "She's the Greatest" but she'll never let me forget the first week of marriage.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Ok my wife wants me to tell HER crazy record diggin story.

When we got married we didn't have much money or time for a honeymoon so we went to the pocanos for 2 days. Well on the car drive there I saw a Antique mall and said Oh lets stop and stretch our legs for a while "we have plenty of time". When we walked in the place was filed with records. We left 5 hours later and when we got the Hotel we had lost our resv. since we where 5 hour late.

4 days later we are on our way from NY to TX in a uhal truck Me, my Wife and 2 dogs. The way she tells it she fell asleep and woke up in the truck with the dogs in a ally and I was gone. She started to panic and then saw the record sign in the rear view. I scored big that day "Steelmoon" and "Greer" for $5 each.

Well, next month will be 13 years and she hasn't gotten rid of me yet "She's the Greatest" but she'll never let me forget the first week of marriage.

hahahaha!!!

• mono pressing on Concentric, still in shrink.

please to clear out you pm box, i would like to "holla at that record"

• How did you know all the records I'm looking for were in an abandoned starship somewhere!?!? haha

That entire trip to Germany was one huge "crazy record find" to me though, even if it did lack abandoned starships filled to the brink with records lying on the bottom of the sea. You dudes got some serious stories!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    For those keeping score....Glockose is my brother.

it was only a matter of time before this happened....
    i've heard half of these stories before, but they only get better with each telling.

i'm racking my brain trying to come up with something on this level... but i have none.

i can think only of animal stories:

storage shed outside of hammond, la- damn hot. the remnants of the rockadelic goldmine's excursion post-harahan. probably 200,000 + 45's to sift through, stacked in 500 count boxes in rows above my head. i'm kind of in that record digging zen, working my way through boxes quickly- had already pulled a copy of Guitar Ray on Shagg, a few other good New Orleans 45's. i reach my hand in a box to grab a stack of 45's and i feel something touch my hand and jump. dangling from the spindle of a 45 is a little gecko lizard w/ it's tail cut off. i have no idea how many years this lizard had inhabitated the 45 box- perhpas a decade, hard to say. But he was alive and well. i transported him and the stevie wonder 45 to a nice spot in the sun and the little lizard must've been my digging spirit guide for the day as 10 records into the box- out pops Ernie & the Topnotes - dap walk.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    How did you know all the records I'm looking for were in an abandoned starship somewhere!?!? haha

"I know it all, I never sleep"

The secret map is on level two, drawn in code, only viewable in "infra-raer" vision. Follow the white whale...

- J