buying only 1 dvd ever, what movie ?

13»

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    3DVD box set of Brazil[/b]

If The Gumball Rally[/b] was on DVD, I would pick that.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Not me - I think it's great. Totally entertaining.

but imagine how much better it would be if De Palma had Scorcese's ear for scoring a film and did away with that cheesey 80s music.

omigosh! dude! that i agree with completely. if i could rescore that movie (NOT with rap songs inspired by scarface either), i would. it's been a if-i-won-a-gazillion-dollars-so-i-could-buy-the-movie-rights dream of mine for a while.

i think i posted about his very thing in one my first posts, when i was a young and green soulstrut pup.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

• no question

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Nice pick Guzzo! I actually have the LP by Anton Karas with the theme. I can't say I play it a lot, but it's nice to have around...

oh man that zither OST only makes the film that much better. and as far as extras go this DVD is chocked full of them. Radio programs alternate opening commentary and documentaries. I really think this is one of thoise DVD's that is worth every penny

One of my favorite Orson jawns. Where's Birdman9 at? He's all about the Orson too...

"Who wrote this drivel?! I don't take direction!![/b]

Yeah, I guess I just can't see the point of naming one film to buy, kinda like asking for one record to buy that will outshine all others.

But this would be my recommendation:

4 DVDs, 3 versions(Theatre cut, Euro cut, Director's cut-all with seperate commentaries), 2 documentaries and a ideo tour of the Monroeville mall. I love this shit.

For Orson, in this order:

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

when did this come out? and how come I was completely unaware of its existence until now? I'm buying it tonight (which means it better be fuckin good you fuckers )

This is my favorite movie of all time, you twist!

"He gave me da high hat!!!"

Talking of which, how about The Usual Suspects?

i thought this movie was okay. bit overated. shit I mean didn't it have the Baldwin from Cutaway in it?

And anyone else out there with me in thinking that Scarface is overated as fuck?

Scarface is not only overrated but it generally sucks as a piece of film.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    This is my favorite movie of all time, you twist!

"He gave me da high hat!!!"

"Whassamatta? Smaddy hurt you? Here's a shiny new penny."

"What's the rumpus?"

"Sister...when I've raised hell, you'll know it!"

Goddamn, I love that movie.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Nice pick Guzzo! I actually have the LP by Anton Karas with the theme. I can't say I play it a lot, but it's nice to have around...

oh man that zither OST only makes the film that much better. and as far as extras go this DVD is chocked full of them. Radio programs alternate opening commentary and documentaries. I really think this is one of thoise DVD's that is worth every penny

One of my favorite Orson jawns. Where's Birdman9 at? He's all about the Orson too...

"Who wrote this drivel?! I don't take direction!![/b]

Yeah, I guess I just can't see the point of naming one film to buy, kinda like asking for one record to buy that will outshine all others.

But this would be my recommendation:

4 DVDs, 3 versions(Theatre cut, Euro cut, Director's cut-all with seperate commentaries), 2 documentaries and a ideo tour of the Monroeville mall. I love this shit.

For Orson, in this order:

awesome! especially f is for fake. one of my all time favorites!

id still leave off the third man tho. i mean, i do like that movie a lot. it just lacks a certain something that those other films have. actually, lady from shanghai most closely resembles the third man aesthetic, but in the end it takes risks that the third man doesnt. just my opinion. id throw the trial in there somewheres.

Coen brothers films in order to best to worst:

1. Miller's Crossing
    2. Blood Simple & Barton Fink (tied for #2)
    3. Hudsucker Proxy & Raising Arizona (tide for #3)
    4. Fargo
    5. O' Brother why did they make this movie

tied for wastes of film: Intolerable Cruelty, The Big Lebowski & The Ladykillers

my 0.02

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

1. Miller's Crossing
    4. Fargo

tied for wastes of film: Intolerable Cruelty, The Big Lebowski & The Ladykillers

my 0.02

I don't think I would enjoy a movie night at Casa de Cashless.

Big Lebowski= Biggest waste of time that adds up to one of the most entertaining films ever made

the Dude abides.

1. Miller's Crossing
    4. Fargo

my 0.02

I don't think I would enjoy a movie night at Casa de Cashless.

Big Lebowski= Biggest waste of time that adds up to one of the most entertaining films ever made

the Dude abides.

haha. That's cool. Just my 0.02. I've tried[/b] to like that movie but there's no subtlety to it like the rest of the coen's flicks.

No offense, but it's like a meathead version of a coen flick.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    In all honesty, if I did have to choose just one DVD it would have to be 'Goodfellas', simply because of the acting, music, directing, story, editing, dialogue and cinematography.

How can you fuck with the Copacabana-entrance scene?

God choice but mine would be Once Upon A Time in the West. Sergio Leone owns the genre!

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

That shit is funny to me because I know most of the extras in that movie.