buying only 1 dvd ever, what movie ?

Comments

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

good choice baller, best engilsh movie ever, gives citizen kane a run for its money

right now this is what i would buy if i had the money...

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    big lebowski.

Man that was really one of the most underrated movie ever,...
    ..and the best Cohen flick, for sure !

There is no way that the "Big Lebowski" is underrated. If anything, I'd classify it as "overrated... and for really suspect reasons."

That being said, I do really like movie.

-e

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    white chicks

Quite possibly one of the worst movies ever made.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Easily for me it would be this movie.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

Hell yes.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    this ain't the best movie ever made but how high on dvd is dumb funny. the commentary..you can tell meth and red was blasted when they recorded the commentary.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    white chicks

Quite possibly one of the worst movies ever made.

have you seen marci x?

this ain't the best movie ever made but how high on dvd is dumb funny. the commentary..you can tell meth and red was blasted when they recorded the commentary.

another classic!

In all honesty, if I did have to choose just one DVD it would have to be 'Goodfellas', simply because of the acting, music, directing, story, editing, dialogue and cinematography.

How can you fuck with the Copacabana-entrance scene?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

when did this come out? and how come I was completely unaware of its existence until now? I'm buying it tonight (which means it better be fuckin good you fuckers )

I'm buying it tonight (which means it better be fuckin good you fuckers )

You won't go wrong. Gabriel Byrne is great in that.

Talking of which, how about The Usual Suspects?

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    alright, so I should just open up another thread about this, but i'll try my luck this way, since this is a movie thread already.

There was this English or European gangster flick that i've been looking for for ages now, and can't remember what the hell it's called.

Basically it's a mobster/hip flick similar in the "usual suspects" "snatch" vein, where all their lives revolved around a karaoke bar. This was all the mobsters nuetral place where they couldn't have beef with eachother in the karaoke spot.

does this sound familiar to anyone or do i need to be more specific?

thanks y'all.

i thought this movie was okay. bit overated. shit I mean didn't it have the Baldwin from Cutaway in it?

And anyone else out there with me in thinking that Scarface is overated as fuck?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Gotta give it up to Spinal Tap, probably the only DVD where the Audio Commentary is worthy of repeated listenings.

"There I am, projecting power..."

okay, thats the truth. spinal tap commentary = best commentary ever made.

plus theres like another hour and a half extra footage. PLus you can get it at the grocery store for like 10 bucks!!!! Shit sandwhich? Its all about the tap. I gotta go get it now.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    And anyone else out there with me in thinking that Scarface is overated as fuck?

Biggest piece of falsely celebrated shit ever

fans of this film also liked: anythinkg else a rapper told them to like

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

La Dolce Vita
    8 1/2

Fellini si good but....

No, what do you mean???

this quesiton is one that more based on personal tastes than anything else.

IMO its really never got better than this on DVD

Nice pick Guzzo! I actually have the LP by Anton Karas with the theme. I can't say I play it a lot, but it's nice to have around...

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    I hope you would agree.......

and who doesn't like Tarantino,at least should buy it for all those Pam 70's trailers included

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Nice pick Guzzo! I actually have the LP by Anton Karas with the theme. I can't say I play it a lot, but it's nice to have around...

oh man that zither OST only makes the film that much better. and as far as extras go this DVD is chocked full of them. Radio programs alternate opening commentary and documentaries. I really think this is one of thoise DVD's that is worth every penny

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I thought it was over-rated as well - I mean you knew it was going to be Spacey or Byrne's character within the first half hour, no? Any one see Singer's first film - Public Access? A bit of a mess, but interesting still - it's about public access television.

Miller's Crossing is so great - but Blood Simple will always be my favourite Cohen Bros film I think.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Not me - I think it's great. Totally entertaining.

oh man that zither OST only makes the film that much better. and as far as extras go this DVD is chocked full of them. Radio programs alternate opening commentary and documentaries. I really think this is one of thoise DVD's that is worth every penny

One of my favorite Orson jawns. Where's Birdman9 at? He's all about the Orson too...

"Who wrote this drivel?! I don't take direction!![/b]

not sure if it's on DVD though

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

One of my favorite Orson jawns. Where's Birdman9 at? He's all about the Orson too...

Orson only wrote one piece of dialogue for the film but damn he made that shit worthwhile. That cuckoo clock line is some gangster shit

hmm. welles had much less input into this one than folks think. carol reed directed it and graham greene wrote it.

oh yeah, big ups to joe cotton

• co-se??or

hmm. welles had much less input into this one than folks think. carol reed directed it and graham greene wrote it.

oh yeah, big ups to joe cotton

Can we not appreciate Mr. Welles for his not insignificant talent as an actor??

one of the greatest cameo e-var

Not me - I think it's great. Totally entertaining.

but imagine how much better it would be if De Palma had Scorcese's ear for scoring a film and did away with that cheesey 80s music.

I watched Carlito's Way not too long ago and De Palma does the same thing; he puts his 90s aural stamp on it. Some of the chase theme music sounds like it could be from some early 90s straight-to-video ski school flick. Cornball shit. But then they play Che Che Cole and all is well. Love that flick.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    What the eff? Hating on "Scarface" and "Usual Suspects"? That's just fucking silly.

Both those movies are classic.

-e